Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2023 | 11:46 PM
BHSAAA
Advanced

Default Gt4RS

2 days ago, from a dealer I have bought cars from and have a T coming shortly, was offered an GT4RS at $50 over, I offered $25, they thought about it a couple days but someone stepped up. Now, it could be a straight $50, something between, or $ plus a trade-in valued below market. PS. Reminder, MSRP dealers also are not above requiring a trade at below market value, so basically the same. Selling cars is a business, not a passion, for dealers - some may be passionate too, but it’s a business first.

Last edited by BHSAAA; 06-03-2023 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 06-04-2023 | 01:18 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
the three guys I know who’ve gotten them all paid msrp / 175, wow. I’d buy a low mile pista
Exactly, the GT3RS isn't a $400k+ car. I'd much rather buy a Pista, Specale, or Hurcan STO in the $400s.
The following users liked this post:
pfbz (06-11-2023)
Old 06-04-2023 | 01:20 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Frankly most the guys that say their dealers are offering a slot for X ADM probably are blowing smoke.

The 3RS will end up being a very limited run for the US due to parts constraints and are selling for even 200k USD over sticker over in Europe.

Point is simple, without a commission number that dealer doesn't have **** and I personally wouldn't agree to a 6 figure ADM withoit seeing proof of an actual slot.

I just Took delivery of my 4RS and even that car being a slightly higher production run has a list waiting for it.

For anyone curious this is Carrera white metallic with Xpel Stealth PPF.

Also.... 18ways for the MF'in Win! Also this was a stickered 195k spec with everything deviated stitching and leather wrapped basically.

This caThimble a cruiser than a race car to me.

Congrats on the GT4RS, looks good. But I don't agree with your point that the GT3RS will be a very limited car. Porsche is in business to sell cars to make profits so I fully expect them to build more 992.1 GT3RSs than they did 991.2 GT3RSs.
Old 06-04-2023 | 01:22 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 168glhs1986
I know of one for $175k over. LMK if you're interested. You can still spec it.
That stealer can go pound sand. I can secure at least a dozen GT3RS allocations if I'm willing to pay $100k over and ADMs are only going lower as time goes on. When the 991.2 GT3RSs come out, the initial ADMs were $75k-$100k and by the end of production most ADMs were down to $20k-$30k.
Old 06-04-2023 | 05:10 AM
GT3-FL
Rennlist Member

Default GT3RS

Although they are manufacturing the GT3RS in 2023 and 2024 unlike the 991.2, I agree that the numbers will be lower. Mine was supposed to be a 2023 but the carbon fiber shortage pushed it out to 2024. My dealer said that they had to push out 170 units to 2024. Does anyone know how many 2023 units were produced?
Old 06-04-2023 | 08:20 AM
richk
Drifting

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
That stealer can go pound sand. I can secure at least a dozen GT3RS allocations if I'm willing to pay $100k over and ADMs are only going lower as time goes on. When the 991.2 GT3RSs come out, the initial ADMs were $75k-$100k and by the end of production most ADMs were down to $20k-$30k.
usually agree with you

supply chain has changed things
The following users liked this post:
168glhs1986 (06-04-2023)
Old 06-04-2023 | 08:29 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richk
usually agree with you

supply chain has changed things
it ain’t the supply chain in Florida. Every Porsche dealership has plenty of these cars for sale on their lot and they are all at least 100 K or more over MSRP. Please someone show me an allocation for a GT3 RS for only 30 K above MSRP. I have a couple friends that would jump on that so fast right now the Porsche Salesman would not be able to finish his sentence. In Florida very few people are allowed the privilege of getting one of those allocations for 120K over MSRP. Or more. Don’t get me wrong I bump into people from time to time they tell me they get them at MSRP but I don’t believe them. No dealerships going to give up an extra 120 K. Well, not the bright ones anyway. The whole thing sucks. Same thing has been happening for years in the Watch world. The only thing that’s going to change it is a poor economy in my opinion.
Old 06-04-2023 | 08:49 AM
GT3-FL
Rennlist Member

Default GT3RS ADM

Originally Posted by Patton250
it ain’t the supply chain in Florida. Every Porsche dealership has plenty of these cars for sale on their lot and they are all at least 100 K or more over MSRP. Please someone show me an allocation for a GT3 RS for only 30 K above MSRP. I have a couple friends that would jump on that so fast right now the Porsche Salesman would not be able to finish his sentence. In Florida very few people are allowed the privilege of getting one of those allocations for 120K over MSRP. Or more. Don’t get me wrong I bump into people from time to time they tell me they get them at MSRP but I don’t believe them. No dealerships going to give up an extra 120 K. Well, not the bright ones anyway. The whole thing sucks. Same thing has been happening for years in the Watch world. The only thing that’s going to change it is a poor economy in my opinion.
I am also in Florida and I was able to get an allocation for a GT3RS at my dealership. I am paying an ADM well higher than $30k but not unreasonable, I think. I have a friend in St Augustine who just got a GT4 at MSRP. His dealer does not charge an ADM on any of their cars, even the RS. The challenge is that they have a very long list of VIPs in front of him to get an RS allocation. I tried to buy from them but they sprung another condition which was that also I needed to live within 50 miles in order to get an allocation which I don’t. Evidently, that is a new policy. That is OK. Fortunately, I am a position to afford the ADM and I would rather have a GT3RS than a Ferrari or Lambo. There is no comparison on the track.
Old 06-04-2023 | 09:04 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3-FL
I am also in Florida and I was able to get an allocation for a GT3RS at my dealership. I am paying an ADM well higher than $30k but not unreasonable, I think. I have a friend in St Augustine who just got a GT4 at MSRP. His dealer does not charge an ADM on any of their cars, even the RS. The challenge is that they have a very long list of VIPs in front of him to get an RS allocation. I tried to buy from them but they sprung another condition which was that also I needed to live within 50 miles in order to get an allocation which I don’t. Evidently, that is a new policy. That is OK. Fortunately, I am a position to afford the ADM and I would rather have a GT3RS than a Ferrari or Lambo. There is no comparison on the track.
I’m very good with people. I think the reason is I genuinely in my heart love other people. That’s why I’m in sales. I’m blessed with my job and the success I’ve had with sales dealing with people. Having said that I travel every week throughout the southeast for my job and I have visited every Porsche dealership in the state of Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. All of them. Most, not all are very nice and politely informed me that I was SOL. Most said that even if I had bought 10 vehicles from them, I was still SOL. Unless of course I want to pay an extremely hefty ADM. The ADM’s on the turbo S are between 50 to 100K depending on the dealership. On the GT3 RS they were all well over 100K. Most told me that even if i was willing to pay over 100K I still couldn’t get one. The used ones with low miles that most of them have in stock or 200K over MSRP. Now I suppose that every single last dealership could be lying to me, but I doubt it. I also suppose that there is some men out there that are so tight with these dealerships that they can actually get these cars at MSRP. All I’m saying is that the average person can’t. Lastly, I suspect that those who can buy them at MSRP just flip them and make a profit. How else would all these dealerships have these cars in their dealerships with 400 to 1000 miles on them ready to go for 200K over MSRP?
Old 06-04-2023 | 09:41 AM
GT3-FL
Rennlist Member

Default GT3RS ADM

When the GT4RS became available, 2 of my friends got an allocation and one paid $75k and the other $100k ADM. That was a year ago and they got their cars in Jan 2023. Now, the ADM is as low as $50k, if you find one. My buddies don’t care because they did not buy them as an investment which cars should never be considered that but Covid has changed the rules. I’ve only bought 2 cars from my Porsche dealer so I would not say that I am a VIP. The first one was my 2014 GT3 in 2018 and my wife’s 2021 Cayenne GTS. When we bought the Cayenne, I asked her to put me on the list. In Dec 2022, she called me with an allocation. The point I am trying to make is that you may need to start with a used one and let them know that you are interested. Also, don’t look at it as an investment. My dealer called me a couple of days ago because somebody backed out of their GT3 allocation. The ADM is $60k. If someone is interested, I will give you her information.
Old 06-04-2023 | 10:02 AM
richk
Drifting

Originally Posted by Patton250
I’m very good with people. I think the reason is I genuinely in my heart love other people. That’s why I’m in sales. I’m blessed with my job and the success I’ve had with sales dealing with people. Having said that I travel every week throughout the southeast for my job and I have visited every Porsche dealership in the state of Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. All of them. Most, not all are very nice and politely informed me that I was SOL. Most said that even if I had bought 10 vehicles from them, I was still SOL. Unless of course I want to pay an extremely hefty ADM. The ADM’s on the turbo S are between 50 to 100K depending on the dealership. On the GT3 RS they were all well over 100K. Most told me that even if i was willing to pay over 100K I still couldn’t get one. The used ones with low miles that most of them have in stock or 200K over MSRP. Now I suppose that every single last dealership could be lying to me, but I doubt it. I also suppose that there is some men out there that are so tight with these dealerships that they can actually get these cars at MSRP. All I’m saying is that the average person can’t. Lastly, I suspect that those who can buy them at MSRP just flip them and make a profit. How else would all these dealerships have these cars in their dealerships with 400 to 1000 miles on them ready to go for 200K over MSRP?
again will disagree...most dealers are getting less 911's

last week beverly hills porsche had 400 cars...2 of those 911's

so dealers are greedy

secondly too many brokers have entered and are controlling some of the supply

my dealer who got me 992TTS and 992GT3 at sticker...could not get me a 992RS
Old 06-04-2023 | 10:17 AM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

again will disagree...most dealers are getting less 911's

last week beverly hills porsche had 400 cars...2 of those 911's

so dealers are greedy

my dealer who got me 992TTS and 992GT3 at sticker...could not get me a 992RS
Every dealer I visited, had at least one or two Turbo S’s and several GT cars or various types in their show room. So they may be getting less but they do have them.

Any human being or company, getting what someone will pay for something is not being greedy. If that’s the case, you had better sell your house and what you paid for it when and if you do sell it. Otherwise by your own definition you’re greedy. Same thing goes with any of your cars or any other thing you own.

I suspect you hate auctions. Talk about greedy.

Lastly, this doesn’t mean we have to be happy about it. My addiction is not cars but timepieces. Because of the awesome economy we had in the late teens combined with the hype placed on social media most watches significantly went up in price. Now luckily, I have lots of connections and can get what I want at retail but I still have to wait. Do I like this? Hell no. But I’m going to tell you this good sir, when it comes time to sell any watch in my collection I’m going to get every last dime I can for it. As would any other normal person.

Last edited by Patton250; 06-04-2023 at 10:19 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Patton250:
Finlander (06-04-2023), GT3-FL (06-04-2023)
Old 06-04-2023 | 10:30 AM
GT3-FL
Rennlist Member

The market appears to be getting softer. 1-owner 992 GT3 sold for about $30k over sticker. https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...he-911-gt3-10/

Last week they also had a GT4RS that only got up to $266K. It did not sell but that was less than $50K over sticker.

It is not greed. It is what the market will bear.

Last edited by GT3-FL; 06-04-2023 at 10:31 AM.
Old 06-04-2023 | 12:23 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Truth
Old 06-04-2023 | 12:32 PM
80s
Racer

Default Got a 3 rs allocation for july

Will this be a -24 or a -23?
when exactly is the factory closed for vacation?
does anyone know what the status is right now for the production for 3 rs, everyting running smooth or chaos?

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread