Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023 | 07:57 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Ironically, you conveniently ignore how many cars that he has had to purchase over the last 10 years from them that he has traded back into them at a discount vs a private sale.
I thought that you were smarter than this.
DildoDude… how did it feel to pay CA sales tax on the $40k ADM? Do you have a preferred lube?

please tell us how good it felt and how bad it is getting cars at MSRP and $0 loss
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023 | 08:04 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DodoBrd
DildoDude… how did it feel to pay CA sales tax on the $40k ADM? Do you have a preferred lube?

please tell us how good it felt and how bad it is getting cars at MSRP and $0 loss
it amazes me how people can manipulate themselves into thinking THEY are the smart ones for paying big ADMs and the MSRP buyers are the idiots SMH
usctrojanGT3 (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023 | 08:38 PM
markfedco
Track Day

I have a confirmed order for a 3RS at $100k ADM with a late Q3 early Q4 2023 delivery, lock date in July.. Yikes.. Folks in the "game" telling me its a good deal for the current market.

BTW I do not have a relationship with any single dealership. I've owned many GT cars over the years but all but one have been bought 2nd hand. Have also bought a few non GT cars from various dealerships..

Last edited by markfedco; 05-25-2023 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-24-2023 | 09:02 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

Originally Posted by markfedco
I have a confirmed order at $100k ADM with a late Q3 early Q4 2023 delivery, lock date in July.. Yikes.. Folks in the "game" telling me its a good deal for the current market.

BTW I do not have a relationship with any single dealership. I've owned many GT cars over the years but all but one have been bought 2nd hand. Have also bought a few non GT cars from various dealerships..
Could have gotten them all at MSRP or lower if bought from the same MSRP dealer. But 2nd hand prices were also reasonable before the pandemic.
Old 05-24-2023 | 09:51 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

I have a confirmed order at $100k ADM with a late Q3 early Q4 2023 delivery, lock date in July.. Yikes.. Folks in the "game" telling me its a good deal for the current market.

$100k, not a good deal. But if you’re comfortable with it, that’s all that matters I guess
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
Ironically, you conveniently ignore how many cars that he has had to purchase over the last 10 years from them that he has traded back into them at a discount vs a private sale.
I thought that you were smarter than this.
Whatever makes you feel better about paying ADM, I think we all know that having a relationship with a dealer and buying able to buy GT at MSRP > paying ADMs.
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:31 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

That's the going rate now, it's not hard to find GT3RSs at $100k ADM currently. The ADMs will decrease as time goes on, especially considering the car just started arriving in the US. I can see the ADM dropping to $75k later this year and then $50k and lower next year.
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:36 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

It seems that some people, at least subconsciously, have misgivings about having paid well over MSRP when they see that others paid MSRP, and even now are getting allocations at MSRP.
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:39 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
Could have gotten them all at MSRP or lower if bought from the same MSRP dealer. But 2nd hand prices were also reasonable before the pandemic.
My dealer is trying to spread the wealth on GT cars to their good customers and there just aren't enough to go around to give everyone a GT allocation (obviously excluding 918 VIPs). The GM told me that less than 2 dozen customers got 2 GT allocations this go around (GT3, GT3RS, GT4RS) so they wanted to spread GT cars amongst their good customers with having only gotten around 50 GT allocations. I gave them my ranking of GT cars that I was most interested in....#1 was the GT4RS, #2 was the Touring, and #3 was the GT3RS. I'm very happy that I got my top 2 choices and in PTS no less (I did ask for PTS allocations for both cars). GM told me I can get a .2GT3RS if I skip the .2GT3.
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:41 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

It seems that some people, at least subconsciously, have misgivings about having paid well over MSRP when they see that others paid MSRP, and even now are getting allocations at MSRP.
Some just try to rationalize their decision to pay ADM but saying they are better off paying an ADM versus having a relationship with a dealer where GT cars are sold at MSRP is just being delusional. Like I said, I've saved $200k-$250k plus tax on my 5 GT purchases with my dealer over the years.
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:42 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
My dealer is trying to spread the wealth on GT cars to their good customers and there just aren't enough to go around to give everyone a GT allocation (obviously excluding 918 VIPs). The GM told me that less than 2 dozen customers got 2 GT allocations this go around (GT3, GT3RS, GT4RS) so they wanted to spread GT cars amongst their good customers with having only gotten around 50 GT allocations. I gave them my ranking of GT cars that I was most interested in....#1 was the GT4RS, #2 was the Touring, and #3 was the GT3RS. I'm very happy that I got my top 2 choices and in PTS no less (I did ask for PTS allocations for both cars). GM told me I can get a .2GT3RS if I skip the .2GT3.
Congrats! Happy for you, especially since you're actually tracking your track cars!
usctrojanGT3 (05-25-2023)
Old 05-24-2023 | 11:48 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Some just try to rationalize their decision to pay ADM but saying they are better off paying an ADM versus having a relationship with a dealer where GT cars are sold at MSRP is just being delusional. Like I said, I've saved $200k-$250k plus tax on my 5 GT purchases with my dealer over the years.
Arguing in a forum with those who pay MSRP isn't going to help those paid ADM to rationalize their decision. Better for them to just drive the car and enjoy it, and not think about the cost.

Tomorrow, I'm taking my 992 TTS to the track and I don't even want to know what the operating cost is, considering insurance, tires, fuel, brakes, registration, etc. I don't add that stuff up. I made the decision to buy it and track it, and I don't keep revisiting the cost aspect.
usctrojanGT3 (05-25-2023)
Old 05-25-2023 | 03:46 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Happy for you, especially since you're actually tracking your track cars!
Thanks, and I LOVE tracking these GT cars. They are such a blast on the track, can't wait until the fall to get the GT4RS on track set some PBs at my local tracks.
Old 05-25-2023 | 03:49 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Arguing in a forum with those who pay MSRP isn't going to help those paid ADM to rationalize their decision. Better for them to just drive the car and enjoy it, and not think about the cost.

Tomorrow, I'm taking my 992 TTS to the track and I don't even want to know what the operating cost is, considering insurance, tires, fuel, brakes, registration, etc. I don't add that stuff up. I made the decision to buy it and track it, and I don't keep revisiting the cost aspect.
One of the smartest people on RL (Mooty) once told me to never keep track of costs to go tracking. Best advice I ever got in my life.
Old 05-25-2023 | 09:45 AM
markfedco
Track Day

wow really?? Cause most people I talk with say ADM is in the $150-$200k range and that is if you can even get a confirmed allocation. I'm onto my 5th dealership with this process now. None of them could give me a confirmed allocation. The dealership I'm working with now is a small market dealer who is getting 1 allocation and maybe another allocation in Q4.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM