Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2022, 02:43 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
People shouldn’t be so hung up about allocations. There will be plenty of lightly used GT3s available next year and prices are trending down. It’s a matter of patience. Dealers who overpaid for used cars will be under increasing pressure to move them before they go in the red.
In my view there's a big difference between being able to spec the car to your liking and taking delivery as first owner, and buying a lightly used someone else's spec. I'm not really in the market but if I was, I'd only be interested in a speccable build.
The following 3 users liked this post by Freddie Two Bs:
Engro (11-23-2022), WCGhost (11-23-2022), welikethetrack (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 02:47 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by Freddie Two Bs
In my view there's a big difference between being able to spec the car to your liking and taking delivery as first owner, and buying a lightly used someone else's spec. I'm not really in the market but if I was, I'd only be interested in a speccable build.
I’m somewhat the same on speccing the car, which is why I’m willing to wait to get allocations (which will be at MSRP). No real hurry, since I already have a GT3 and GT4. I’m willing to buy a used one if the spec is close enough and the price is right.
Old 11-23-2022, 02:48 PM
Ascend
Three Wheelin'

Received 317 Likes on 179 Posts

I think that a lot of the demand is due to perception of scarcity, and RL does a lot to foster that perception, boost demand, and boost prices.

If some people on RL were to be believed, everyone on RL is so rich that $100k ADM is nothing to them, and if you hesitate to pay that much you’re overthinking and/or poor. And yet somehow there are many lightly used GT cars priced tens of thousands over MSRP which somehow aren’t selling at those prices.

You nailed it. Theres alot of bluffing in RL. Of course, lots of rich guys here who would make GT3 money in a month and whatever but many many guys including me are average guys who just wants to buy a dream car and we are led to believe that all these ultra wealthy guys are paying 100k or whatever it takes to buy GT3s.

Few Facts

1) Ultra wealthy guys dont pay premium for GT3. They may pay premium at RM Sotheby auction buying MC12 or super rare exotic but not for GT3. Its like me paying 20k ADM for Civic Type R. I wouldnt pay extra and I wouldnt care to own it.

2) Inventory is stacking up, dealers will be forced to move cars. It wont plummet (even during the very beginning of covid, price didnt crash) but it will slowly come down. Time is your friend and remember, GT3 is not limited. Its dime a dozen and you will get yourself one. Dont pay attention to BaT results. Ppl tend to overpay there

3) 100k means a lot no matter how rich you are. I have never seen a rich person throw a money away like that. Actually, they got rich because they watch how they spend their hard earned money.

4) Dont listen to your time is limited pure BS. Unless you have stage 4 rectal cancer and pooping in your pants every time you fart, dont pay 100k ADM for a GT3. If you did, maybe a good idea to get your brain checked.

The following 4 users liked this post by Ascend:
azzurri (11-28-2022), Manifold (11-23-2022), Orca911 (11-23-2022), welikethetrack (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 03:49 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,969 Likes on 5,217 Posts

I think the only people on RL are the ones who cannot afford (or willing to pay) a 100k ADM, yours truly included.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
AlexCeres (11-23-2022), WCGhost (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 04:21 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,282 Likes on 1,272 Posts

I think that a lot of the demand is due to perception of scarcity, and RL does a lot to foster that perception, boost demand, and boost prices.
That's pure nonsense.
This forum has ZERO impact on price . . . no matter how many times you try to convince people that it does.

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 11-23-2022 at 04:49 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
-eztrader- (11-24-2022), AlexCeres (11-23-2022), RUF RS (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 05:32 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I think the only people on RL are the ones who cannot afford (or willing to pay) a 100k ADM, yours truly included.
Or at least those people probably aren't wasting their time in an ADM thread where people are trying to save a few dollars on purchase price, or trying to avoid losing some value on a car they already bought (and possibly overpaid for) by repeatedly arguing that prices will never go down and these cars are as rare as a da Vinci painting.
The following users liked this post:
Ascend (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 06:07 PM
WCGhost
Instructor

Received 173 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Ascend
You nailed it. Theres alot of bluffing in RL. Of course, lots of rich guys here who would make GT3 money in a month and whatever but many many guys including me are average guys who just wants to buy a dream car and we are led to believe that all these ultra wealthy guys are paying 100k or whatever it takes to buy GT3s.

Few Facts

1) Ultra wealthy guys dont pay premium for GT3. They may pay premium at RM Sotheby auction buying MC12 or super rare exotic but not for GT3. Its like me paying 20k ADM for Civic Type R. I wouldnt pay extra and I wouldnt care to own it.

2) Inventory is stacking up, dealers will be forced to move cars. It wont plummet (even during the very beginning of covid, price didnt crash) but it will slowly come down. Time is your friend and remember, GT3 is not limited. Its dime a dozen and you will get yourself one. Dont pay attention to BaT results. Ppl tend to overpay there

3) 100k means a lot no matter how rich you are. I have never seen a rich person throw a money away like that. Actually, they got rich because they watch how they spend their hard earned money.

4) Dont listen to your time is limited pure BS. Unless you have stage 4 rectal cancer and pooping in your pants every time you fart, dont pay 100k ADM for a GT3. If you did, maybe a good idea to get your brain checked.
I have seen Tourings go higher on BAT than I have seen offered to me locally for similar or better builds new from a dealer. However, I think on wing cars on BAT, I am starting to see them go for the lower end of what the other listings are. The listings are really ridiculous, not sure why everyone is asking $75-$90K over and just sitting on these cars for 90+ days. My understanding is that dealers have low interest short term loans that are like a revolver, but after that initial period they move cars because the interest rate and terms change, maybe I am mistaken here, since there are cars that are sitting since August. There is one very lightly optioned touring with a $186K MSRP that has been listed at $335K since August. I guess it just looks cool to them and they like moving it around their parking lot?
Old 11-23-2022, 07:14 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
That's pure nonsense.
This forum has ZERO impact on price . . . no matter how many times you try to convince people that it does.
Then what are you still doing here?
Old 11-23-2022, 07:24 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I have no skin in the game as I don't have a GT3, nor does it suit my needs. UNLESS, they make one with back seats for my boys.

That being said, to assume Rennlist moves the market is foolish. We are a small subset, and most people with money don't even go on this board because of the dumb crap going back and forth in this thread.

A small group believes no one is buying, and dealers are retarded and holding the bag, meanwhile, dealers are selling their cars for profit, and don't care what 4 people on RL believe. I said it in another thread, but if the sky is falling tomorrow, please show us your short position on Penske Auto Group, Autonation, and Sonic Automotive (they own Tactical Fleet). PAG and AN both own highline franchises like Porsche and the like.
AlexCeres (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 07:31 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

None of you guys knows how many people lurk on RL. Could be a large number. These Porsches are cars of passion, and RL is the probably the main forum that Porschephiles visit. I have no good reason to assume that info/misinfo shared on RL doesn't move the market.
Old 11-23-2022, 07:51 PM
welikethetrack
Burning Brakes

Received 719 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I have no skin in the game as I don't have a GT3, nor does it suit my needs. UNLESS, they make one with back seats for my boys.

That being said, to assume Rennlist moves the market is foolish. We are a small subset, and most people with money don't even go on this board because of the dumb crap going back and forth in this thread.

A small group believes no one is buying, and dealers are retarded and holding the bag, meanwhile, dealers are selling their cars for profit, and don't care what 4 people on RL believe. I said it in another thread, but if the sky is falling tomorrow, please show us your short position on Penske Auto Group, Autonation, and Sonic Automotive (they own Tactical Fleet). PAG and AN both own highline franchises like Porsche and the like.
1) Have you seen the 992 gt3's rotting on autotrader for months? All 160 of them currently for sale and only going up...

2) Carvana and Carmax are DECIMATED and used cars are more or less a leading indicator of what is to come. So maybe shorting Penske is a pretty good call lol

3) If run of the mill 992 gt3's which are the end of nothing, limited by nothing and being sold by a publicly traded company designed to pump as many as they can sell......If those going for MSRP is the sky is falling for you....then in your crazy delusion world, yeah the sky is in fact falling pretty quickly
Old 11-23-2022, 08:07 PM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,099 Likes on 1,011 Posts

One to watch
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
Old 11-23-2022, 08:12 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by welikethetrack
1) Have you seen the 992 gt3's rotting on autotrader for months? All 160 of them currently for sale and only going up...

2) Carvana and Carmax are DECIMATED and used cars are more or less a leading indicator of what is to come. So maybe shorting Penske is a pretty good call lol

3) If run of the mill 992 gt3's which are the end of nothing, limited by nothing and being sold by a publicly traded company designed to pump as many as they can sell......If those going for MSRP is the sky is falling for you....then in your crazy delusion world, yeah the sky is in fact falling pretty quickly
do you enjoy being wrong all the time?

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
The following 3 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
AlexCeres (11-23-2022), Jbravo23 (11-23-2022), Peruna (11-23-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 08:22 PM
AlexCeres
Rennlist Member

Received 1,701 Likes on 1,039 Posts

Lolz. “Nobody actually buys at 100k over”. Multiple bidders offering more than $100k over right now.
-eztrader- (11-24-2022)
Old 11-23-2022, 08:24 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
Lolz. “Nobody actually buys at 100k over”. Multiple bidders offering more than $100k over right now.
enter hyper sensitive insecure weliketrack

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM