Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2023, 03:35 PM
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Azzurri GT3
My dealer has an allocation and I think he said 100k? Could be less tho
Appreciate that. That's what I'm being quoted too – down from 125. Is that really the going rate? Have any sold publicly yet? Feels heavy...
Old 07-24-2023, 03:53 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,698 Likes on 5,115 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I'm sure that's a factor, but the 991 cars are also a big step up on several metrics compared to the 997 cars. Aside from the engine issue, I think Porsche really knocked it out of the park with the 991.1 GT3 (hence my keeping mine for 8 years, and parting with it reluctantly).
Have you ever driven a 996 GT3?

I ask because that's the only way to know if the 997 generation was (or was not) a big step up from the 996 to make the statement that "Porsche really knocked it out of the park with the 991.1 GT3."

Yes, no doubt the 991 GT3 was a step up from the 997 generation.

But was it any bigger of a step up than the difference from the 996 to 997?
Old 07-24-2023, 04:14 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Have you ever driven a 996 GT3?

I ask because that's the only way to know if the 997 generation was (or was not) a big step up from the 996 to make the statement that "Porsche really knocked it out of the park with the 991.1 GT3."

Yes, no doubt the 991 GT3 was a step up from the 997 generation.

But was it any bigger of a step up than the difference from the 996 to 997?
Yes, I've driven a couple 996 GT3 on road and track, really liked them. I perceive the gap between 996 vs 997 as being a lot smaller than 997 vs 991.

Almost bought the 996 GT3 for a pretty low price, but somehow talked myself out of it.
Old 07-24-2023, 04:17 PM
bpeacock
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 352 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by 676608
Does anyone have a read on Dakar ADM? I've seen that the first batch has landed...a dealer has offered me one but heavy ADM. Any guidance on what I should expect?

Thank you!
I've had them in the 50-60k over MSRP range
(813) 838-8758
The following 2 users liked this post by bpeacock:
AlexCeres (07-24-2023), PorscheLover1963 (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 09:20 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Received 194 Likes on 87 Posts

As a casual observer of this thread (and GT3 Dreamer). I put myself on a list about a month ago. Dealer said they sell for $40k markup + Second Maintenance AND $7k paint protection. Salesman said "we might get lucky" as I was 7th on the list. I said I was happy to wait for a later allocation closer to MSRP (I knew this is a longshot but said I have a decent trade).

Fast forward to last week I get the call on a Touring. All 6 people ahead of me had apparently passed because no PTS or Euro Delivery. I thought that was surprising. I did indicated my interest but did not reply to the follow up ADM reminder.

Today he emails me AGAIN but with a built spec sheet that locked 2 days ago. It seems the PTS and Euro delivery was a bluff. Apparently no one was biting on their asking price and they built it for themselves instead of negotiating. It is a real shame.

After today's subsequent email I stated that they could retain my deposit in the event things change on their end. I'll keep driving my 718 Spyder in the meantime.

This was an MSRP dealer in the past that is now under new ownership. Thought this data point would be helpful to anyone reading this thread.

Last edited by LISsailor; 07-24-2023 at 09:26 PM.
The following 5 users liked this post by LISsailor:
DanHalen (07-25-2023), IRunalot (07-25-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-24-2023), wageslave (07-25-2023), welikethetrack (07-27-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 09:47 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

Originally Posted by LISsailor
As a casual observer of this thread (and GT3 Dreamer). I put myself on a list about a month ago. Dealer said they sell for $40k markup + Second Maintenance AND $7k paint protection. Salesman said "we might get lucky" as I was 7th on the list. I said I was happy to wait for a later allocation closer to MSRP (I knew this is a longshot but said I have a decent trade).

Fast forward to last week I get the call on a Touring. All 6 people ahead of me had apparently passed because no PTS or Euro Delivery. I thought that was surprising. I did indicated my interest but did not reply to the follow up ADM reminder.

Today he emails me AGAIN but with a built spec sheet that locked 2 days ago. It seems the PTS and Euro delivery was a bluff. Apparently no one was biting on their asking price and they built it for themselves instead of negotiating. It is a real shame.

After today's subsequent email I stated that they could retain my deposit in the event things change on their end. I'll keep driving my 718 Spyder in the meantime.

This was an MSRP dealer in the past that is now under new ownership. Thought this data point would be helpful to anyone reading this thread.
Sorry to hear that your MSRP turned to the dark side due to greed.
Old 07-24-2023, 09:49 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Sorry to hear that your MSRP turned to the dark side due to greed.
The market price is the market price. But it seems there are less people willing to go to $50k over. I'm not sad about it.
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023, 11:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,005 Likes on 2,283 Posts

The market price is the market price. But it seems there are less people willing to go to $50k over. I'm not sad about it.
Yeah as time goes one all the ones that are willing to high the highest mark ups will be first ones to pay them and then there will be less and less left that are willing to pay high ADMs. Plus add that the GT3/Touring is not the new shiny toy anymore, it's the GT3RS right now and next year it'll be the ST.
Old 07-25-2023, 09:53 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,342 Likes on 2,474 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah as time goes one all the ones that are willing to high the highest mark ups will be first ones to pay them and then there will be less and less left that are willing to pay high ADMs. Plus add that the GT3/Touring is not the new shiny toy anymore, it's the GT3RS right now and next year it'll be the ST.
Though, I think there are (at least) two things going on:

- Those who really want the car will outbid others and get the car first, so, over time, the ADM should come down

- When the allocations are almost gone, those who wanted the car and feel they missed out may grab this 'last chance' and get the car by paying a higher ADM than they were willing to pay initially

But I agree with 992.2 GT3/RS on the horizon and likely better cars in some ways than the 992.1, it doesn't really make sense to overpay for a 992.1. And since the 992 cars are and feel bigger and more digital than the 991 cars, I think there's increasing appreciation for the 991 cars also.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
fijibubba (07-26-2023), usctrojanGT3 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 11:24 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,236 Likes on 1,255 Posts

Touring allocations are pretty rare. When you showed interest in a Touring one month ago did you tell your sales rep that you were interested in an allocation that you could build to your spec?
Were you unaware that you were on a list for a pre-built car?
Was this Porsche of Fairfield?
Old 07-25-2023, 11:54 AM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Touring allocations are pretty rare. When you showed interest in a Touring one month ago did you tell your sales rep that you were interested in an allocation that you could build to your spec?
Were you unaware that you were on a list for a pre-built car?
Was this Porsche of Fairfield?
I sent my build in with the assumption I could spec a car. I believe I even stated that I would want to pick options if I am to spend $200k+. The most eye-opening thing was this was assumed to be a long wait and all transpired in 30days.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:08 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

I sent my build in with the assumption I could spec a car. I believe I even stated that I would want to pick options if I am to spend $200k+. The most eye-opening thing was this was assumed to be a long wait and all transpired in 30days.
It's quite possible that the GM built this car and his sales staff weren't aware of it in the system until he made them aware of it at the last minute because it was a "bonus" allocation that finally showed up. It's also possible that the dealer traded other cars for this Touring on an intra-dealer platform that Porsche has. Lots of things can happen that you may or may not be aware of if you've had a "casual" relationship with this dealer. Nothing is really set in stone until a dealer takes your ADM payment in the form of a deposit and your status is V200. Until then, you are essentially at the whim of how good your relationship is with your sales rep and your purchase history with them.

It's not necessarily a super transparent process in that you dont have a lot of control over the situation.
But I've been driving Porsches since 1990 and I believe it really does come down to how good your relationship is with your sales rep.

In fact, my first Porsche (964) was serviced at Porsche of Fairfield when I lived back in NYC. Spent many a Friday night driving 180 miles up to Newport, Rhode Island
Loved Route 138 East into the Jamestown and Newport bridges! Had a vacation place up there for a number of years and did a lot of windsurfing up there. Also hung out with IMSA GTP driver Jay Cochran who won Road Atlanta one year in a Ferrari 333SP that he drove by himself and never had a driver change. He was part of the Phipp's Family out of Old Westbury, Long Island.

One of the greatest places I've ever experienced. Lots of interesting people and unparalleled beauty.
I definitely miss it!

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 07-25-2023 at 12:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2023, 12:10 PM
LISsailor
Rennlist Member

It's quite possible that the GM built this car and his sales staff weren't aware of it in the system until he made them aware of it at the last minute because it was a "bonus" allocation that finally showed up. It's also possible that the dealer traded other cars for this Touring on an intra-dealer platform that Porsche has. Lots of things can happen that you may or may not be aware of if you've had a "casual" relationship with this dealer. Nothing is really set in stone until a dealer takes your ADM payment in the form of a deposit and your status is V200. Until then, you are essentially at the whim of how good your relationship is with your sales rep and your purchase history with them.
Point taken and that's why there are no hard feelings on my part.
Diablo Dude (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 01:46 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

This should get interesting in about an hour.
Voodoo Blue with no reserve. Fantastic spec, although I'm not a fan of the orange stitching.
Looks like CJ is a bidder.

$237,000 MSRP

No Reserve: Voodoo Blue 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 Touring 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending July 25 (Lot #114,528) | Bring a Trailer

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 07-25-2023 at 02:23 PM.
revolve77 (07-25-2023)
Old 07-25-2023, 02:38 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 918 Likes on 444 Posts

This should get interesting in about an hour.
Voodoo Blue with no reserve. Fantastic spec, although I'm not a fan of the orange stitching.
Looks like CJ is a bidder.

$237,000 MSRP

No Reserve: Voodoo Blue 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 Touring 6-Speed for sale on BaT Auctions - ending July 25 (Lot #114,528) | Bring a Trailer
orange stitching? Wtf

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM