Sponsored by:

992 GT car specs

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 04:01 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Received 1,019 Likes on 645 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
LOL, that post was like writing your girlfriend a poem, filling it with how to cook a hot dog and a bunch of insults about how you're actually really can't stand her family in the middle because you figure she's not really reading the whole thing, and then ending the whole thing with the rest of the poem.
Maybe However, numbers don't lie - and the media, quite rightly feature in the lowest quartile of nearly every trust/honesty/professionalism survey known to man

When you set up a RS, the best way to do it is to carryout lots of logging over the types of circuits and courses you're likely to compete on - then make adjustments accordingly. What you don't do is read a bunch of articles about the RS and do it on the basis of those articles. Likewise when you design a car, if you listened to the motoring media everyone would be driving V12s, with manual transmissions, rock hard suspension and rack and pinion steering - they would of course have flow through race exhausts. Because feel and noise. The finished product would be a horror story.

Thankfully, the smart people in the room understand - (1) how to collect data and (2) how to analyse data to produce (3) a series of outcomes which are then (4) communicated effectively. Perhaps most importantly, this process informs them about the next key questions to ask.

Hence you find Porsche test mules running round the ring full of sensors and different types of data logger Thats why the next RS will be quicker than the outgoing RS. Because it will be built by people that look at data and more importantly understand it and last time I looked Journalists (or rather media personalities) weren't building Porsche sports cars..............or running countries, thankfully.

Given the RSR has gone to 4.2L - I would anticipate that would flow into the next RS. Pushing peak torque to nearly 500Nm

Last edited by groundhog; 04-26-2020 at 04:45 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 11:37 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,542 Likes on 5,065 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
LOL, that post was like writing your girlfriend a poem, filling it with how to cook a hot dog and a bunch of insults about how you're actually really can't stand her family in the middle because you figure she's not really reading the whole thing, and then ending the whole thing with the rest of the poem.
You actually read it?

The whole thing?

I stopped at "Well, I got up"
The following users liked this post:
Ukkid74 (04-28-2020)
Old 04-27-2020, 12:51 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
You actually read it?

The whole thing?

I stopped at "Well, I got up"
Even an American journalist should be able to understand the table and they make a box of hammers look smart 😀.

Thats the point of the table - a snapshot of the truth at a certain point in time that even a journalist or media personality should be able to understand. It’s occams razor taken to your media.

There are also some very interesting numbers that are not in the public domain. 😀

You can lead a horse to water........but of course your statement is entirely consistent with your username 😀

“In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act” - George Orwell - who was both a man of intellectual stature and a Journalist a double rarely achieved.

Back to the mid - engine, ~ 500Nm 992 GT3 RS.

Last edited by groundhog; 04-27-2020 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-27-2020, 08:07 AM
Porschian
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rxpert
If they make a RS model both NA and with a manual option:

PORSCHE: TAKE MY MONEY!!!!

What are the chances of a regular person getting one though??? Most likely better odds at winning the lottery to afford the ADM!
Porsches are made for regular people.
I would argue their philosophy is the same as Volkswagen’s; they just delved more into racing and low volume production.

Last edited by Porschian; 04-27-2020 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:24 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 349 Likes on 176 Posts

If it’s a Tribute for a few, people will complain and if it’s a Tribute for many, people will complain. The more things change the more they stay the same as the GT cycle begins anew. This time around I am only spectating. My .2 has checked all the boxes I want and can afford. The upcoming GT cars will undoubtedly be worthy successors, but the pricing remains to be determined. I am not in the market for a $250-$300K RS or Tribute to replace my GT3
Old 04-28-2020, 10:02 PM
Bobby 911
Banned

Received 356 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschian
Porsches are made for regular people.
I’ll bet most regular people don’t quite see it that way.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:52 AM
rickman_fr
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
I’d be surprised if the 2.7RS tribute doesn’t have a Manual option. Also, let’s not forget it’s also 50th Anniversary of first RSR (2.8)...
expected too but I'm not personally convinced by a manual RS anymore and you're right with the 2.8 RSR birthday pespective.
So I wouldn't be surprised by a 992 4.2 RSR no street legal as Porsche have already done with a the club sport edition based on the regular 991 GT2 RS.
Old 04-29-2020, 12:50 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by rickman_fr
expected too but I'm not personally convinced by a manual RS anymore
When was the last Limited Edition PDK-only 911? They know the crowd that spends big money on these limited edition 911's want Manual (911R, Speedster, etc)…

I guess the Exclusive Edition Turbo is the exception that proves the rule

Last edited by GrantG; 04-29-2020 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:40 PM
rickman_fr
Rennlist Member

When was the last Limited Edition PDK-only 911? They know the crowd that spends big money on these limited edition 911's want Manual (911R, Speedster, etc)…

I guess the Exclusive Edition Turbo is the exception that proves the rule
GT3 RS is and must remain the big dog for NA models.
that’s why I think manual is not good for the RS as it can be for roads limited models like R and speedster
Old 04-29-2020, 10:31 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,941 Likes on 2,799 Posts

Originally Posted by rickman_fr
GT3 RS is and must remain the big dog for NA models.
that’s why I think manual is not good for the RS as it can be for roads limited models like R and speedster
Carrera RS and GT3 RS are not necessarily the same model
Old 04-29-2020, 11:11 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,293 Likes on 681 Posts

Carrera RS and GT3 RS are not necessarily the same model
agree.

Its very likely that the 50th anniversary RS is a special limited run edition, separate from the standard 992 RS, so none of modern RS rules will apply.

I expect the 50th anniversary RS to be manual only, and the regular 992 RS to remain PDK only. Perfect way to satisfy both parties, while still holding the line regarding PDK-S being the only choice for their ultimate road legal track car.
The following users liked this post:
JAhmed (05-06-2020)
Old 04-30-2020, 02:47 PM
rickman_fr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Drifting
agree.

Its very likely that the 50th anniversary RS is a special limited run edition, separate from the standard 992 RS, so none of modern RS rules will apply.

I expect the 50th anniversary RS to be manual only, and the regular 992 RS to remain PDK only. Perfect way to satisfy both parties, while still holding the line regarding PDK-S being the only choice for their ultimate road legal track car.
I agree too
Old 05-03-2020, 06:18 AM
groundhog
Race Car

Originally Posted by Drifting
agree.

Entirely sensible
Old 05-16-2020, 03:02 PM
Superfans
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
That could mean rear seats for GT cars...
Anyone has any info on the potential rear seat for the 992 GT3 (at least can Porsche allow it as an option for the customer to decide whether they want it)?
Old 05-16-2020, 07:11 PM
Rxpert
Rennlist Member

Received 401 Likes on 207 Posts

Originally Posted by Superfans
Anyone has any info on the potential rear seat for the 992 GT3 (at least can Porsche allow it as an option for the customer to decide whether they want it)?
I thought the entire rear seat idea was just wishful thinking here on Rennlist. Unless someone’s cleaning lady’s room-mate has a lead on a rumor?!?!?!?

For what it’s worth, I’m in the camp that would support it offered as a cost option.

Quick Reply: 992 GT car specs