Racer

Received 344 Likes on 157 Posts

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/cr...65a-story.html

Old 05-15-2021, 06:05 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,235 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
There are less and less buyers in lieu of "investors". Even so called enthusiasts are not driving these cars, let alone take them for track days. If You see a GT car at a less absurd price, it was tracked and/or has a tainted title. While the latter is justified, the former should be the general rule for those models, not the exception. So, even if you'd like to take your car to the track frequently, the whole valuation may hinder that for some track rats. Which feedbacks the low mile/high resale price. I see that in track days. Lots of parked GT cars, and those on the track are slowly driven (for whatever reason).

It's important to name the dealers doing the ADM and how much, not only to be able to shop around, but also gauge the new market. That should add pressure on the 991 market eventually, which is an excellent track car. Maybe then those machines would do what they're designed to do.
I'm that guy. My GT3 will have at least 3000 miles on it and three track days before it ever sees my garage and that's going to happen in the first month. Doing European Delivery and hitting Nürburgring and SPA and then shipping it to Philadelphia after ED and then my son and I will be driving it to the Tail of the Dragon and then Birmingham for some track time. I live in NOLA.

Paid MSRP. No sales tax either. Probably the best deal on the forum. Not selling or flipping - until the last NA manual GT3 comes out. Then I will pay whatever ADM I need to....and that will be my last Porsche. #notaninvestment.
The following users liked this post:
SantaFePorsche (05-17-2021)
Old 05-15-2021, 06:23 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,374 Likes on 748 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
I'm that guy. My GT3 will have at least 3000 miles on it and three track days before it ever sees my garage and that's going to happen in the first month. Doing European Delivery and hitting Nürburgring and SPA and then shipping it to Philadelphia after ED and then my son and I will be driving it to the Tail of the Dragon and then Birmingham for some track time. I live in NOLA.

Paid MSRP. No sales tax either. Probably the best deal on the forum. Not selling or flipping - until the last NA manual GT3 comes out. Then I will pay whatever ADM I need to....and that will be my last Porsche. #notaninvestment.
Good for you, enjoy in good health. Those cars were meant to be cars. If I get one (not happening) I would do the same. Hit the track every chance I have, even in Chicagoland.
For the purpose I want, a 991.2 gt3 would be excellent, but not even that can be had within reason.
Old 05-15-2021, 06:40 PM
touringGT3
Pro

Received 296 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter

Once the Touring is announced and my allocation is finalized, mine will be the 2nd best deal on the forum.
Old 05-17-2021, 02:16 PM
Jbravo23
Rennlist Member

Received 1,772 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by ryandarr1979
Porsche Norwell got six allocations. Five are spoken for and one is available. I don’t know if it’s locked yet, but it’s a Nardo Grey PTS car. They said $30k ADM.
Originally Posted by rhk118
Hahaha....I'm on their "list" and haven't heard a peep from them....must have had someone build that car and walk....otherwise why would a dealer spec one of these so soon...apparently they not very good at working down their list...so once again what's the point? (maybe its the fact I mentioned the 991.2 isn't on the table )
Originally Posted by chong0
I was told all had ADM.

When I picked up my 992 they said 35k ADM so maybe they are coming down?
Originally Posted by konaforever
Thanks for the info. Guess I won't contact them for a GT3 RS allocation.
i was there this past weekend. That car is now at 50k over. Nardo, pdk, 18 ways. 🤣🤣🤣 I don’t care how much money you have that’s an awful spec for 50k over.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jbravo23:
chong0 (05-18-2021), michaeldorian (05-17-2021), rhk118 (05-19-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 02:43 PM
konaforever
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Jbravo23
i was there this past weekend. That car is now at 50k over. Nardo, pdk, 18 ways. 🤣🤣🤣 I don’t care how much money you have that’s an awful spec for 50k over.
Wow.
Old 05-17-2021, 03:59 PM
s1mplee
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
^THIS. I called and wrote PCNA recently imploring them to open a PEC Norcal and let me order direct. I walk into our local dealers no one even tries to be helpful (sitting around joking) or followup as they have no cars and way more demand then they care to service. They don't look for a car for you, help you with test drives or testing seat options, zero. They are useless sales appendages, and we here know more than their "brand ambassadors." I think it is their future if they can get past regulatory issues.

As a funny aside, at one of the local dealers mentioned here I was told "I can recite you the book on the electrics and hybrids, but why bother. Jury is out on those gaining traction anyway. We don't even invest in hybrids, that's why we don't have any". this ignorance from a dealer in the most eco-focused state arguably in NA. Is this the partner Porsche wants in the field...?

Absolutely true!!! When I was searching for a USED gt3 last year I pulled into a dealership and they couldn’t give me the time of day. All of them except for a newly hired SA continued to sit around their conference table and joke around. (Table is in the middle of the showroom)

They didn’t bother to acknowledge me, when I tried to flag for help they basically tried to just look the other way. Myself and my brother both pulled up together and we were in respectable cars too so it wasn’t like we didn’t “look the part”

BMW next door to this place blows them out of the water.
IRunalot (05-17-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by s1mplee
Absolutely true!!! When I was searching for a USED gt3 last year I pulled into a dealership and they couldn’t give me the time of day. All of them except for a newly hired SA continued to sit around their conference table and joke around. (Table is in the middle of the showroom)

They didn’t bother to acknowledge me, when I tried to flag for help they basically tried to just look the other way. Myself and my brother both pulled up together and we were in respectable cars too so it wasn’t like we didn’t “look the part”

Sounds like all Audi dealers I've been. Maybe it's a VW thing...
Old 05-17-2021, 04:22 PM
s1mplee
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
Sounds like all Audi dealers I've been. Maybe it's a VW thing...
It may be! I don’t own an Audi but I’ve had similar experiences there.

Lambo however was great to me for my first purchase. Test drove without even giving them my ID and insurance. Half a year later I was in for something else and my guy SA literally tossed me keys to a brand new Urus when it first launched. Told me to come back in 30mins while we fix your tire.
michaeldorian (05-19-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 04:46 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Bentley, rolls and Ferrari offered me from drive it home to show your wife to spend the weekend with the car. BMW would pick you home to test. The best I managed with Audi was to sit in a Q7. That's in 4 dealers in 3 different cities. I have a decent relationship with my Porsche dealer, as it should after 7 cars, but I'm not sure if it would be the same if I started from scratch. No allocation for any GT car, of course.
michaeldorian (05-19-2021)
Old 05-17-2021, 09:30 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

Received 218 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by direkallan
Once the Touring is announced and my allocation is finalized, mine will be the 2nd best deal on the forum.
That’s a big statement without much information. Don’t be so sure.....
Old 05-18-2021, 12:37 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,666 Likes on 2,331 Posts

^ he prolly paid invoice like I did
Freddie Two Bs (05-18-2021)
Old 05-18-2021, 12:40 PM
helothere
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

someone said Rusnak at 50k,
i'm told 30k for regular build, 50k for PTS.
Old 05-18-2021, 11:01 PM
NCheok
Rennlist Member

Received 772 Likes on 453 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by Chris C.
I called and wrote PCNA recently imploring them to open a PEC Norcal and let me order direct.
Apologies, how does this solve anything? The dealership could be next door to you and charge you $100K over ADM and have the best service you can imagine, would you still buy?

Matter of fact, if a dealership offered a 992 GT3 at MSRP and it's located in the wilderness, everyone will still flock to it.

That dealership does not exist, every dealer has overhead costs and the downturn of Covid to wear, now that they have a product they can use to help recover that overhead, you bet they will do their best to milk it.

If Porsche wanted to sell direct, they would. The dealership experience (lack of a better term for better or worse) is the route to market Porsche has decided and no amount of feedback will change it.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:25 AM
michaeldorian
Rennlist Member

Received 517 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by s1mplee

Exact same thing happened to me. I stopped by and just wanted to see a used GT3 that was listed on Autotrader. Dealer treated me like dirt. No one gave me the time of day. Eventually someone spoke to me and was condescending as all heck. Acted like I know nothing about the car even though I mentioned I’ve been researching for years. Wouldn’t pull the car out for me to see the color, and then simply just started saying maybe I should start out with a base Boxster or Cayman first. And there is a pecking order. Maybe it was because I was wearing jeans and a hoodie. Told him I have zero interest in non GT cars and left. The elitist attitudes at these dealers are so bad. Even if someone walks in because they are still dreaming, you should treat them like a future enthusiast or owner. It’s so bad for the brand.

Last edited by michaeldorian; 05-19-2021 at 06:09 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by michaeldorian:
Freddie Two Bs (05-19-2021), gator99sky (12-24-2022), IRunalot (05-20-2021), Spike Spiegel (12-30-2021)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM