Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2023, 12:14 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
I think we all know it's a bit more gray rather a than as black and white as you make it out to be.

A volume repeat customer that has a GT car purchasing history may get MSRP at the same dealer that a first time purchaser may have to pay ADM.
I agree with you as it's not reasonable for a new Porsche customer to get a GT car at MSRP but what I have problem with is where dealers don't take care of their repeat customers and effectively have them pay the same or similar ADM as the newbie guy. Take care of your good customers is all that I'm saying.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:18 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I agree with you as it's not reasonable for a new Porsche customer to get a GT car at MSRP but what I have problem with is where dealers don't take care of their repeat customers and effectively have them pay the same or similar ADM as the newbie guy. Take care of your good customers is all that I'm saying.
Ultimately, it’s a business decision. If my dealer stops selling me the cars at MRSP, I’ll rethink where I’m going to buy, sell, and service cars, but won’t take it personally. Dealers are often friendly, but they’re not trying to be our friends.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:18 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
You have an axe to grind with PNH? CJ has provided some great info to forum members over the years and has never pumped himself up from what I've seen.
His shared info has also helped many, including myself in getting into a GT car.

So what's your damage man? Even after the timeout, you're still the antagonist...
He likes trying to bash PNH because of how I praise them for being an MSRP dealer to their good customers. Nothing more than haterade. He's posting up by they are listing used GT at prices above ADMs but all dealers are doing that, including CJ. I hope he pulls it back a bit because another timeout may be in his future.
The following users liked this post:
RealityGT (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 12:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
Let's be clear... ADM is when dealerships markup brand new cars above MSRP. Used cars priced above MSRP is just market pricing... we don't know what the dealer paid to obtain their used cars.
Amen brother but I suspect that dealers pay 10-20% below what they initially list their inventory for sale from my knowledge.
DodoBrd (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 12:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Yep, and sometimes dealers overpay for a used car and take a loss in selling it.
The ones that lose money are the ones that become speculators in the used car market.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:28 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

How about if we give DD some breathing room? Upon his return, I feel like he’s being attacked more than he’s attacking. If we were all hanging out in person, we’d all get along.
Old 07-26-2023, 12:54 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 327 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
I
What does he have to do with Porsche of North Houston?
I am wondering the same thing....as far as I know, CJ has NOTHING to do with PNH
Old 07-26-2023, 01:14 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

How about if we give DD some breathing room? Upon his return, I feel like he’s being attacked more than he’s attacking. If we were all hanging out in person, we’d all get along.
Thank You.

Let's be honest for a moment here. Since I've been back posting from a 30-day suspension which I was never warned or informed as to what post specifically violated the posting "guidelines" set forth by RL, I havent attacked anyone. And it's been pretty obvious that I've been trolled pretty hard here in the last week.
You'd have to be "blind" not to see that.

For the record, I've never called anyone "stupid" or a "moron" for paying an ADM (like another poster here). I've never called any dealer a "stealership" on this forum either (like another poster repeatedly has). And I've never disclosed my private message history here (as two other posters did last month) which according to the RL Posting Guidelines (September 2020) is "strictly forbidden and will result in a ban of indeterminate duration."

To my knowledge, these 2 posters were not banned and in fact were "trolling" me pretty hard last week as soon as they found out that my 30-day suspension was over. In fact, one of them has posted about me 8x out of their last 12 posts, after having previously remarking that they've "posted like 2 times in the past 3 weeks and none have been about you. Sorry bud. You aren't that popular." The other repeatedly posts that RL has gone "downhill" and just plain seems angry all the time, repeatedly lashing out at other fellow posters, and not just me.

And as opposed to others in this thread, I've certainly not "tripped" over how other people choose to spend their money or whether their GT car is a garage queen or gets hammered at the track. Those are highly judgemental opinions that (to me) have no place on a "TECHNICAL DISCUSSION" forum as this one has been promoted. And for those that have suggested that I try and catch up to their "mileage" and watch them do a "parade" lap at Laguna Seca during Rennsport Reunion #7, I seriously question if they'd make the same comment to fellow RL community member, treynor who I'm actually acquainted with.

And now, after posting a used GT car data-point in an ADM Thread that was a reply to a poster quoting a previous post of mine about the used GT car market . . . a poster claims that I have an "axe to grind" with Porsche of North Houston and in truly bizarre fashion brings up CJ Wilson implying that I'm attacking him???

Sorry, but I dont get it.

There's one helluva "double-standard" at work here. "Rodsky" has mentioned it on more than one occasion on this thread.

This doesnt seem like much of a brotherly GT car community to me.
I've got better things to do with my free time.

Take care folks.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 07-26-2023 at 11:30 PM.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:15 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

I have no idea what you're talking about.
This is an ADM thread and I posted a data-point for a used GT car.

I simply replied to the previous poster who quoted a post of mine and had mentioned a Gentian Blue GT3 at PNH.
I have never once called any dealer here a stealership as other posters have repeatedly done.

I'm friendly with CJ Wilson.
What does he have to do with Porsche of North Houston?
My apologies I mistook PNH as CJ's..
But you certainly have an issue with PNH.. considering you paid an ADM, it's strange..
Old 07-26-2023, 01:19 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 251 Likes on 148 Posts

keyboardism goes away when face to face.
usctrojanGT3 (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 01:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Thank You.

Let's be honest for a moment here. Since I've been back posting from a 30-day suspension which I was never informed as to what post specifically violated the posting "guidelines" set forth by RL, I havent attacked anyone. And it's been pretty obvious that I've been trolled pretty hard here in the last week.
You'd have to be "blind" not to see that.

For the record, I've never called anyone "stupid" or a "moron" for paying an ADM (like another poster here). I've never called any dealer a "stealership" on this forum either (like another poster repeatedly has). And I've never disclosed my private message history here (as two other posters did last month) which according to the RL Posting Guidelines (September 2020) is "strictly forbidden and will result in a ban of indeterminate duration."

To my knowledge, these 2 posters were not banned and in fact were "trolling" me pretty hard last week as soon as they found out that my 30-day suspension was over. In fact, one of them has posted about me 8x out of their last 12 posts, after having previously remarking that they've "posted like 2 times in the past 3 weeks and none have been about you. Sorry bud. You aren't that popular." The other repeatedly posts that RL has gone "downhill" and just plain seems angry all the time, repeatedly lashing out at other fellow posters, and not just me.

And as opposed to others in this thread, I've certainly not "tripped" over how other people choose to spend their money or whether their GT car is a garage queen or gets hammered at the track. Those are highly judgemental opinions that (to me) have no place on a "TECHNICAL DISCUSSION" forum as this one has been promoted. And for those that have suggested that I try and catch up to their "mileage" and watch them do a "parade" lap at Laguna Seca during Rennsport Reunion #7, I seriously question if they'd make the same comment to fellow RL community member, treynor who I'm actually acquainted with.

And now, after posting a used GT car data-point in an ADM Thread that was a reply to a poster quoting a previous post of mine about the used GT car market . . . a poster claims that I have an "axe to grind" with Porsche of North Houston and in truly bizarre fashion brings up CJ Wilson implying that I'm attacking him???

Sorry, but I dont get it.
I've got better things to do with my free time.
Take care folks.
You must be blind because you personally attacked me, and a few other members including Manifold, and I reported you several times for your out of line posts. You clearly come across as being bitter and resentful with your posts when people talk about getting their cars at MSRP. Funny how you were giving him **** that he was full of it that he'd ever get a GT at MSRP and low and behold he did. Stop while you are behind and go drive your car since the torrential rains are over.
The following 2 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
RealityGT (07-26-2023), Robb M. (08-02-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 01:31 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RealityGT
keyboardism goes away when face to face.
It can even go away through the keyboard when communicating privately one on one in a friendly manner, outside the glare of public attention. It's in the nature of these forums that they sometimes bring out the worst in people. Social media has its perils.
IRunalot (07-27-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 01:37 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
You must be blind because you personally attacked me, and a few other members including Manifold, and I reported you several times for your out of line posts. You clearly come across as being bitter and resentful with your posts when people talk about getting their cars at MSRP. Funny how you were giving him **** that he was full of it that he'd ever get a GT at MSRP and low and behold he did. Stop while you are behind and go drive your car since the torrential rains are over.
Since my name was invoked, I think DD won't mind my sharing that he and I communicated via PM and readily agreed to be polite with each other in the threads going forward; I'm totally good with burying the past. You all can see the result of that communication. I encourage others who have friction to similarly communicate via PM and agree to a fresh start (USC and DD, I'm looking at you two in particular).
Peruna (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023, 01:44 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Since my name was invoked, I think DD won't mind my sharing that he and I communicated via PM and readily agreed to be polite with each other in the threads going forward; I'm totally good with burying the past. You all can see the result of that communication. I encourage others who have friction to similarly communicate via PM and agree to a fresh start (USC and DD, I'm looking at you two in particular).
I'm glad that you guys are good now but his posts attacking you were not cool. I'm fine with moving on but he keeps poking the bear with the PNH jabs because those posts are clearly aimed at me.
Old 07-26-2023, 01:47 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Thank You Sir.
Your reaching out was genuinely appreciated.
You're gonna love your new 992 GT3.
The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
Manifold (07-26-2023), maroli (07-27-2023), RUF RS (07-27-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM