Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2022, 11:59 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,075 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
says the guy who paid 50k ADM for his first GT3RS...

quite THE MSRP CRUSADER
At least I'm fine with admitting my mistake publicly. Yes it my my first NEW GT3RS, my first GT3RS was the PTS 997 GT3RS that I bought for $115k in 2012 and sold for $200k in 2017 after driving and tracking it for 13k miles in over 4 years. I fell for the BS on here that GT3RS values won't go below MSRP because Porsche was limiting the supply. Uhhhh wrong, but thankfully I got a little over MSRP when I traded the car in so I didn't lose all of the $50k ADM. That's when I morphed into the MSRP Crusader. You live, you learn.
The following 3 users liked this post by usctrojanGT3:
Ascend (12-24-2022), WCGhost (12-25-2022), welikethetrack (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:01 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ascend
What about true blue chips like F40 or CGT?
I doubt even driver CGT will go below $1m.
The following users liked this post:
Ascend (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:06 PM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
At least I'm fine with admitting my mistake publicly. Yes it my my first NEW GT3RS, my first GT3RS was the PTS 997 GT3RS that I bought for $115k in 2012 and sold for $200k in 2017 after driving and tracking it for 13k miles in over 4 years. I fell for the BS on here that GT3RS values won't go below MSRP because Porsche was limiting the supply. Uhhhh wrong, but thankfully I got a little over MSRP when I traded the car in so I didn't lose all of the $50k ADM. That's when I morphed into the MSRP Crusader. You live, you learn.
Fair enough man, I respect it. And like I've said before, I am jealous that you got set up with a good dealer before all the chaos that has ensued.

I definitely agree that you shouldn't just drop 100k ADM on a 992 GT3. But if you think you'll just stroll into a Porsche dealer now or in 2023 and get a 992 GT3 at MSRP, you need a reality check. I don't encourage anyone to recklessly pay ADM or go beyond their means, but if you want a 992 GT3 and you don't have a good history with a dealer, you'll have to pay some premium over MSRP. I don't think it's worth falsely getting any enthusiasts hopes up otherwise.

992 GT3 production is slowing down. The last allocations appear to have been handed out to dealers. Barring a MASSIVE drop in demand, prices won't just crater. Hell, there are still tons of mass produced Toyotas (Sequoia, Sienna, etc) that are still commanding a markup. We have a ways to go before things are ever close to "normal" again.
The following 4 users liked this post by rusmani:
AlexCeres (12-24-2022), Diablo Dude (12-24-2022), usctrojanGT3 (12-24-2022), WCGhost (12-25-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:08 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
If we have a sharp recession in 2023 - as some are predicting - I think the appetite for these cars will drop and we’ll see substantial price declines, i.e. bursting of the bubble. This bubble was due to the pandemic and the response to it, and the effects won’t last forever. They’re just cars, and they’ll always make more.
I think some people forget that it's not only higher interest rates but the Fed is also draining $95B out of the economy every month. It's a small amount that the Fed created but with enough number of months this quantitative tightening will add up and begin to lower asset prices. Let's hope that nothing serious breaks during the Fed's mission to crush inflation.
Manifold (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:10 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

I doubt even driver CGT will go below $1m.
So i have to sell my house? 😭
Old 12-24-2022, 12:16 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rusmani
Fair enough man, I respect it. And like I've said before, I am jealous that you got set up with a good dealer before all the chaos that has ensued.

I definitely agree that you shouldn't just drop 100k ADM on a 992 GT3. But if you think you'll just stroll into a Porsche dealer now or in 2023 and get a 992 GT3 at MSRP, you need a reality check. I don't encourage anyone to recklessly pay ADM or go beyond their means, but if you want a 992 GT3 and you don't have a good history with a dealer, you'll have to pay some premium over MSRP. I don't think it's worth falsely getting any enthusiasts hopes up otherwise.

992 GT3 production is slowing down. The last allocations appear to have been handed out to dealers. Barring a MASSIVE drop in demand, prices won't just crater. Hell, there are still tons of mass produced Toyotas (Sequoia, Sienna, etc) that are still commanding a markup. We have a ways to go before things are ever close to "normal" again.
You know what's funny, that 991.1 GT3RS was part of the 3 car transaction that started the relationship that I have with my dealer so even from bad there was good that came out of it. I agree with you that even buying a used GT3 at MSRP is not possible but what I am saying it that prices are heading back down to MSRP. How long it'll take is anyone's guess but the worse the recession gets the fast prices will get there. I'm just telling people to be patient and wait as time is on their side, not just with GT3s but I've been telling all my buyers to wait to buy homes until sometime in 2023 as prices as heading down. The buyer FOMO is over, now the patient folks will be rewarded. Supply chain distortions and trillions of printed dollars caused a lot of chaos with all car prices but the liquidity drain is slow and it will have an effect of bringing back sanity for all car prices in time. Let the deal come to you!
Manifold (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 12:17 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

So i have to sell my house? 😭
Or if you have enough spare organs that you can sell. haha
Old 12-24-2022, 12:26 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

What about true blue chips like F40 or CGT?
Collector’s cars are excluded from my analysis, that’s a whole different thing.
Old 12-24-2022, 12:46 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

I think some people forget that it's not only higher interest rates but the Fed is also draining $95B out of the economy every month. It's a small amount that the Fed created but with enough number of months this quantitative tightening will add up and begin to lower asset prices. Let's hope that nothing serious breaks during the Fed's mission to crush inflation.
I think that some pain will need to be experienced in order to get inflation down, get stocks back to reasonable multipliers, get the unemployment rate up to normal level, get people back in the office, get repair people who come to the house to provide estimates to actually provide those estimates, etc. This overstimulated economy isn't sustainable, nor are these inflated car prices. I'm tired of waving money at people and they don't care.
usctrojanGT3 (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 03:13 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

If prices drop 20%, they’ll still be above msrp. You guys keep screaming about prices drops without any context on either absolute values or the velocity.

there is no chance anyone is getting an allocation for msrp before production ends.

and the Fed. Lolz. They pumped $8T into the economy and have only planned to withdraw $2T. When the dust settles their publicly stated objectives are to leave $6T more than existed in 2019. Hahahahhaha. Yeah, I’m sure nominal prices on luxury goods are totally going back to “normal” /s

again, you need more than just “dropping” to make informed decisions
Diablo Dude (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 06:44 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
If prices drop 20%, they’ll still be above msrp. You guys keep screaming about prices drops without any context on either absolute values or the velocity.

there is no chance anyone is getting an allocation for msrp before production ends.

and the Fed. Lolz. They pumped $8T into the economy and have only planned to withdraw $2T. When the dust settles their publicly stated objectives are to leave $6T more than existed in 2019. Hahahahhaha. Yeah, I’m sure nominal prices on luxury goods are totally going back to “normal” /s

Thank you for the "informed" post.

I can tell that you are one of the few posters here that actually understand the financial markets and most likely have some "skin" in the game.
People on these internet forums love to yap about demand and go to extreme lengths to "rationalize" why prices will come down, yet they rarely discuss supply.
They ignore how badly broken supply chains are and how the "quality" of a supply chain will demand higher prices going forward.
Porsche putting a stop-order on PCCB's is a prime example of what I'm talking about and yet we're almost in 2023.

It's literally comical to see the same posters in this forum sound like a broken clock every day here.
I can tell that they've never had any "skin" in the game when it comes to the financial markets given the comments that they make.
They see themselves as "value" investors like Warren Buffett yet (like Warren) wouldnt be caught dead investing in a "growth" stock in the first place.
That's why they and their opinions lack credibility.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 12-24-2022 at 07:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2022, 07:11 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 557 Likes on 421 Posts

Love to read comments here...
I bet not even 1% implement it
Old 12-24-2022, 08:20 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

I think that some pain will need to be experienced in order to get inflation down, get stocks back to reasonable multipliers, get the unemployment rate up to normal level, get people back in the office, get repair people who come to the house to provide estimates to actually provide those estimates, etc. This overstimulated economy isn't sustainable, nor are these inflated car prices. I'm tired of waving money at people and they don't care.
That's exactly it, JP mentioned that there will need to be pain and the pain will take time to work its way through the system. Things got beyond stupid and the pain part is things going back to the norm. Things are still juiced up as the market looks for any excuse to try to rally and then the Fed and other central banks try to smack the market back down. We'll start hearing about more layoff announcements with 4Q earnings releases as most companies don't want to lay people off before the holidays.
Manifold (12-24-2022)
Old 12-24-2022, 08:25 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AlexCeres

You think they'll stop with the QT by the end of 2003? Uhhh no, even when they stop increasing interest rates they'll continue with QT until inflation goes below 0%. If the Fed lets off, inflation will come climbing back like it did in the late 70s/early 80s so that won't happen. This is the first time in history you've had this type of hike in rates along with QT at the same time so if you think there will be happy times again once the Fed stops raising rates you are kidding yourself. The biggest problem is wage inflation and the solution is to increase unemployment. Like I said, don't fight the Fed.
Old 12-24-2022, 10:03 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

IThey’re just cars, and they’ll always make more.
If they're "just cars" then how come you've posted 108 times about them since Nov. 1st?
That pretty much says it all.

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM