992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2023 | 01:49 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm glad that you guys are good now but his posts attacking you were not cool. I'm fine with moving on but he keeps poking the bear with the PNH jabs because those posts are clearly aimed at me.
Again, forget the past and agree to move forward in a positive way. We're diminished if we hold grudges about communications in an internet forum. We're all better than that.
Old 07-26-2023 | 01:54 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Everyone should not take these things so seriously.

It's only cars we're talking about.

Expensive cars perhaps, but just cars.

It ain't going to make or break any of us.
The following 6 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
993RR (07-26-2023), carcommander (07-26-2023), IRunalot (07-27-2023), revolve77 (07-26-2023), Spike Spiegel (09-24-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-26-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-26-2023 | 01:57 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Since my name was invoked, I think DD won't mind my sharing that he and I communicated via PM and readily agreed to be polite with each other in the threads going forward; I'm totally good with burying the past. You all can see the result of that communication. I encourage others who have friction to similarly communicate via PM and agree to a fresh start (USC and DD, I'm looking at you two in particular).
Love it - I personally think all badgering and personal insults should stop - from all angles. Its tiring. You wanna pay an ADM - pay one. You don't want to - that's also cool. You wanna track your car (or not) - track it or don't. You wanna drive it 5 miles or 500 miles a week - bless you. This thread should be about the market conditions - supply and demand that affects the pricing of new or near new 992 GT cars.

The following 6 users liked this post by rodsky:
IRunalot (07-27-2023), Manifold (07-26-2023), mcsmcs1 (07-28-2023), Peruna (07-26-2023), RealityGT (07-26-2023), Robb M. (08-02-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:03 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Everyone should not take these things so seriously.

It's only cars we're talking about.

Expensive cars perhaps, but just cars.

It ain't going to make or break any of us.
Really, we talk directly and indirectly about a lot more than just cars, which is why things are often taken personally. If it was just about cars, 90%+ of the RL traffic would go away. But you're right that we shouldn't take any of it too seriously and get upset, because our posts don't reflect how we would and do interact in real life.
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:08 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LISsailor
As a casual observer of this thread (and GT3 Dreamer). I put myself on a list about a month ago. Dealer said they sell for $40k markup + Second Maintenance AND $7k paint protection. Salesman said "we might get lucky" as I was 7th on the list. I said I was happy to wait for a later allocation closer to MSRP (I knew this is a longshot but said I have a decent trade).
This was an MSRP dealer in the past that is now under new ownership. Thought this data point would be helpful to anyone reading this thread.
Sorry to hear that your MSRP turned to the dark side due to greed.
Originally Posted by PTS
Dude. They're a dealership, a business. It's not greedy to try and make a slightly larger profit
I get that but they used to be an MSRP dealer and now they are trying to get ADMs from their good customers. How'd you feel if that ST allocation that you are counting on comes in and PNH tells you add a $100k+ ADM? I doubt that you would be happy.
Originally Posted by PTS
They never told him he had an MSRP allocation...and how are you assuming he's a "good customer"?
Unfortunately you are wrong based on what he said below...

"This was an MSRP dealer in the past that is now under new ownership. Thought this data point would be helpful to anyone reading this thread."

Like he said, owner changed and they went from being an MSRP dealer to a non-MSRP dealer based upon an ownership change. But hey, here's in this thread so he can provide more clarity.
You are in every single thread in this subforum as the "enforcer" of opinion. Read again what he said.

"Dealer said they sell for $40k markup + Second Maintenance AND $7k paint protection. Salesman said "we might get lucky" as I was 7th on the list. I said I was happy to wait for a later allocation closer to MSRP (I knew this is a longshot but said I have a decent trade)."

They told him $40k ADM from the start. They didn't offer him MSRP then surprise him with an ADM as you seem to suggest. The fact that they were an MSRP dealer prior to his getting on the list is not relevant at all.

You were wrong. Take a breath. You don't have to insert yourself into every single situation in every single thread.
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:08 PM
dogshyne
Instructor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Why do I not feel sorry for you.

I see a lot of keyboard warriors talking trash but when the moderators are doing it I think its way out of line.

The following users liked this post:
Diablo Dude (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:17 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dogshyne
I see a lot of keyboard warriors talking trash but when the moderators are doing it I think its way out of line.
Having been a moderator myself in other forums, I'll just say, from experience, that moderators need to go out of their way to set a good example and come across as being fair and reasonable. It's a constraining and often thankless job. There were once some moderators on RL who were absolutely horrid, and thank goodness they're all gone.
Randy M (08-02-2023)
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:19 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

We just need a nice Mare Island beer + Texas BBQ and a pic of USC and DD at RR7
The following 3 users liked this post by DodoBrd:
Manifold (07-26-2023), Peruna (07-26-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
You are in every single thread in this subforum as the "enforcer" of opinion. Read again what he said.

"Dealer said they sell for $40k markup + Second Maintenance AND $7k paint protection. Salesman said "we might get lucky" as I was 7th on the list. I said I was happy to wait for a later allocation closer to MSRP (I knew this is a longshot but said I have a decent trade)."

They told him $40k ADM from the start. They didn't offer him MSRP then surprise him with an ADM as you seem to suggest. The fact that they were an MSRP dealer prior to his getting on the list is not relevant at all.

You were wrong. Take a breath. You don't have to insert yourself into every single situation in every single thread.
I never said they offered him a GT at MSRP, he stated that the dealership was an MSRP dealer and after new ownership that changed and I said that sucks. Btw, do you own a dealership?

This is a public forum with free speech and I'm stating my opinions. Can we agree to disagree? I know that not everyone is going to agree with my opinions/posts and I'm cool with that, don't take this forum so serious.
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:22 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
We just need a nice Mare Island beer + Texas BBQ and a pic of USC and DD at RR7
Only if DD has some Texas BBQ with that beer.
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:25 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Only if DD has some Texas BBQ with that beer.
Aren't you guys both in California? Meet up somewhere and hug it out, you'll both feel better.
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Aren't you guys both in California? Meet up somewhere and hug it out, you'll both feel better.
I'll be at Rennsport so I'm happy to buy him a beer when I'm up there. He lives in Northern California and I go between Southern California and Las Vegas.
Manifold (07-26-2023)
Old 07-26-2023 | 02:46 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

I never said they offered him a GT at MSRP, he stated that the dealership was an MSRP dealer and after new ownership that changed and I said that sucks. Btw, do you own a dealership?
You called a dealership greedy for having a moderate ADM on a car that’s in line with the market. I responded that they were a business, and in the business to make money. That is all. You have made it your mission in here to call every dealership a stealership that does not offer MSRP cars. It’s odd. We can agree on that.
The following 2 users liked this post by PTS:
85Gold (07-27-2023), Robb M. (08-02-2023)
Old 07-26-2023 | 03:56 PM
Yargk
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS
You called a dealership greedy for having a moderate ADM on a car that’s in line with the market. I responded that they were a business, and in the business to make money. That is all. You have made it your mission in here to call every dealership a stealership that does not offer MSRP cars. It’s odd. We can agree on that.
I think that's the point. We don't accept that being a business that makes money means that ADMs are reasonable.
There are many retailers that sell manufactured consumer products at MSRP, no matter how big demand is and how low supply is, and still make a tidy profit. There are many reasons they that they do so and those reasons have to do with making money in the long run. That is, giving customers a consistent buying experience so they keep coming back.
In some countries, ADMs are banned, and the car manufacturers certainly hate ADMs because they turn buyers away, instead of encouraging them to wait for more supply. It's bad for Porsche and it's bad for the consumer. We only have it at all because we have an odd system where dealers aren't owned by Porsche and aren't regulated enough.
Old 07-26-2023 | 04:05 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Yargk
I think that's the point. We don't accept that being a business that makes money means that ADMs are reasonable.
There are many retailers that sell manufactured consumer products at MSRP, no matter how big demand is and how low supply is, and still make a tidy profit. There are many reasons they that they do so and those reasons have to do with making money in the long run. That is, giving customers a consistent buying experience so they keep coming back.
In some countries, ADMs are banned, and the car manufacturers certainly hate ADMs because they turn buyers away, instead of encouraging them to wait for more supply. It's bad for Porsche and it's bad for the consumer. We only have it at all because we have an odd system where dealers aren't owned by Porsche and aren't regulated enough.
The beauty of it is you don't have to buy the car if you do not accept it.

By contrast, look at Ferrari. No ADMs but you are placed in a queue, and usually a very long one. You might get the car at MSRP but 2-3 years after you want it, which some can accept but many will not. Some would choose to pay over sticker to not have to wait 2-3 years, while some have the patience. The existence of ADMs in Porsche stores in the US allows some to skip the wait time if they're willing to pay. Many here waited for an MSRP GT3 and got it, but that takes a lot of patience that many car enthusiasts do not have...I don't like ADMs but understand why they exist.
The following 3 users liked this post by PTS:
revolve77 (07-26-2023), saksride (07-27-2023), Spike Spiegel (09-24-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM