Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2022, 09:29 PM
mattw1093
Intermediate

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Some data from today FWIW

From the Greater Seattle area (my home region): Bellevue is asking for $100K ADM. My Scottish ancestors won't let me do that, I can already feel them turning in their graves.

Aside: I finally built up enough of a rapport with Porsche Bellevue to go from "sorry, no allocations" to "we have 5 incoming allocations in a few weeks and there are only 3 people ahead of you." I've only bought one 911 Carerra from them but I think I finally got them to understand that I want the car and not to flip it. We're a Porsche family and I had a GT3 RS but not from them or even in this country.

Chatting with a broker friend in CA today and he reports that Niello Porsche of Sacramento is "only" asking for $50K ADM.

I'm curious if there appears to be somewhat of a downward trend on ADM. Likely wishful thinking.

Question for the gang: how much ADM would you be prepared to pay? I'm not sure what my answer to that is. If not a forever car, maybe I decide I want an RS again in the future, I plan on keeping it for the long haul. And with the EU getting harsher and harsher on ICE esp NA motors who knows how many more of this category of marque we will have access to for how much longer. Lots of 'what ifs' in that pondering. I appreciate exotic dealers may be able to command more than MSRP based on supply and demand. I could imagine going to $10K. Any higher? I'd find it hard to stomach. Wouldn't it be amazing if they sold for what Porsche priced them at!

Cheers,
MW
Old 02-04-2022, 10:12 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by mattw1093

From the Greater Seattle area (my home region): Bellevue is asking for $100K ADM. My Scottish ancestors won't let me do that, I can already feel them turning in their graves.

Aside: I finally built up enough of a rapport with Porsche Bellevue to go from "sorry, no allocations" to "we have 5 incoming allocations in a few weeks and there are only 3 people ahead of you." I've only bought one 911 Carerra from them but I think I finally got them to understand that I want the car and not to flip it. We're a Porsche family and I had a GT3 RS but not from them or even in this country.

Chatting with a broker friend in CA today and he reports that Niello Porsche of Sacramento is "only" asking for $50K ADM.

I'm curious if there appears to be somewhat of a downward trend on ADM. Likely wishful thinking.

Question for the gang: how much ADM would you be prepared to pay? I'm not sure what my answer to that is. If not a forever car, maybe I decide I want an RS again in the future, I plan on keeping it for the long haul. And with the EU getting harsher and harsher on ICE esp NA motors who knows how many more of this category of marque we will have access to for how much longer. Lots of 'what ifs' in that pondering. I appreciate exotic dealers may be able to command more than MSRP based on supply and demand. I could imagine going to $10K. Any higher? I'd find it hard to stomach. Wouldn't it be amazing if they sold for what Porsche priced them at!

Cheers,
MW
In the current environment, given that I have no history, and can’t buy time back, I think I could go up to $20k give or take $5k… but certainly NOT $100k, or even $50k. Even if I could “afford this”, the car is not worth that much to me and I’d rather invest this in track days or another BMW M that I could drive in the ground instead.

This is obviously a very personal choice.

Last edited by GTTROIS; 02-04-2022 at 10:13 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by GTTROIS:
BritinSF (02-04-2022), mattw1093 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 10:25 PM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I was offered $50,000 over - for a GT3 but that was still too much for me. I could see $25,000 as these cars will likely sell for at least that amount for awhile and I could stomach $25,000 if the value fell suddenly. But the problem is a lot of these guys paying over Msrp by $100,000 are only doing it because they think the value will never fall and they hope to make a profit. So there ownership is free. But if the stock market falters and interest rates rise and Porsche starts building more of these faster - dealers may have to cut the ADM substantially to sell new ones. Why pay $100,009 over for a used one already built by another guy instead of paying say $20,000 over and selecting the build yourself. Also porsche May just bump the hp in 2023 or change the interior- add some more vents/ larger wing?

then all these guys that stretched to buy a GT3 and planned to only make six months or a years payments and sell at a profit will throw their cars on the market- prices will fall. Also the “ have to have the best guys” will move onto the GT3-RS and if the GT4-RS makes it around the Ring faster than the GT3 — suddenly these guys want that car and are not happy looking at a GT3 in their garage.

My dealer that I bought two cars from last year/ GT4 and GTS Boxster, says to hang on and he will get me a GT3 at msrp later this year. So dealers will start selling them to best customers at msrp. They want my business as I buy several cars a year- and hated it when I bought my third car last year - Targa 4- from a dealer 100 miles away. So some guys will be paying msrp by year end and when I sell - I will happily take msrp which will bring the value down in the market. If your 85 and tons of money and Porsche demented and want one in your garage now- no time to waste at 85- pay cash. Why there are few of those guys - it is younger silly guys who need the ego boost and are buying crypto currency as well. They will run for the hills once they know dealers are moving down below $50,000 premiums for real. Personally I like building my own strange looking combinations- a used car should trade for $25,000 less just because I don’t get to build it and wait for it and watch the ship cross the globe.

The following 3 users liked this post by Targa32:
BritinSF (02-04-2022), jimjoe997 (02-04-2022), mattw1093 (02-04-2022)
Old 02-04-2022, 11:13 PM
johndong888
Track Day

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 60k

60k is the lowest I got right now. Anyone got anything lower? Let me know.

Also on the fence about just picking up a used 21 turbo instead lol
Old 02-05-2022, 08:27 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,641 Likes on 762 Posts

I have a Corvette Z06 coming one of these coming years at MSRP.. it will be cheaper then the $145K+ $15K I paid to have Euro Delivery in a GT4.

I’m paying that much, not because I love the car that much, but it’s a sure thing at the track. Everywhere you go, all shops know what to do and how to set them up. If it was a car of the lot I would not pay over sticker..

Its for me more about the experience and track hardened features of the cars, then the actual cars. I know the Euro Delivery drill, drive to nearest shop, pads, setup and clear bra and I can beat on the car without any issues going from track to track, there really isn’t anything you can beat on straight out of the factory that will have no problems.

Doing it 3x this summer, as long as the totalitarians in Germany allow it.
The following users liked this post:
phefner (02-05-2022)
Old 02-05-2022, 08:12 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,503 Likes on 963 Posts

Cheers,
MW
Your dealer already knows how many allocations they are getting in a few weeks?? Interesting. Is this true? If so, 5 allocations isn't too bad, at least it isn't 2.

As for ADM...I would pay $15k over, no higher. And you know what, if that PCCB stop order is underway, I'm paying $0k over.
The following users liked this post:
mattw1093 (02-06-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 12:33 AM
mattw1093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chance6
Your dealer already knows how many allocations they are getting in a few weeks?? Interesting. Is this true? If so, 5 allocations isn't too bad, at least it isn't 2.

As for ADM...I would pay $15k over, no higher. And you know what, if that PCCB stop order is underway, I'm paying $0k over.
🤷🏼‍♂️ that's what they said. A fair bit of money around Seattle, perhaps that skews it higher allocation-wise?

I could get behind $15k as long as delivery wasn't extremely long. The only reason I'd pay any ADM is a time value of money thing. And getting my hands on a car that ticks so many boxes for me. Bloody double-wishbone 😍

But I look at that $15k then I look at the IWC PILOTS watch Top Gun Mojave Desert edition and start to question my choices....
Old 02-07-2022, 02:21 AM
Frank Underwood
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

New 992.2 is supposed to NA or something?

just wait a little bit the 992.1 gt3 touring will look dated like every car does after awhile.

It’s just a car, stop watching Henry Catchpole gt3 videos, go outside, be happy for your health and make friends you’ll find your interest in paying adm goes away pretty fast.
Old 02-07-2022, 05:38 PM
mattw1093
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Frank Underwood
New 992.2 is supposed to NA or something?

just wait a little bit the 992.1 gt3 touring will look dated like every car does after awhile.

It’s just a car, stop watching Henry Catchpole gt3 videos, go outside, be happy for your health and make friends you’ll find your interest in paying adm goes away pretty fast.
agreed, over-focus on these things can result in tunnel vision and bad decisions

yeah there are spy shots / hypothesis that NA is coming back

https://www.motor1.com/news/564934/p...-facelift-spy/
Old 02-07-2022, 05:42 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 919 Posts

agreed, over-focus on these things can result in tunnel vision and bad decisions

yeah there are spy shots / hypothesis that NA is coming back

https://www.motor1.com/news/564934/p...-facelift-spy/
N/A + electric (small one with Porsche magic) = No one will remember the 992.1
Old 02-07-2022, 06:00 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
N/A + electric (small one with Porsche magic) = No one will remember the 992.1
I doubt Porsche will be able to mate the manual gearbox with any kind of hybridization due to the torque. The last manual NA car will certainly be remembered.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:05 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,653 Likes on 919 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
I doubt Porsche will be able to mate the manual gearbox with any kind of hybridization due to the torque. The last manual NA car will certainly be remembered.
Uh? Not that Porsche cant build a transmission that can handle the torque, but Tremec will gladly sell Porsche a manual transmission that can handle that torque, and some more. C7 ZR1's manual can handle 715 ft lbs of torque. It actually can handle 900 ft lbs - thats as much torque as GT2RS and GT3 combined. Oh and it will cost as much as the wheels cost on a GT3 and is a much better transmission overall

Last edited by 3-Pedals; 02-07-2022 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-07-2022, 06:26 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 2,942 Likes on 1,352 Posts

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals
Uh? Not that Porsche cant build a transmission that can handle the torque, but Tremec will gladly sell Porsche a manual transmission that can handle that torque, and some more. C7 ZR1's manual can handle 715 ft lbs of torque. It actually can handle 900 ft lbs - thats as much torque as GT2RS and GT3 combined. Oh and it will cost as much as the wheels cost on a GT3 and is a much better transmission overall
Are you aware of any vehicle on the planet with a hybrid power plant and manual transmission? I’m not
Old 02-07-2022, 06:38 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,097 Likes on 1,010 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
Are you aware of any vehicle on the planet with a hybrid power plant and manual transmission? I’m not
‘Come on man this

The following 4 users liked this post by Maverick787:
mattw1093 (02-07-2022), MrCynical (02-07-2022), PTS (02-07-2022), r0b (02-07-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 01:48 PM
sacguy71
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Porsche cars are luxury goods so always in demand and there will always be someone willing to pay too much for a P car. I will wait this one out a few years. Hopefully in few years the supply issue is resolved and I can buy my new 911 Carrera S. No need for turbo or the rare GT3.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM