Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 01:38 PM
maroli
Three Wheelin'

Received 471 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by Diablo Dude
1.) I never said that they were the same.
2.) I simply disagreed with your claim that they were not a "well-informed" buyer.
3.) The buyer at BMW of Cleveland clearly indicated in the comment section that he was going to be driving this car and putting miles on it. They're not planning to sell it at their dealership.
4.) But if you want to continue comparing both of those transactions on BAT, feel free to do so.
5.) I was simply countering the claim made by (some) that GT3 prices were "collapsing".
6.) Yes, I am aware that $85,000 is $25,000 less than $110,000. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.
7.) For someone that appears to pride themselves on identifying "value" and "well-informed" buyers, I cant help but notice that your

"I've picked up FB, ADBE, in the last few weeks and AFRM today" - - - post back in mid-March hasnt aged well at all. In fact, those stocks have been decimated.

Doesnt sound like you were all that "well-informed".
🧐
1) Well this is slightly confusing. You referenced another transaction in your reply to me and ask if they were also uninformed. Are we supposed to infer that we aren't supposed to compare the transaction that you cited?
2) Thanks for the clarification, I suspected that your position was disagreeing with my statement when you replied with 'Are they also uninformed?' but now I'm 100% clear. From my perspective, I think they're uninformed because I've seen multiple tourings trade hands for less than 110k over or go RNM below that mark. To illustrate my point, here the 6 most recent touring results I could find other than the $110k one for the last couple months. Please point out where the average ADM is compared to the $110k transaction. In my mind, if you're paying more than other people for the car, that makes you uninformed. Or is the assertion that the pricing has improved on 992 GT3s in the last 2 months and this guy is somehow ahead of the game?
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gt3-touring-1/
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...2-gt3-touring/
https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...gt3-touring-3/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gt3-touring-2/
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...omments-anchor
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gt3-touring-6/
3) That's good, more people should drive these. Very curious as to what that has anything to do with what I'm saying? If anything, you're more willing to pay over market for a car you'll love and keep vs trying to squeeze a margin from
4) I've expanded the list of 'comparisons' so let me know your thoughts there
5) I never made that claim and frankly don't agree. It's definitely decreasing but a collapse to implies something much more dramatic than what has so far occurred
6.) Again, you posted that transaction in your reply and then asked if they were also uninformed. If GT3 pricing moved down by $25k overnight, there would certainly be a reaction because that's a decent difference. Not sure how you wanted me to answer the question other than 'I take it back, this guy who paid $25k less was informed and so is the guy who paid $25k more than him' because that's the equivalency we're working with?
7) well this is fun - someone hasn't gone through my post history I think since I was on MMA forums as a 20-year old so thank you for the nostalgia. A lot of people work in finance on this forum or went to school for it etc - as a CFA / MBA and working in an investment bank, so did I (although I'm sure there are others on here who are more senior to me in this regard), but as everyone was taught; picking stocks is very tough. Luckily most of my portfolio is passive and I de-risked middle of 2021 by selling all tech. I bought in earlier this year for about 15% of my portfolio and that's taken a good whack as you noted. At any rate, I'm curious as to how you see paying a high price for a car where there are existing precedent transactions to benchmark against is equivalent to being able to directionally call individual stocks? So given that 95% of people can't beat an index over a decade by picking stocks, you're saying that proportion of the population is also unqualified to look at a price paid for a car vs other transactions and draw the conclusion that it appears to be over market. Got it.

On the whole, your reply seems to be rather emotionally-laden and in response to a comparatively innocuous original statement. You might be quite young or something and responding emotionally or just misdirecting anger based on other people's views but this concludes what I think was my longest ever post on Rennlist (I'm sure we can rely on you to go through my post history and verify though)
The following 3 users liked this post by maroli:
lawrence1 (11-09-2022), RealityGT (11-08-2022), WCGhost (11-09-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 01:46 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by maroli
On the whole, your reply seems to be rather emotionally-laden and in response to a comparatively innocuous original statement. You might be quite young or something and responding emotionally or just misdirecting anger based on other people's views but this concludes what I think was my longest ever post on Rennlist (I'm sure we can rely on you to go through my post history and verify though)
My impression is that Diablo already bought a GT car and paid ADM for it, and now his agenda is try to keep prices pumped up.
The following 3 users liked this post by Manifold:
lawrence1 (11-09-2022), maroli (11-08-2022), WCGhost (11-09-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 02:20 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,405 Posts

This thread summary; the guys with the most to say, have the least GT3

What a dumpster fire
The following 3 users liked this post by PTS:
-eztrader- (11-09-2022), carcommander (11-08-2022), Diablo Dude (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 03:50 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Manifold
My impression is that Diablo already bought a GT car and paid ADM for it, and now his agenda is try to keep prices pumped up.
Damn.... you got me!

I'm desperately trying to keep prices up with my posts on an anonymous message board on the internet.
Do you ever listen to yourself post at all?

Or are you gonna spend another 3 hours posting about whether or not people should be able to drive a GT3RS on the track with their windows up or down?
lol

Old 11-08-2022, 03:54 PM
Manifold
Rennlist Member

Location: Mid-Atlantic (on land, not in the middle of the ocean)
Received 4,472 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Damn.... you got me!

I'm desperately trying to keep prices up with my posts on an anonymous message board on the internet.
Do you ever listen to yourself post at all?

Or are you gonna spend another 3 hours posting about whether or not people should be able to drive a GT3RS on the track with their windows up or down?
lol
I'm looking to sell and buy GT cars, so interested in discussion about prices.

Why are you in this thread? Are you looking to buy or sell? Why do you frequently present arguments that prices will stay high? Why do you care about prices?
Old 11-08-2022, 03:58 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 865 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS
This thread summary; the guys with the most to say, have the least GT3

What a dumpster fire
Don't disagree - and yet here you are too
The following 2 users liked this post by rodsky:
Manifold (11-08-2022), RealityGT (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 04:04 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,281 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Originally Posted by Manifold
I'm looking to sell and buy GT cars, so interested in discussion about prices.

Why are you in this thread? Are you looking to buy or sell? Why do you frequently present arguments that prices will stay high? Why do you care about prices?
I've already told you this, but you must not have been listening.

I've been trading/investing in the financial markets since 1980 and have always enjoyed discussing the price "discovery" of assets, any asset.
Apparently, that appears to ruffle your feathers. And for some bizarre reason, you seem to imply that only people without a GT3 should be posting in this thread.
That makes no sense at all.

It makes about as much sense as people here really believing that GT3 owners would reveal the ADM that they paid.
In fact, it makes about as much sense as someone like yourself claiming that I'm trying to desperately keep prices up via posting on a message board. 😂

It should be obvious why no one actually posts what they've paid (see Freddie's post above)..
And yet this thread has gone on for 193 pages.

People are either rich enough not to care, paid way too much than they really could afford and are embarrassed, or simply dont want to **** off their dealer and sales rep given that
other GT3's have been sold by the same dealership for higher ADM's and those clients are posters here.

This will be my final post on this thread.
But you go right ahead and keep doing "you".

Last edited by Diablo Dude; 11-08-2022 at 04:34 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:44 PM
PTS
Rennlist Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,405 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Don't disagree - and yet here you are too
With the least to say...because I'm out enjoying my GT3
Old 11-08-2022, 04:45 PM
WenigerAberBeser
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 739 Posts

Although this thread is called “ADM”… it’s really just a market pricing discussion, so I’d assume both current owners of GT cars and potential owners would be interested.
The following 2 users liked this post by WenigerAberBeser:
azzurri (11-09-2022), Kinkola (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 04:45 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 700 Likes on 451 Posts

I've already told you this, but you must not have been listening.
Apparently, that appears to ruffle your feathers.

But you go right ahead and keep doing "you".

Turkey Day is right around the corner!!
Old 11-08-2022, 07:12 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but one piece of info that was mentioned by
(see around 17’00 mark) caught my attention: the EU 7 revised standard for emission caps may have stalled (after heavy lobbying of European car manufacturers) in the EU Commission that was driving this review.

As a result, it seems that there is now a chance that NA engines like the one used in the GT could survive a bit longer… which gives me some renewed hope that there will be a 992.2 with the same engine/drive train as the .1… and maybe even in the future generations of GT cars. All of that could obviously come temper the feeling of “these are the last of this breed” thinking, which in turn would (hopefully) also come tamper the amount of ADMs.

May be it is hopeless wishing on my part… but who knows (yet)?

Last edited by GTTROIS; 11-08-2022 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:50 PM
Joe mac
Rennlist Member

Received 117 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by neoprufrok
There's like 6 people posting on this thread consistently. And I'm here like

While I like posting about adding more miles to my 30k mile 991.2 Touring.. I do enjoy reading ADM threads because of the information and disinformation being thrown about. And of course the political bashing of both sides. **** guys - things aren't looking great for car prices but it's unclear where we will land. Anyone who knows.. .please PM me.

hilariously acurate post on all fronts. what I love about forums (RL and FChat as examples) is that you NEED those who just post thinking everyone cares about their every word in order to have a forum.
Old 11-09-2022, 11:31 AM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gt3-touring-5/

GT3T already at 80k over MSRP (including 5k BAT fee) with 6 days to go.
The following 2 users liked this post by rusmani:
Diablo Dude (11-09-2022), Freddie Two Bs (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 11:38 AM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,790 Likes on 725 Posts

Originally Posted by rusmani
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...gt3-touring-5/

GT3T already at 80k over MSRP (including 5k BAT fee) with 6 days to go.

SMH, don’t you know? Just more misinformed bidders.

There’s guys on Rennlist that can get a touring spec’d for you for a 10k fee. Supposedly save you tens of thousands.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
bpeacock (11-09-2022), Diablo Dude (11-09-2022), Peruna (11-09-2022), PTS (11-09-2022)
Old 11-09-2022, 11:39 AM
rusmani
Racer

Received 345 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
SMH, don’t you know? Just more misinformed bidders.

There’s guys on Rennlist that can get a touring spec’d for you for a 10k fee. Supposedly save you tens of thousands.
Haha oh I heard! I'm still waiting on a response. Must be busy getting the other 25 people their GT3s...
The following 3 users liked this post by rusmani:
bpeacock (11-09-2022), Diablo Dude (11-09-2022), Peruna (11-09-2022)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM