992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2022 | 04:09 PM
CAGT3
Track Day

Shapiros, that's reasonable for southern california right now. I've seen a pretty consistent number around 65-80k. When is delivery?
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:10 PM
CAGT3
Track Day

Originally Posted by shapiros
Just got quoted 75K over MSRP for a GT3 touring allocation from a Southern California dealer. I have zero relationship with any Porsche dealers and this would be my first Porsche, can anyone give me a sense for how this stacks up against the market right now? 75K is a lot but also know that the odds of me getting an allocation for MSRP are essentially zero, so wondering if I will just need to pay to play.
Shapiros, that's reasonable for southern california right now. I've seen a pretty consistent number around 65-80k. When is delivery?
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:21 PM
shapiros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAGT3
August 2023. No PTS, would be a 992.1 car.
The following 2 users liked this post by shapiros:
AlexCeres (11-21-2022), WCGhost (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:42 PM
997C2Houston
Instructor

They have allocations for builds that far out already?
Old 11-21-2022 | 04:52 PM
shapiros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997C2Houston
That's what they told me
Old 11-21-2022 | 05:01 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Just got quoted 75K over MSRP for a GT3 touring allocation from a Southern California dealer. I have zero relationship with any Porsche dealers and this would be my first Porsche, can anyone give me a sense for how this stacks up against the market right now? 75K is a lot but also know that the odds of me getting an allocation for MSRP are essentially zero, so wondering if I will just need to pay to play.
I have heard anywhere between $75K-$100K, but based on the convos there sounded like room on this. I was offered $100K over the weekend in SoCal, but its not a dealer I was planning to go with. From your info, and mine, along with a few others we can confirm that allocations are not done, which it is super annoying there are people in this thread intentionally spreading false information just to prop up the value of their car they already own, instead of providing accurate info for people looking, this is the exact type of thing i meant when saying this forum was different from others. I'd be happy to message a few guys in the area i have been in contact with and provide info if it is below the $75K you were quoted, as that is not a price I am willing to pay myself.
The following 2 users liked this post by WCGhost:
Kinkola (11-21-2022), welikethetrack (11-21-2022)
Old 11-21-2022 | 05:58 PM
CAGT3
Track Day

Originally Posted by 997C2Houston
Yeah, already put the build in.
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:01 PM
YMGT4
Rennlist Member

Just so you know- you're going to pay the ADM now and wait basically 11 months to get your car. If you are going to pay an ADM- try and find an earlier allocation?
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:11 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

I've got an F80 M3 competition and an E63 wagon (wife's car) right now - perfectly happy with both of them, and with little kids they are each certainly more practical than a GT3 touring would be, but practicality isn't exactly at the top of my list. That said, I really would like a N/A, manual car to buy and keep for the long haul. I'm not a track rat, just a guy who likes to row my own gears and take a long drive when I have the time. I am looking at this not really from a financial perspective (I can't really rationalize spending 100K+ on a car, try as I might), so if I'm going to spend more than double that, I just want to get what I want, so not super interested in buying used. Have had other ADM quotes at 150K+ so hearing 75K piqued my interest.

I am in no hurry and can definitely wait, which I think is probably the right move, but I guess I'm more wondering if a time will come where I can order one the way I'd like at MSRP without having to buy a number of other cars first - my sense is that it is going to be tough to put the ADM toothpaste back in the tube, and that the demand for these cars is likely to persist even in the face of more challenging macroeconomic times (although maybe GT3s are "common" enough that they won't be immune - I have no idea). I realize they're wildly different cars, but have been wondering if I might be better off with a GTS and an extra 100K in the bank, feels like the increased practicality of the backseats might be better for me but again, this is an emotional purpose, not a practical one, and I would hate to spend the money on a GTS only to wish I'd ponied up for the GT3. I wish I could just drive them both back to back.

No clue if it's still configurable or if I could get a PTS car or anything, but I can ask.
I do think you should try to do some test drives. If requirements are NA, manual, new, and focused on road use, that narrows your options quite a lot. I'd actually suggest you look for a 997 Carrera S manual with low miles - I have one of those and prefer it over my Porsche GT cars as a fun road car.
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:18 PM
shapiros
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Manifold
I do think you should try to do some test drives. If requirements are NA, manual, new, and focused on road use, that narrows your options quite a lot. I'd actually suggest you look for a 997 Carrera S manual with low miles - I have one of those and prefer it over my Porsche GT cars as a fun road car.
This is a good idea, thanks. I've also thought about a 991.1 GTS in a manual for the same reason. This is probably a dumb questions but what is the best way to test drive a GT3 in a manual? I don't see any on Turo for rent ever. PEC? I know mileage is such a big concern on these cars that I don't really envision a dealer letting me take one out for a spin.
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:19 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by YMGT4
Just so you know- you're going to pay the ADM now and wait basically 11 months to get your car. If you are going to pay an ADM- try and find an earlier allocation?
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:22 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Originally Posted by WCGhost
I have heard anywhere between $75K-$100K, but based on the convos there sounded like room on this. I was offered $100K over the weekend in SoCal, but its not a dealer I was planning to go with. From your info, and mine, along with a few others we can confirm that allocations are not done, which it is super annoying there are people in this thread intentionally spreading false information just to prop up the value of their car they already own, instead of providing accurate info for people looking, this is the exact type of thing i meant when saying this forum was different from others. I'd be happy to message a few guys in the area i have been in contact with and provide info if it is below the $75K you were quoted, as that is not a price I am willing to pay myself.
You're a FUNNY guy.

The Regional Porsche Rep for my dealer told them via email to erase all demand orders (V70)
But according to you, I'm one of those guys that intentionally spreads false info.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 11-21-2022 at 07:30 PM.
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:30 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

From: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)

This is a good idea, thanks. I've also thought about a 991.1 GTS in a manual for the same reason. This is probably a dumb questions but what is the best way to test drive a GT3 in a manual? I don't see any on Turo for rent ever. PEC? I know mileage is such a big concern on these cars that I don't really envision a dealer letting me take one out for a spin.
If a dealer has one for sale, roll up in your E63 and they should let you test drive it.

991.1 is a good choice, since they still have the NA engines. I just got a 991.2 cab, which I love, except that I prefer the sound of NA engines and I kind of wonder if I should have gotten a 991.1 cab instead of 991.2.
Old 11-21-2022 | 06:52 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

I was told 50-75k from my dealer like 2 weeks ago.

Catch them on a slow day and its proly on the lower end. Catch them on a busy one and maybe 75k.

That being said. There is literally no chance tourings are trading at 75k over in Aug 2023 despite what the current gt3 owners wish will happen given the climate and inventory and recent trends on the used market. So you're likely going to be paying market today for a car that lands and is worth a lot less on the ground in 9 months....but in CA you don't actually have to buy the car, every deposit is refundable by law. So you can always try and give them the cram down to market value when it comes in or walk....probably going to **** people off doing that as you will not be happy with 75k over come Aug 2023, I can just about guarantee that.

Queue the hyper sensitive 992 GT owners...
Old 11-21-2022 | 07:23 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
I was told 50-75k from my dealer like 2 weeks ago.

Catch them on a slow day and its proly on the lower end. Catch them on a busy one and maybe 75k.

That being said. There is literally no chance tourings are trading at 75k over in Aug 2023 despite what the current gt3 owners wish will happen given the climate and inventory and recent trends on the used market. So you're likely going to be paying market today for a car that lands and is worth a lot less on the ground in 9 months....but in CA you don't actually have to buy the car, every deposit is refundable by law. So you can always try and give them the cram down to market value when it comes in or walk....probably going to **** people off doing that as you will not be happy with 75k over come Aug 2023, I can just about guarantee that.

Queue the hyper sensitive 992 GT owners...
… says the hyper sensitive 992 GT non-owner
The following 2 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
Diablo Dude (11-21-2022), NYCGT3 (11-21-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM