Racer

Received 83 Likes on 48 Posts

Yep, this is shady as sh*t
Old 04-14-2023, 06:07 PM
DodoBrd
Burning Brakes

Received 939 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsix
I'm on the waitlist for a GT3t at Porsche South Austin. They're currently "asking" $100k over sticker for a GT3t allocation. The truth is the GM asks each salesman how much their GT3t customers are willing to pay over MSRP and the salesmen reach out to their customers to see who will pay the most and the high bidder gets to order a car.

My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted me last month and said they have an allocation for me. I offered significantly less than $100K over sticker, but still well over sticker. The sales manager emailed me that he had a long list of buyers at $100k over. I told him I don't want to waste his time and I won't pay $100k over. He never responded, so I guess he had a higher bidder. My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted yesterday and said they have a GT3t allocation for me if I'm still interested. They're still asking $100k over sticker. I upped my offer by $10k from last month, but still well short of $100k over. In both offers, I've offered to wire the full purchase price same day. I thought sitting on my money for several months would give them some incentive to take my offer, but no luck.

I did agree on price for a new GT3t with another dealer outside of my home state. After we agreed on price (which included ADM), I learned that they were selling me a car that had already been ordered instead of the ablility to order a car to my spec. The car was too far off from what I want, so I passed. After agreeing on price, but before learning that I was negotiating for an already ordered car and not an allocation, the GM called me to discuss payment. In order to "hide the ADM from Porsche" he wanted me to buy a used Cayenne which he would then buy back from me in 30 days for the amount I paid minus the ADM. I told him I'm happy to wire money or write a check for the ADM, and he can call the ADM whatever he wants, but I'm not buying another vehicle to hide the ADM. This does make me curious how other dealers are hiding the ADM from Porsche. Anyone care to share how their dealer got paid for ADM?

The interesting thing is both Porsche dealers I have tried to order a GT3t from tell me that if I'll pay their ADM this time, I'll be able to order GT cars at sticker in the future. I have no reason to believe they won't sell their future GT car allocations to the highest bidder in the future, just like they are today.
Austin has gentrified so much in the past 5 years. So much influx of people with money to burn for a relatively small city. I bet the dealers down there just see $$$ everywhere they go.
Old 04-14-2023, 09:56 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,074 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by ohsix
I'm on the waitlist for a GT3t at Porsche South Austin. They're currently "asking" $100k over sticker for a GT3t allocation. The truth is the GM asks each salesman how much their GT3t customers are willing to pay over MSRP and the salesmen reach out to their customers to see who will pay the most and the high bidder gets to order a car.

My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted me last month and said they have an allocation for me. I offered significantly less than $100K over sticker, but still well over sticker. The sales manager emailed me that he had a long list of buyers at $100k over. I told him I don't want to waste his time and I won't pay $100k over. He never responded, so I guess he had a higher bidder. My salesman at Porsche South Austin texted yesterday and said they have a GT3t allocation for me if I'm still interested. They're still asking $100k over sticker. I upped my offer by $10k from last month, but still well short of $100k over. In both offers, I've offered to wire the full purchase price same day. I thought sitting on my money for several months would give them some incentive to take my offer, but no luck.

I did agree on price for a new GT3t with another dealer outside of my home state. After we agreed on price (which included ADM), I learned that they were selling me a car that had already been ordered instead of the ablility to order a car to my spec. The car was too far off from what I want, so I passed. After agreeing on price, but before learning that I was negotiating for an already ordered car and not an allocation, the GM called me to discuss payment. In order to "hide the ADM from Porsche" he wanted me to buy a used Cayenne which he would then buy back from me in 30 days for the amount I paid minus the ADM. I told him I'm happy to wire money or write a check for the ADM, and he can call the ADM whatever he wants, but I'm not buying another vehicle to hide the ADM. This does make me curious how other dealers are hiding the ADM from Porsche. Anyone care to share how their dealer got paid for ADM?

The interesting thing is both Porsche dealers I have tried to order a GT3t from tell me that if I'll pay their ADM this time, I'll be able to order GT cars at sticker in the future. I have no reason to believe they won't sell their future GT car allocations to the highest bidder in the future, just like they are today.
Oh man, that Austin stealer is no better than CA stealers with their stupid asking price. I think you already know, trust stealers as far as you can throw them. Look for a used car that has a spec that you like best. Good luck on your search.
Old 04-14-2023, 10:24 PM
av12345
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Oh man, that Austin stealer is no better than CA stealers with their stupid asking price. I think you already know, trust stealers as far as you can throw them. Look for a used car that has a spec that you like best. Good luck on your search.

Oh no - here we go with the stealers again haha. When you are selling a house for a client do you refuse the highest offer and/or do not allow bidding wars?
Old 04-14-2023, 11:05 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I’d contact an Ohio dealer. I can put you in contact with two sales guys for two different dealers here. We can only get $50k in our market. If you’ll pay over that, I’m sure they can get one for you.

When I was at my dealer for service last Saturday, he said the incoming GT3T was ordered with a $50k adm.
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
chance6 (04-14-2023), Diablo Dude (04-14-2023)
Old 04-14-2023, 11:21 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
yeah, msrp is going up almost $20k.
Total price will be coming down.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:23 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I’d contact an Ohio dealer. I can put you in contact with two sales guys for two different dealers here. We can only get $50k in our market. If you’ll pay over that, I’m sure they can get one for you.

When I was at my dealer for service last Saturday, he said the incoming GT3T was ordered with a $50k adm.
I'm not sure how Ohio is on an island...if folks can get a new Touring with $50k ADM, prices are for sure coming down.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:32 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Engro
That is about as shady as they come most dealer just ask for ADM straight up no pretenses. There is zero chance the same shady dealer will give you allocation at sticker.
Porsche is not stupid and the price increase should eat into dealer ADMs.
Exactly, the total price ain't going up. It's going to come down. These are not 997 GT3RS. That big 'ol $13-$14k latest bump on GT3 eats right into ADM.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:59 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
I'm not sure how Ohio is on an island...if folks can get a new Touring with $50k ADM, prices are for sure coming down.
It was $50k back in November 2021 at both Porsche Dublin and Porsche Columbus. It’s still $50k at Porsche Dublin as of last Saturday.
Old 04-15-2023, 12:29 AM
wageslave
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

What's the current ADM for a winged GT3 in HCOL (more accurately California)?

One SA said ~half of the Touring ADM, which was ~60k, but with a one to two year wait for either.
Old 04-15-2023, 12:34 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Manifold
Let's not forget that some of price increase of cars over the past 3 years is simply due to inflation, and is not simply because persistent demand is enabling manufacturers to raise prices and profit margins. From that standpoint, a physical asset like a car is somewhat of a hedge against inflation (unlike cash), but in the long run almost all of these cars will be depreciating assets if you actually drive them rather than store them in a time capsule.
Truer words never spoken.
That persistent demand you speak of is so massive that there are > 150 GT3s for sale on Autotrader. Nice colors, good specs, low miles.

Yeah.
The following users liked this post:
EMdoc (04-16-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 12:47 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I cannot remember a time where anyone could walk into a Porsche dealer and order a GT3 for sticker without having an existing relationship, long time client etc. It does.... not.... happen, and will not happen.
Your memory is poor then; it happened routinely during the 991.1 cycle of 2014-2016 and before that generation it was the norm. The fear of the last of natural aspiration primarily and internal combustion secondarily drove a whole new audience of speculators and "collectors" to this market segment which resulted in the ADM surge.
The following users liked this post:
Manifold (04-15-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 12:59 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 726 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
Your memory is poor then; it happened routinely during the 991.1 cycle of 2014-2016 and before that generation it was the norm. The fear of the last of natural aspiration primarily and internal combustion secondarily drove a whole new audience of speculators and "collectors" to this market segment which resulted in the ADM surge.
Correction, a desirable GT3. I kid but you're full of crap. You couldn't even get a Shelby, B302 back then for sticker. I've been around the block a few times pal.
Old 04-15-2023, 01:08 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
Correction, a desirable GT3. I kid but you're full of crap. You couldn't even get a Shelby, B302 back then for sticker. I've been around the block a few times pal.
Pal? Are you kidding? Very few paid over sticker during the 2014-2016 GT3 years of 991.1 production. 997 and 996 generations dating back to 1999 would have been practically nonexistent to pay an ADM; it just wasn't a thing. The change coincided with the 2018 991.2. Stick to Fords, your knowledge of the national Porsche historical marketplace is lacking. Alternatively, you might just be from the Bay Area.

Last edited by mcsmcs1; 04-15-2023 at 01:44 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mcsmcs1:
Manifold (04-15-2023), WCGhost (04-18-2023)
Old 04-15-2023, 01:08 AM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Around 2015, my dealer offered me a GT3 allocation at MSRP and I passed. A few months later, he offered me another allocation at MSRP and I took it. The following year, the same scenario played out with the GT4. It was not hard to get these cars at MSRP back then. Some discount below MSRP was probably possible, but I was ok with MSRP, so I didn’t try to negotiate.

After that, the guys who wanted to own these cars ‘for free’, but hardly drove them, came into the market and it became harder to get MSRP allocations.
The following 2 users liked this post by Manifold:
michaeldorian (04-15-2023), usctrojanGT3 (04-15-2023)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM