Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 03:31 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Maybe one of the forum sponsors can chime in.
Great idea, would love more information on how the order process works. When I ordered my Macan, I received a call in two days with an allocation and build time-frame. Upon ordering my Targa, the order is just an "order demand". My SA told me it lets Porsche know that we have an order ready for them to build??
Old 03-15-2016, 05:24 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone know if the new 991.2's have this light strip between the tail lights or not. I have seen a few pictures with the light but the majority do not have it. I am hoping not.

Old 03-15-2016, 05:29 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
Does anyone know if the new 991.2's have this light strip between the tail lights or not. I have seen a few pictures with the light but the majority do not have it. I am hoping not.

C4 and C4S YES
C2 and C2S NO
Targas (I think in your case) YES
Old 03-15-2016, 05:43 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all 4 wheel drive models have the strip....
Old 03-15-2016, 06:01 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Thanks!

I didn't know that was the case. Now I see.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:08 PM
mb1
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
all 4 wheel drive models have the strip....
Not exactly. The "real" Turbo is AWD and without the strip.
Old 03-15-2016, 06:10 PM
LCW
Pro

Fair enough... I should have said all models with the "4" in its name.. apologies
Old 03-15-2016, 06:24 PM
LCW
Pro

OK - friends... here is my latest news.

My car is currently on a ship which is to dock in Jacksonville, FL in about a week.

Through information provided in this forum by its fine members, I learned about the new customer delivery at PEC in Atlanta just as my car had finished production. PEC delivery was not previously available when I placed my order. So I contacted both PCNA and my dealer and PCNA was terrific and was able to reroute my vehicle to PEC for delivery there. So I have now been confirmed to take delivery the 4th week of April at the PEC. I understand I will be one of the first customers to take delivery at the PEC. Over the past several years, I have done three deliveries at the BMW performance center in SC which were all excellent experiences. I would think this will be at the very least as good. I will be taking delivery almost a month later than previously scheduled, but I think it is worth the wait as I expect it to be a terrific experience. Of course, I will report back to this forum regarding my experience once I am back.
For those of you who have orders in, you should be aware this is an option. For those of you who are considering placing orders, you now have the option of shopping your orders nationwide if you are willing / able to go to Atlanta to pick up your car....(you can also ship it for an additional charge).

thank you again to the fine members of this forum for the valuable information!
Old 03-15-2016, 10:01 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

And Mine is just about 20 km from the port of Cristobal Panama. Now I will get to watch the progress of a ship going through the Panama Canal. It is scheduled to dock in San Diego April 8th then on to Arizona.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:17 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, really thinking hard about this. My current build that has an MSRP of $154,500 for a Targa4S. I am literally 15K away from a 991.2 Turbo with the equipment I want. I pretty much can swing the 15K because l sold my Macan and currently banking the payment Plus!

Any thoughts on this?
Should stay with the Targa??
Old 03-18-2016, 02:01 PM
sirwilliamaye
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know my local dealership has 4 991.2's on the lot, one being a customer build, but not able to sell them until after the Launch Party which is the 24th.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:03 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by sirwilliamaye
I know my local dealership has 4 991.2's on the lot, one being a customer build, but not able to sell them until after the Launch Party which is the 24th.

that is consistent with what we have been hearing.... did you drive one?
Old 03-18-2016, 02:11 PM
sirwilliamaye
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Yes and they are incredible. I drove a C4S with sport exhaust and instantly fell in love. Much louder on startup than the 991.1 S with sport exhaust. Zero turbo lag and the "push to pass" button is quite addicting.
Old 03-18-2016, 02:13 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by jackippo
Ok, really thinking hard about this. My current build that has an MSRP of $154,500 for a Targa4S. I am literally 15K away from a 991.2 Turbo with the equipment I want. I pretty much can swing the 15K because l sold my Macan and currently banking the payment Plus!

Any thoughts on this?
Should stay with the Targa??

In my mind a 10% price difference when you are up at that price point is not that significant. Having said that, not only are the two cars different in dynamics and performance, but they also give a completely different image. To me the Targa is simply stunning. A modern reincarnation of a classic that gives the message of "sophisticated, elegant gentleman". The Turbo is also a stunning car whose image is one of someone wanting the fastest, meanest machine... You are the only one who can answer that question. I would suspect you might get the turbo sooner, but a couple of months difference should not influence your decision when you are talking this kind of money....
this is just my two cents... since you asked... either way it will be a fabulous car...

let us know...

PS: I know you were concerned about finding an allocation for the Targa... I noticed quite a few dealers around the country have 2017 Targas and Turbos listed on their inventory... I don't know if they are sold or not... but there are a few...
Old 03-18-2016, 02:14 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LCW
Originally, I was told once it comes in I should be able to get it, but I am hearing the same now that it will need to wait till the "official" launch by Porsche in the US.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!