Sponsored by:

GT3RS Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2023, 11:03 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Received 590 Likes on 362 Posts

Originally Posted by spivy
This is not something I thought about. My dealer said no problem for me getting a second allocation if a PTS one becomes available. I was offered the second build originally for dealer but no pts so I said I’d wait. I have my GT4RS being delivered next week so I asked about the 3RS and they offered me the Sept build. I want a 3RS in Acid Green which is why I’m juggling my options. I wouldn’t flip the regular spec car. I’d give it back to dealer at my cost and get PTS. But if I get flagged as a flipper there is no point. I’m hoping GT2/RS or whatever fun car comes with the 992.2 offerings.
Too funny. My 4RS is 3wks out and my Acid Green 3RS will be a December delivery. I too am looking forward to the new 2RS..... and fingers crossed to.whatever is to follow the 918 in terms of "supercar". My Turbo S was 20k over, 4rs was at 40k over, but my 3rs was sticker(341k spec). I'm hopeful all future allocations continue to be sticker.

I'm just really looking forward to some good photos of my ACR Extreme next to the 3RS in a "wing off".
Old 05-09-2023, 11:50 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 178 Posts

Anyone w/ PTS able to option painted hood/roof? Configurator doesn't allow and my SA is reviewing options.
Or...is CXX the only way w/ PTS car?
Old 05-10-2023, 01:23 AM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by Rod27
$599k obo
Did it sell yet?
Old 05-10-2023, 01:53 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,029 Likes on 2,297 Posts

Originally Posted by Justaroofer
Did it sell yet?
If it did, can I get the name of the buyer? I have something special to sell them.
Old 05-10-2023, 05:26 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

Mine still on stop sale...WTF Porsche
Old 05-10-2023, 03:28 PM
CAGT3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Palting
I saw this car being prepped fpr delivery yesterday at a Cleveland dealership when I brought in my car for service Sold new at sticker Unfortunately no other info available from the service manager.

Safe to assume its a 918 VIP customer if its at sticker? Or does your dealership usually not charge an ADM??
Old 05-10-2023, 08:28 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by CAGT3
Safe to assume its a 918 VIP customer if its at sticker? Or does your dealership usually not charge an ADM??
Doesn't have to be just a 918 to not have ADM. Lots of variable.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:00 PM
CAGT3
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't have to be just a 918 to not have ADM. Lots of variable.
sure but you get my question right? is your dealership generally charging ADMs??? If they are then this is an outlier (918 VIP, dealership owner, Dan Gilbert , etc.). If they don't, then rad, this is the first allocation of a 992 GT3 RS stateside that was truly a dealership not charging ADM I've seen. I'd be shocked if it was given I haven't heard of any others, but again, that would be rad.
Old 05-10-2023, 09:37 PM
foot2pedal911
Advanced

Received 72 Likes on 19 Posts

sure but you get my question right? is your dealership generally charging ADMs??? If they are then this is an outlier (918 VIP, dealership owner, Dan Gilbert , etc.). If they don't, then rad, this is the first allocation of a 992 GT3 RS stateside that was truly a dealership not charging ADM I've seen. I'd be shocked if it was given I haven't heard of any others, but again, that would be rad.

This is a great dealership. First of the VIP cars that I know of. No ADM, really rad group of guys there.

Last edited by foot2pedal911; 05-10-2023 at 10:12 PM.
The following users liked this post:
CAGT3 (05-10-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 10:13 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

See post #1066. I went in today to fine tune some specs on my 3rs and instead I ended up swapping stories of built and modified diesel trucks, drag racing trucks, pros and cons of the TRX, recommendations to where to get certain things done at..... all with the GM. Then finished the visit off with lunch with the Sales manager who gave me all my allocations. All 3 highline units, and the relationship and shared passion to.push the limits of everything motorsports(not just Porsche) is what gave me my PTS 3RS slot. My Porsche staff is also close in age to myself and we all can easily relate and share stories all the way from having kids at early ages, to what anime, video games, or even stories of ex wife's.

I'm a small player in this game and truly appreciate the guys that have unlimited financial abilities to drop whatever is wanted, but as I told the sales manager today..... the price gougers, flippers, and "collectors"(aka people that let the machines rot to hell) ruin the opportunity for folks that don't only focus on the potential financial gain of a unit, but the performance and ability of the machine.

Case and point.... while we were eating lunch.... literally 11 people called the dealership to try and get a slot for the 718 Spyder RS.... all of which had no real dealings with the dealership. Then on the flip side I was at a Porsche launch event and shot the **** with another guy there. We got to talking and he asked "so how many cars did you have to get til you got your 4RS allocation". My response was my 992 Turbo S was my first allocation and only purchase from the dealer and I traded in my prior 992 Turbo S to them on execution of the deal. He said "what the hell, I have bought 12 cars from this dealer and I can't get a GT3 sooner than a year". I told him "the funny part was I didn't even ask for the slot, I was called by them and offered the 4rs spot".

I told the dealer about the conversation and he immediately knew who the guy was and told me the back reason which also included not trading in prior purchases to then or flipping to another dealer.

The point is it's not just about units, the amount of money someone has spent, or the price over sticker someone is willing to pay, it's about the brand. The exposure and experience that consumer has, the appreciation and experience for and with the staff, and most of all the human component to these things.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but the east and west coast really screw most their potential clients and alienate the good ones all in the name of ADM.

Allocations don't even exist and you have this as a prime example

The following 2 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
daveo4porsche (05-10-2023), thebishman (05-11-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 11:58 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

See post #1066. I went in today to fine tune some specs on my 3rs and instead I ended up swapping stories of built and modified diesel trucks, drag racing trucks, pros and cons of the TRX, recommendations to where to get certain things done at..... all with the GM. Then finished the visit off with lunch with the Sales manager who gave me all my allocations. All 3 highline units, and the relationship and shared passion to.push the limits of everything motorsports(not just Porsche) is what gave me my PTS 3RS slot. My Porsche staff is also close in age to myself and we all can easily relate and share stories all the way from having kids at early ages, to what anime, video games, or even stories of ex wife's.

I'm a small player in this game and truly appreciate the guys that have unlimited financial abilities to drop whatever is wanted, but as I told the sales manager today..... the price gougers, flippers, and "collectors"(aka people that let the machines rot to hell) ruin the opportunity for folks that don't only focus on the potential financial gain of a unit, but the performance and ability of the machine.

Case and point.... while we were eating lunch.... literally 11 people called the dealership to try and get a slot for the 718 Spyder RS.... all of which had no real dealings with the dealership. Then on the flip side I was at a Porsche launch event and shot the **** with another guy there. We got to talking and he asked "so how many cars did you have to get til you got your 4RS allocation". My response was my 992 Turbo S was my first allocation and only purchase from the dealer and I traded in my prior 992 Turbo S to them on execution of the deal. He said "what the hell, I have bought 12 cars from this dealer and I can't get a GT3 sooner than a year". I told him "the funny part was I didn't even ask for the slot, I was called by them and offered the 4rs spot".

I told the dealer about the conversation and he immediately knew who the guy was and told me the back reason which also included not trading in prior purchases to then or flipping to another dealer.

The point is it's not just about units, the amount of money someone has spent, or the price over sticker someone is willing to pay, it's about the brand. The exposure and experience that consumer has, the appreciation and experience for and with the staff, and most of all the human component to these things.

Sorry for the long winded reply, but the east and west coast really screw most their potential clients and alienate the good ones all in the name of ADM.

Allocations don't even exist and you have this as a prime example
Nice scumbag IG post by a big SoCal stealer. I wouldn't buy a bottle of water from them if I was dying of thirst. As I keep saying relationships matter as does connecting with people, hence why I fly out to see the GM, SM, and SA to thank them and break some Texas BBQ bread with them. Do I have to? No, but I enjoy it and it's the right thing to do.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Justaroofer (05-11-2023), WCGhost (05-20-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 12:59 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 344 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Nice scumbag IG post by a big SoCal stealer. I wouldn't buy a bottle of water from them if I was dying of thirst. As I keep saying relationships matter as does connecting with people, hence why I fly out to see the GM, SM, and SA to thank them and break some Texas BBQ bread with them. Do I have to? No, but I enjoy it and it's the right thing to do.
make car buying fun again
usctrojanGT3 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 01:01 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by L2_ONBOARD
make car buying fun again
Yeah, nothing better than seeing the guys that feed my Porsche addiction in person.

Last edited by usctrojanGT3; 05-11-2023 at 01:02 AM.
User 81423 (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 03:11 PM
joejenie
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by thuggo
Wait has the MR package even been developed or released yet?
OK, met with them. MR package is not released yet. I misunderstood. I don't have to buy the MR package. My ADM was a watch. haha. Feb build delivered in May/June next year so hopefully I can do a Euro delivery. The Euro delivery is what I was after more than the car itself. Luckily, I don't have to trade my GT3 in this time. I wanted to keep it because it's a manual. It's my daily. The 3RS will live in my track garage.
usctrojanGT3 (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 01:23 PM
Justaroofer
Banned

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, nothing better than seeing the guys that feed my Porsche addiction in person.
Went to Houston north to see my first in person one....

The following 6 users liked this post by Justaroofer:
BlazinPond (05-12-2023), FASTRKMAN (05-12-2023), foot2pedal911 (05-12-2023), mthreat (05-12-2023), Ukkid74 (05-12-2023), usctrojanGT3 (05-12-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)

Quick Reply: GT3RS Allocation Thread