Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A place to discuss all things ADM

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2021 | 02:16 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by treynor
The list of new cars I've personally bought from Ferrari at MSRP so far includes a LaFerrari, LaFerrari Aperta, F12, F12 TDF, 812 GTS, SF90, SF90 Spider, 458 Spider, 458 Speciale, 458 Speciale Aperta, 488 Pista, 488 Pista Spider, FXX-K, and I'm probably forgetting a couple more. I've never even heard of a Ferrari dealer asking over MSRP for a new Ferrari from any of the many other owners I know personally. I've also never seen a picture of a new Ferrari with an ADM window sticker or an ADM contract - ever.

Based on observed data, I assess that Ferrari uses an internal decision process to allocate cars where demand exceeds supply, while Porsche dealers (and most others) use price. Both produce the result of clearing the market supply/demand picture. The former results in people who weren't selected by Ferrari lamenting that they can't get a car, while the latter results in ADM threads like this one
Impressive list - enjoy them in good health.
Old 06-19-2021 | 02:17 AM
-eztrader-
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by carcommander
I've owned a bunch of Ferrari's too. Ferrari decides who gets the LAF's etc. When I inquired about the Pista i was informed that I had to buy a Portofino too. And, I have a relationship with the dealer. So the game is just different.
yup -One of the different ADM games they play

Last edited by -eztrader-; 06-30-2021 at 01:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2021 | 09:19 AM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

My dealer wanted $60K over initially, which I declined. I called back recently and they’re down to $35K (or $25K with a GT3 watch) and willing to give me full MSRP on my manual 992 trade. It seems like maybe some of the GT3 pressure is easing off due to the GTS release. My hunch is ADMs will come down further for those who wait, though the risk is always you won’t get one at all.
Old 06-28-2021 | 09:35 AM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by wintershade
My dealer wanted $60K over initially, which I declined. I called back recently and they’re down to $35K (or $25K with a GT3 watch) and willing to give me full MSRP on my manual 992 trade. It seems like maybe some of the GT3 pressure is easing off due to the GTS release. My hunch is ADMs will come down further for those who wait, though the risk is always you won’t get one at all.
Was that for a 2021 delivery?
Actual in hand allocation, or features?
Old 06-28-2021 | 09:45 AM
phow
Pro

Honestly, I hesitated for a moment when I saw the new GTS and lightweight package... I still want the Touring but this could be a good “hold me over” option instead of grabbing a 991 GT3T.

But I could definitely see others who were leaning GT3, going for the GTS instead. It’s probably the closest in between of a Carrera and GT car I have seen. If the GTS ever gets the 4.0 like the 718, that might just be the perfect 911.
The following users liked this post:
cox1974 (07-04-2021)
Old 06-28-2021 | 11:39 AM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SBARacing
Was that for a 2021 delivery?
Actual in hand allocation, or features?
Actual allocation for Nov/Dev delivery. I don’t want a car until Spring/Summer though because I can’t stand the idea of looking at the car in the garage all winter. My Touring “allocation” at another dealership is just a spot on a list, but I’m pretty confident they’ll pull through. I just think I’m kind of over the Touring craze.
GT3 Mike (06-30-2021)
Old 06-29-2021 | 10:09 PM
chance6
Race Car

Full MSRP on your 992 trade?? Wow that's actually like only about a $15K ADM. Not too shabby.
Old 06-29-2021 | 10:24 PM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

What do you mean a $15K ADM? Is that because a nicely specced immediately available C4S is still over MSRP?

To be able to sell any used non-collectible car over sticker is a fluke phenomenon. I would consider myself exceptionally luck to drive a car for a few months and trade it for full value forwards another car I want even more. That’s not a sustainable market situation.

I also have no desire to sell a car on my own. The hassle time is worth whatever “value” I forfeit by not gouging someone else myself.
Old 06-29-2021 | 10:25 PM
NYCGT3
Pro

I think that’s a very fair offer. What is your hesitation? It seems to work out to about a $10K -$15KADM….as chance6 mentioned. You’re getting more than your current car is worth, to offset the ADM, and depending on the state, a tax advantage. Would you prefer they offer you no ADM And the customary $20k less than MSRP for your trade? Wow!

Last edited by NYCGT3; 06-29-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old 06-30-2021 | 12:54 AM
chance6
Race Car

I mean it's the delta between car price and the trade-in...If the ADM is $35K but the trade-in is high, like MSRP, you're really at an ADM like $15K or so...not terrible. They're making more money on the sale of the GT car...which reminds me, I wonder if the dealers get extra kickbacks for selling GT cars?? Not sure on that one.
Old 06-30-2021 | 03:02 AM
Ninja_Bum
Advanced

Originally Posted by phow
Honestly, I hesitated for a moment when I saw the new GTS and lightweight package... I still want the Touring but this could be a good “hold me over” option instead of grabbing a 991 GT3T.

But I could definitely see others who were leaning GT3, going for the GTS instead. It’s probably the closest in between of a Carrera and GT car I have seen. If the GTS ever gets the 4.0 like the 718, that might just be the perfect 911.
I did until I optioned one and the price was like 180k+ and just thought about how that's starting to be back in lightly optioned GT3 turf, so I released that idea back into the river.
Old 06-30-2021 | 07:05 AM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ninja_Bum
I did until I optioned one and the price was like 180k+ and just thought about how that's starting to be back in lightly optioned GT3 turf, so I released that idea back into the river.
Big difference between a turbo and NA engine, plus the double wishbone suspension. No brainer.
Old 07-02-2021 | 11:36 AM
Perimeter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by treynor
The list of new cars I've personally bought from Ferrari at MSRP so far includes a LaFerrari, LaFerrari Aperta, F12, F12 TDF, 812 GTS, SF90, SF90 Spider, 458 Spider, 458 Speciale, 458 Speciale Aperta, 488 Pista, 488 Pista Spider, FXX-K, and I'm probably forgetting a couple more. I've never even heard of a Ferrari dealer asking over MSRP for a new Ferrari from any of the many other owners I know personally. I've also never seen a picture of a new Ferrari with an ADM window sticker or an ADM contract - ever.

Based on observed data, I assess that Ferrari uses an internal decision process to allocate cars where demand exceeds supply, while Porsche dealers (and most others) use price. Both produce the result of clearing the market supply/demand picture. The former results in people who weren't selected by Ferrari lamenting that they can't get a car, while the latter results in ADM threads like this one
Agreed, the Ferrari process is well defined and buyers know where they stand.
A Ferrari dealer is punished if they charge an ADM as it is against corporate policy.
Porsche corporate could do the same but they refuse to. Especially after DieselGate where the lure of easy money at Porsche seems to have a very strong appeal. With Porsche, it is the Wild West which has such a potential to leave a bad taste in the buyer's mouth as buyer's feel they are gettng squeezed for every drop. These can be Dealership owners who came from prior owning Honda dealerships and tactics, such as the history of Porsche Chandler, AZ

As a contrast Ferrari is all about a wonderful buying experience, although admittedly quite pricey.
If you have ever met Anna at Atelier Ferrari you know what I mean, she sets up simulation and real views, then tailors suggestions for you.

I bought into Porsche Chandler doing $240k of GT car business in the first 4 months of them opening their doors May1 2016. I was then told to my face, shook hands, and confirmed by the Sales Manager Aaron Z that I was on the 991.2 GT3 car list. Within 3 months he and most sales staff had departed, nobody knew my name and repeated calls and emails were stiff armed as "No GT3 for you".
They rejected my suggestion to take my name for a waitng list as a cash buyer.
The salesman claimed the Porsche Chandler dealership owner had comandeered control of the GT3 car allocation list and would not honor any prior owner verbals, he was giving cars to his friends and staff had no authority to the list.

I went onto the secondary maket and paid $30k plus costs for an allocation out of State.
Porsche cars are great but I'll never buy another because of USA dealer games.
Not even a Taycan as I build my Solar grid

With Ferrari's new 296GTB announcement this week I'm really excited about the innovation and low CG, so I am selling my last Porsche.
The GT3 truly is a fantastic and iconic car but it is so sad that Porsche Germany accepts such bad behaviour by their dealers and the Champion debacle should have been a wake up call - but has anyone seen any changes?

Last edited by Perimeter; 07-02-2021 at 11:41 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Perimeter:
AlexCeres (07-02-2021), George from MD (11-14-2023)
Old 07-02-2021 | 11:49 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Bought my 718 GT4 out of state from Chandler Porsche and had a very good experience, but that’s just one transaction. Aaron Z is now the GM here in Monterey and, based on my interactions with him so far, he seems like a good guy who represents the dealership well.
AlexCeres (07-02-2021)
Old 07-02-2021 | 01:11 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Perimeter
Agreed, the Ferrari process is well defined and buyers know where they stand.
A Ferrari dealer is punished if they charge an ADM as it is against corporate policy.
Porsche corporate could do the same but they refuse to. Especially after DieselGate where the lure of easy money at Porsche seems to have a very strong appeal. With Porsche, it is the Wild West which has such a potential to leave a bad taste in the buyer's mouth as buyer's feel they are gettng squeezed for every drop. These can be Dealership owners who came from prior owning Honda dealerships and tactics, such as the history of Porsche Chandler, AZ

As a contrast Ferrari is all about a wonderful buying experience, although admittedly quite pricey.
If you have ever met Anna at Atelier Ferrari you know what I mean, she sets up simulation and real views, then tailors suggestions for you.

I bought into Porsche Chandler doing $240k of GT car business in the first 4 months of them opening their doors May1 2016. I was then told to my face, shook hands, and confirmed by the Sales Manager Aaron Z that I was on the 991.2 GT3 car list. Within 3 months he and most sales staff had departed, nobody knew my name and repeated calls and emails were stiff armed as "No GT3 for you".
They rejected my suggestion to take my name for a waitng list as a cash buyer.
The salesman claimed the Porsche Chandler dealership owner had comandeered control of the GT3 car allocation list and would not honor any prior owner verbals, he was giving cars to his friends and staff had no authority to the list.

I went onto the secondary maket and paid $30k plus costs for an allocation out of State.
Porsche cars are great but I'll never buy another because of USA dealer games.
Not even a Taycan as I build my Solar grid

With Ferrari's new 296GTB announcement this week I'm really excited about the innovation and low CG, so I am selling my last Porsche.
The GT3 truly is a fantastic and iconic car but it is so sad that Porsche Germany accepts such bad behaviour by their dealers and the Champion debacle should have been a wake up call - but has anyone seen any changes?

Agree fully on Porsche's bush league dealers and poor experiences.

No manual on 296 or I might be interested. Gorgeous.
AlexCeres (07-03-2021)

Quick Reply: A place to discuss all things ADM