Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018 | 10:10 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by saundebn
About six week away from receiving my new C2S which is just about to hit the open ocean after sailing through the Irish Sea for the last day on Shanghai Highway and today I just sold my current DD off to a local dealership. Gone now is the 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman, manual transmission, British Racing Green and lots of fun to drive ... I'm back to driving a 2004 Acura MDX while I wait out the remainder of the delivery period. Was hard to give up the Mini ... did a reasonable job of keeping emotions in control while doing it but it will probably hit me over the weekend as I find myself at a loss for some immediate driving pleasure.

So, back to tracking a ship to keep my mind occupied ... oh wait, its just about out of AIS range so there will be nothing to track for the better part of the next 6 days

In the end, it will definitely be all worth the over six month wait
I've been stuck driving a Honda HRV since I pretraded my GT4 in August. But its an ok car actually. Bought it for my mother in law Christmas before last, but she passed in November so my wife wanted to keep it and its my DD.
Old 11-07-2018 | 10:24 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Originally Posted by eastsideguy75
If you want, you can still tracking - marine traffic and fleet mon have satellite coverage.
Yes, for a price you can get the satellite coverage (for example, $17 for one-month of single ship tracking at marinetraffic.com) but I'll survive without it since once it does come back into view near Canada, it will likely remain in view throughout most, if not all, of the rest of its journey.
Old 11-07-2018 | 11:02 PM
gdarrah99
Advanced

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
I discussed canceling PEC Atlanta delivery with my dealer. My impression is it's not easy to do it.
Turns out it's super easy. I canceled my LA PEC delivery today. They were looking to schedule deliveries in February for my car that arrives in Benecia on the Shanghai Highway (~12/6). LA PEC delivery would be cool, but it's just not worth a 2 month wait (to me). Option canceled; no cost.
Old 11-07-2018 | 11:16 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Just curious but do you get a refund of the $450 option cost?
Old 11-07-2018 | 11:35 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kage65
I want to stress to all those who are picky about their paint, DO NOT let the dealer wash your car - ever. Esp if its a black car. I took mine in for service and did not realize they were going to wash it afterwards, and hence did not tell them not to wash it. It came back with swirls / scratches all over my ppf film. The dealership "detailers" have no clue how to properly wash a car. I'm sure mine used the same low quality mitt and same soap and water to wash 10 other cars before he got to mine. I learned this lesson the hard way.
I totally agree with you, and am completely shocked at how a high end brand allows either low quality machines or just do a poor job with hand washing. I've had a couple of leased black Audis, and was completely flabbergasted at how the cars looked after the wash. The Porsche side of the business uses the same wash, and I do not let them machine wash either my Cayenne or 911. They will hand wash for me, but they leave the windows with a soapy film. You need to find a local detail shop, or just do it yourself.
Old 11-07-2018 | 11:40 PM
gdarrah99
Advanced

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Just curious but do you get a refund of the $450 option cost?
They just removed it from my options list; said that the car would be re-routed to the dealer when it arrives in port in December. Seems easy ... I hope nothing gets messed up!

Atlanta coordinates the PEC LA scheduling. The woman I spoke with was very nice, but said that LA has been super popular and that their current schedule (1 delivery/day, 4 days per week) is backing things up. I just wasn't willing to wait.
Old 11-07-2018 | 11:49 PM
good2go
Pro

Smile

My car is on a truck on its way to Minneapolis. Can't wait to see new car, can't wait to get winter tires on and full PPF wrap.
Old 11-07-2018 | 11:54 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good2go
My car is on a truck on its way to Minneapolis. Can't wait to see new car, can't wait to get winter tires on and full PPF wrap.
How did you find that out? I thought that once they are the port there is no telling when it will arrive at the dealer.
Old 11-08-2018 | 10:22 AM
good2go
Pro

Smile

How did you find that out? I thought that once they are the port there is no telling when it will arrive at the dealer.
Notice the last three statuses that are updated. Released to transportation, exit port and invoiced. Once it exits its on a truck. I know my dealer uses a closed transport. No idea how many cars it drops off on the way up or if all the cars are coming to Minneapolis.

Old 11-08-2018 | 10:29 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Thanks, but I knew the status updated as you have shown but it has still not made it into dealer inventory, and it appears it has been 10 days since it got into port. I guess what I was getting at is that my car should be in port tomorrow but there is no way to tell when it will get to the dealer - it has to get there by 11/17 for me to pick it up before I leave.
Old 11-08-2018 | 12:05 PM
saundebn
Instructor

After a bit more research, I discovered that Shanghai Highway is scheduled by K-Line to stop at Charleston SC on Nov 18 and eventually reach Yokohama on Dec 20. This all seems to fit with the PWL schedule for VW. So, after its Halifax stop on Nov 14, we now know that the ship will also stop in SC on its current voyage.
Old 11-08-2018 | 12:10 PM
good2go
Pro

Thanks, but I knew the status updated as you have shown but it has still not made it into dealer inventory, and it appears it has been 10 days since it got into port. I guess what I was getting at is that my car should be in port tomorrow but there is no way to tell when it will get to the dealer - it has to get there by 11/17 for me to pick it up before I leave.
I was surprised how long it took to exit port. But now that it exited I know next stop is at the dealer. Don’t know the exact date but it’s a 24 hour drive.

im hoping it shows up today or tomorrow.
Old 11-08-2018 | 12:38 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Mine passed inspection the second day at the port and got on the first transport to the dealer right after that, didn't take too long before it was out of the port. Picking it up tomorrow!

Old 11-09-2018 | 12:46 AM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by reacher
Mine passed inspection the second day at the port and got on the first transport to the dealer right after that, didn't take too long before it was out of the port. Picking it up tomorrow!

Nice, congrats... mine arrived today and will be ready tomorrow

Old 11-09-2018 | 03:38 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Default RE cancelling PEC Delivery

"Delivery Cancellation: A cancellation fee will be applied to orders once they are within 2 weeks of the delivery date. This will be in addition to the cost of transporting the vehicle to the purchasing dealer."

https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorspo...ournewporsche/

So, Porsche charges a fee when cancellation is w/in 2 weeks + charges you to transport to your local dealer.

IDK what happens if you cancel b4 the car gets on a ship @ Emden, I think no fees or transportation charges, since it s/b just paperwork.

If you cancel when the ship is in the middle of the ocean but, still more that 2 weeks from delivery? Maybe no fee but, you must pay any costs to transport the car from the port to your local dealer?

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!