992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2023 | 12:03 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by CPS992
Don't disagree with any of that. I'm just marveling at your persistence. It takes a special kind of person to post the exact same thing 4000x with unrelenting fortitude in the face of absolutely nobody caring about the message.
Persistence? I don't think I've posted much in this thread. Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else.

I think the GT3 RS is a great car, well worth the MSRP. Given that it's designed as a track car, buying it just for the looks or only for the road seems silly to me, but obviously some people are doing exactly that.
Old 05-20-2023 | 12:31 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Persistence? I don't think I've posted much in this thread. Maybe you have me mixed up with someone else.

I think the GT3 RS is a great car, well worth the MSRP. Given that it's designed as a track car, buying it just for the looks or only for the road seems silly to me, but obviously some people are doing exactly that.
Hands down you’re the most annoying dude on Rennlist.
Old 05-20-2023 | 12:36 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
Hands down you’re the most annoying dude on Rennlist.
I might say the same about you, except that I know of some people who are definitely worse.
Old 05-20-2023 | 01:42 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I'm sure more than a handful of these cars being bought are by showoffs/posers for Cars & Coffee, flippers (many VIP cars will be flipped after their hold period), collectors, and the hot money crowd who want the most hyped new shiny toy out there.
The following users liked this post:
Odin (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023 | 08:19 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm sure more than a handful of these cars being bought are by showoffs/posers for Cars & Coffee, flippers (many VIP cars will be flipped after their hold period), collectors, and the hot money crowd who want the most hyped new shiny toy out there.
I don’t normally read this thread and wasn’t subscribed, and I see that I walked into a room full of people having some ‘issues’ related to their car purchase, so I’m gonna unsubscribe …
Old 05-20-2023 | 10:10 AM
Billy Bluejay
Racer

95% of every suv you’ll see today was bought bc the owner needed a minivan, but thought the suv was cooler looking.
Old 05-20-2023 | 02:10 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

No gatekeeping, nobody is prevented from buying what they want for whatever reason they want. But if someone says that they bought a car intensively engineered for track performance primarily because it looks cool, don't think that people won't comment on that, and people are allowed to comment on it. If someone doesn't want such comments, don't post in a forum.
Hold the phone.... You do realize most GT3 guys buy GT3s ONLY to say.... "I drive a GT3". Yet dont have the ***** to drive 120mph yet alone push a machine to any of its designed engineering glory. Lets not forget, most GT3 guys know only one thing about their cars.... "it can rev to 9k RPM.

I'm buying the 3rs for one main reason, I want instagram followers on my private ig acct I never use. Already started the car its very own Onlyfans page and thinking about linking it to Rakuten. Wanted another Autostacker so figured the pay per clicks would cover the costs.

What's silly to me is how many drive the speed limits on public roads when they're empty.... also rev limiters are just so EU on the sound regulations.

Last edited by Justaroofer; 05-20-2023 at 02:12 PM.
Old 05-20-2023 | 02:31 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by CPS992
All this gatekeeping and still nobody cares. It's actually glorious to watch. I'll send you pics of me using the nose lift while I pick my kid up from school....the speed bumps are pretty rough.
Funny you bring this up... when you daily "racecars" it definitely makes you think 2x about what places you can turn into. Driving a Viper ARC-E is probably the worst though..... there's no option for lift and every turn in must be damn near parallel entry. The nose section of the 4RS seemed a tiny bit longer that the 991 and wasn't 100% sure when I ordered both the 4rs and 3rs went mandatory front lifts. The irony is both the 911 and 4RS look like boats compared to a Viper ACR-E.

Old 05-20-2023 | 02:39 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

No gatekeeping, nobody is prevented from buying what they want for whatever reason they want. But if someone says that they bought a car intensively engineered for track performance primarily because it looks cool, don't think that people won't comment on that, and people are allowed to comment on it. If someone doesn't want such comments, don't post in a forum.
Im not really sure why you would care? And I mean you really don’t know what any individual is going to do with it so you’re just guessing. But in all honesty, why would you really care what reason an individual bought one of these cars for?? Or why would you care if they paid over MSRP? Why wouldn’t you just congratulate them on it and if you think it’s a good looking version, let them know that? This is an open forum but it’s never really welcomed to criticize based off of speculation. Any criticism should be constructive anyway. Otherwise it’s more of an insult.
Old 05-20-2023 | 02:41 PM
Patton250
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Billy Bluejay
95% of every suv you’ll see today was bought bc the owner needed a minivan, but thought the suv was cooler looking.
Very true, but you also can’t tow with a minivan. Not anything of significance anyway.
Billy Bluejay (06-03-2023)
Old 06-03-2023 | 03:08 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Is there a thread that posts open slots and their ADMs? I was thinking this would be it?
Old 06-03-2023 | 04:22 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by audipwr1
Is there a thread that posts open slots and their ADMs? I was thinking this would be it?
Frankly most the guys that say their dealers are offering a slot for X ADM probably are blowing smoke.

The 3RS will end up being a very limited run for the US due to parts constraints and are selling for even 200k USD over sticker over in Europe.

Point is simple, without a commission number that dealer doesn't have **** and I personally wouldn't agree to a 6 figure ADM withoit seeing proof of an actual slot.

I just Took delivery of my 4RS and even that car being a slightly higher production run has a list waiting for it.

For anyone curious this is Carrera white metallic with Xpel Stealth PPF.

Also.... 18ways for the MF'in Win! Also this was a stickered 195k spec with everything deviated stitching and leather wrapped basically.

This caThimble a cruiser than a race car to me.

Old 06-03-2023 | 05:13 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

I suppose?

I think Ill find one at 30k+ is my guess based on past couple times around the hoop with these

Gt4 wasn’t for me, mine lasted 4 weeks

Old 06-03-2023 | 05:32 PM
168glhs1986
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by audipwr1
I know of one for $175k over. LMK if you're interested. You can still spec it.
Old 06-03-2023 | 10:58 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 168glhs1986
I know of one for $175k over. LMK if you're interested. You can still spec it.
the three guys I know who’ve gotten them all paid msrp / 175, wow. I’d buy a low mile pista
usctrojanGT3 (06-04-2023)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread