Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Was never a "ban" in the first place.
More fake news.

Sorry, but I don't understand.

The Private Message from the Moderators says:
"Please Note
You have been banned for the following reason:
Date the ban will be lifted:..."

In what way was your forced forum banishment not a "ban"?
The following users liked this post:
WCGhost (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023 | 01:03 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by wingless
Sorry, but I don't understand.

The Private Message from the Moderators says:
"Please Note
You have been banned for the following reason:
Date the ban will be lifted:..."

In what way was your forced forum banishment not a "ban"?
"See you in a month" suggests a suspension. Not an outright ban.

Interestingly enough (as you can see) there was no reason given. A specific post was never brought to my attention. Nor was I ever given a direct "warning" on the board, or via private message.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Old 07-23-2023 | 01:47 PM
wingless
analyst
Rennlist Member

Sure, in very old English banishment would imply a permanent duration, however for many, many decades banishment goes hand-in-hand w/ either an implied or specific defined duration. Yes, in this instance your fixed duration banishment was equivalent to a suspension.
Old 07-23-2023 | 01:49 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

"See you in a month" suggests a suspension. Not an outright ban.

Interestingly enough (as you can see) there was no reason given. A specific post was never brought to my attention. Nor was I ever given a direct "warning" on the board, or via private message.

Hope this helps answer your question.
You know why you got banned, several people reported you to the moderators for your posts.
WCGhost (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023 | 03:39 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Only because the law of large numbers, I'm fairly confident that Porsche makes more total dollar profit on a GT3/Touring then any other not GT car. Part of that comes from guys spending $$$ on CXX and option expensive options. Take me for example, I spent approx. 40% of the MSRP price on options for both my Touring and GT4RS.
No, that's incorrect.

That example you give is just for you.

I don't have the numbers, but I would imagine TT/TTS owners may spend more on options and CXX options than all other 911 models, and maybe all Porsche models with the exception of the Panamera.

But on pure MSRP basis, the GT cars have the lowest margins of any 911 model.
The following 6 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (07-23-2023), av12345 (07-23-2023), Diablo Dude (07-23-2023), EMdoc (07-24-2023), revolve77 (07-24-2023), smiles11 (07-23-2023) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 07-23-2023 | 05:21 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
No, that's incorrect.

That example you give is just for you.

I don't have the numbers, but I would imagine TT/TTS owners may spend more on options and CXX options than all other 911 models, and maybe all Porsche models with the exception of the Panamera.

But on pure MSRP basis, the GT cars have the lowest margins of any 911 model.
Then why wouldn't Porsche then start pumping out more TT/TTS and cut back on GT cars? I mean if the demand for TT/TTS cars is there just cut back on the GT cars and pump out more of the TT/TTS cars.
Old 07-23-2023 | 06:23 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Then why wouldn't Porsche then start pumping out more TT/TTS and cut back on GT cars? I mean if the demand for TT/TTS cars is there just cut back on the GT cars and pump out more of the TT/TTS cars.
TT/TTS are expensive as Porsches go, and not as sport-focused as the GT/GTS cars, so I think demand for them isn't as high as some other 911 models.
Old 07-23-2023 | 06:27 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
TT/TTS are expensive as Porsches go, and not as sport-focused as the GT/GTS cars, so I think demand for them isn't as high as some other 911 models.
But the demand for 992 TT/TTS is probably outpacing supply so if Porsche has the highest margins with TT/TTS cars then they should move capacity to building more TT/TTS cars versus GT cars. Porsche is a profit maximizing company after all.
Old 07-23-2023 | 08:10 PM
993TurboS
Rennlist Member

This thread is terrible. It began being relevant again for a couple of weeks, and now it is worse than useless. I'll check back in a couple of weeks and hope it will have changed.
The following 2 users liked this post by 993TurboS:
jfr0317 (07-23-2023), WCGhost (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023 | 08:28 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Yes, that's correct.

But the demand for 992 TT/TTS is probably outpacing supply so if Porsche has the highest margins with TT/TTS cars then they should move capacity to building more TT/TTS cars versus GT cars. Porsche is a profit maximizing company after all.
Because Porsche does not sell enough TT/TTS -- on an aggregate basis -- to shift more of the production line to the Turbo and Turbo S models. As an example, while a Macan may have a lower margin, Porsche sells more Macans than TT/TTS which means on the aggregate it makes more sense to make more Macans than TT/TTS.

It's an opportunity cost analysis which, as you say, as a public company (or really any company) takes very serious.

Let's be honest here, hoi polloi don't really see Porsches as a quarter million dollar car, which is what a typical TT/TTS will cost (MSRP, to say nothing of ADMs). Heck, most of us have said the same thing about an RS after you factor in the ADM.

The public perception of a Porsche is at around 100 to maybe 125k, regardless of trim level (as most people couldn't tell you the difference between a C2S or a Touring or GTS or a Sport Classic).

At around 225k to 250k, there just aren't that many buyers of Porsche vehicles. That demographic is primarily looking at Astons, Ferraris (Roma), Bentleys, etc, which like it or not, perception-wise is just a notch above Porsche.
AlexCeres (07-24-2023)
Old 07-23-2023 | 08:54 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Yes, that's correct.

Because Porsche does not sell enough TT/TTS -- on an aggregate basis -- to shift more of the production line to the Turbo and Turbo S models. As an example, while a Macan may have a lower margin, Porsche sells more Macans than TT/TTS which means on the aggregate it makes more sense to make more Macans than TT/TTS.

It's an opportunity cost analysis which, as you say, as a public company (or really any company) takes very serious.

Let's be honest here, hoi polloi don't really see Porsches as a quarter million dollar car, which is what a typical TT/TTS will cost (MSRP, to say nothing of ADMs). Heck, most of us have said the same thing about an RS after you factor in the ADM.

The public perception of a Porsche is at around 100 to maybe 125k, regardless of trim level (as most people couldn't tell you the difference between a C2S or a Touring or GTS or a Sport Classic).

At around 225k to 250k, there just aren't that many buyers of Porsche vehicles. That demographic is primarily looking at Astons, Ferraris (Roma), Bentleys, etc, which like it or not, perception-wise is just a notch above Porsche.
Fair points but the paradigm has shifted with the liquidity fire hose along with the increasing real estate values, stock values, and of course higher inflation. The new $225-$250k today is the old $150-$175k pre-Covid as upper middle class and higher folks are a lot better off financially today versus pre-Covid. Porsche sees it and knows it, the only question we don't know is how quickly Porsche can shift capacity around from one type of car to another to extract maximum profits....is it like a speed boat quick pivot or is it a tanker ship slow pivot.
Old 07-23-2023 | 09:30 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Fair points but the paradigm has shifted with the liquidity fire hose along with the increasing real estate values, stock values, and of course higher inflation. The new $225-$250k today is the old $150-$175k pre-Covid as upper middle class and higher folks are a lot better off financially today versus pre-Covid. Porsche sees it and knows it, the only question we don't know is how quickly Porsche can shift capacity around from one type of car to another to extract maximum profits....is it like a speed boat quick pivot or is it a tanker ship slow pivot.
I don't think the shift is permanent. What went up will come down, at least part of the way. Doling out free money doesn't make people rich forever, and inflation has eroded the purchasing power of cash. Porsche is playing the long game, so it doesn't make sense for them to tool up to make way more cars and then oversupply them to meet a transient demand, resulting in a glut of cars in the future and less demand for new cars. And similarly, it doesn't make sense for Porsche to jack prices way up now to take advantage of the transient demand, because it would look bad to drop prices later when demand falls.
Old 07-24-2023 | 01:24 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Was never a "ban" in the first place.
More fake news.

why didn’t you hit the reset button?
The following 3 users liked this post by User 81423:
Robb M. (07-24-2023), WCGhost (07-24-2023), WenigerAberBeser (07-24-2023)
Old 07-24-2023 | 04:57 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I don't think the shift is permanent. What went up will come down, at least part of the way. Doling out free money doesn't make people rich forever, and inflation has eroded the purchasing power of cash. Porsche is playing the long game, so it doesn't make sense for them to tool up to make way more cars and then oversupply them to meet a transient demand, resulting in a glut of cars in the future and less demand for new cars. And similarly, it doesn't make sense for Porsche to jack prices way up now to take advantage of the transient demand, because it would look bad to drop prices later when demand falls.
But that is exactly what Porsche did, it jacked up prices of the desirable cars the most. They know very well what the demand is for their cars from the data that they get from their dealers as well as the information from the secondary resale market on their late model cars (resale and auctions). I believe that Porsche has some flexibility in production by either extending production a bit longer like they did building MY24 GT3/Tourings when everyone said they were done with MY23 or by moving some build capacity from one similar model to another similar model (i.e. TT/TTS to a GT3RS or a 911 4/4S to a GT3/Touring). That being said, they'll still keep production to demand -1 for their desirable cars.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM