Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 12:07 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by gdarrah99
There seem to be a lot of partial information/rumors about PEC delivery timing, but really none of them sound good. What options do we have if we weren't told it's a 1-2 month wait, and we don't want to wait that long after the car arrives in country? There's no cost savings, so maybe I keep the money and go do a regular PEC LA day some other time?

Has anyone canceled PEC delivery? Is it a pain to re-route the car to your dealership?
I discussed canceling PEC Atlanta delivery with my dealer. My impression is it's not easy to do it. But that's only my impression. I wasn't told that.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-07-2018, 12:11 AM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

PEC Atlanta delivery adds at least a month to the wait and Xpel added a further two weeks. My delivery changed from the end of the year into late January thru early February.

Dealer delivery is indeed much quicker.

The Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway will have to wait till spring when I head to our North Carolina cabin.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:06 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by gdarrah99
There seem to be a lot of partial information/rumors about PEC delivery timing, but really none of them sound good. What options do we have if we weren't told it's a 1-2 month wait, and we don't want to wait that long after the car arrives in country? There's no cost savings, so maybe I keep the money and go do a regular PEC LA day some other time?

Has anyone canceled PEC delivery? Is it a pain to re-route the car to your dealership?
I believe I read that there is a fee charged but I don't know when. If you wish to cancel, Probably best to do so before your car gets on a ship. They should have told you that PEC delivery adds 4-6 wks vs. having local dealer delivery. I'm hoping it is "only" 4 extra weeks.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:40 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
How the heck did I miss that?! Man, I need to stop posting in so many threads since I am getting slammed in my inbox and cannot keep up. I know, some are happy about that so no need to say it.

But yes, I am getting excited but anxious since I am leaving for a cruise so unless I can pick it up in Tampa by the 17th I will not get it until I get back.
You'll have it by then. I'm totally stoked as you can tell.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:43 AM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 167 Posts

Miraculous Ace heading south.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:52 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
I discussed canceling PEC Atlanta delivery with my dealer. My impression is it's not easy to do it. But that's only my impression. I wasn't told that.

God bless,
TT
Email them and ask. Give them your name, the selling dealer/salesman name and commission number: PECATLinfo@porsche.us
Old 11-07-2018, 10:21 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Email them and ask. Give them your name, the selling dealer/salesman name and commission number: PECATLinfo@porsche.us
Thanks so much, Bob. But I decided to stick with PEC delivery, for better or for ill.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-07-2018, 11:20 AM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Thanks so much, Bob. But I decided to stick with PEC delivery, for better or for ill.

God bless,
TT
I’ll look forward to hearing about it. I bet it will be awesome regardless of the wait.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:23 PM
kage65
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I want to stress to all those who are picky about their paint, DO NOT let the dealer wash your car - ever. Esp if its a black car. I took mine in for service and did not realize they were going to wash it afterwards, and hence did not tell them not to wash it. It came back with swirls / scratches all over my ppf film. The dealership "detailers" have no clue how to properly wash a car. I'm sure mine used the same low quality mitt and same soap and water to wash 10 other cars before he got to mine. I learned this lesson the hard way.
Old 11-07-2018, 02:32 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

My T is at Emden port and expected to be there for 21 days before exit. What the hell is my car doing sitting there for 21 days?
Old 11-07-2018, 02:59 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
My T is at Emden port and expected to be there for 21 days before exit. What the hell is my car doing sitting there for 21 days?
Mine sat for 2 weeks, but I did just get confirmation that it made it on the Siem Cicero. Should be to Jax on the 20th!
Old 11-07-2018, 05:05 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJG911
Mine sat for 2 weeks, but I did just get confirmation that it made it on the Siem Cicero. Should be to Jax on the 20th!
Very jealous, congrats on catching a ship. Fingers are crossed for Goodwood.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:15 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
When I made my order, the SA explained that the 3 week time period at the port of exit is flexible, and the vehicle is likely to be shipped before those three weeks run to the end.

This allows Porsche to deal with any changes that may occur with their process prior to actually placing the vehicle in the transport vessel.

On the bright side, you car is at the port, some others are yet to be built, mine is scheduled to body shop for 11/23.

You might get yours close to Christmas, can you fit it under the tree?
Old 11-07-2018, 09:35 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

About six week away from receiving my new C2S which is just about to hit the open ocean after sailing through the Irish Sea for the last day on Shanghai Highway and today I just sold my current DD off to a local dealership. Gone now is the 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman, manual transmission, British Racing Green and lots of fun to drive ... I'm back to driving a 2004 Acura MDX while I wait out the remainder of the delivery period. Was hard to give up the Mini ... did a reasonable job of keeping emotions in control while doing it but it will probably hit me over the weekend as I find myself at a loss for some immediate driving pleasure.

So, back to tracking a ship to keep my mind occupied ... oh wait, its just about out of AIS range so there will be nothing to track for the better part of the next 6 days

In the end, it will definitely be all worth the over six month wait
Old 11-07-2018, 09:39 PM
eastsideguy75
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by saundebn
About six week away from receiving my new C2S which is just about to hit the open ocean after sailing through the Irish Sea for the last day on Shanghai Highway and today I just sold my current DD off to a local dealership. Gone now is the 2009 Mini Cooper S Clubman, manual transmission, British Racing Green and lots of fun to drive ... I'm back to driving a 2004 Acura MDX while I wait out the remainder of the delivery period. Was hard to give up the Mini ... did a reasonable job of keeping emotions in control while doing it but it will probably hit me over the weekend as I find myself at a loss for some immediate driving pleasure.

So, back to tracking a ship to keep my mind occupied ... oh wait, its just about out of AIS range so there will be nothing to track for the better part of the next 6 days

In the end, it will definitely be all worth the over six month wait
If you want, you can still tracking - marine traffic and fleet mon have satellite coverage.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!