Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 05:38 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
Your SA is the person to go through with any changes. Just be aware that it may push your delivery date further back (happened to me). I think they expect some changes as a matter of course before lock.

No charge or fees for changes, just a new sale price (when I made my final decision, I got a few ticks added to the discount %).

Any changes will require a new contract to be generated and signed by you and replaces any previous contract. Just go over the changes to make sure you've got everything on the final order.
And don't feel bad changing things since my SA told me I could make 20 changes and he would not care since it is his job. Even if he did mind it would still get done so get what you want. I even changed the type of car I had ordered! I changed mine several times and you can do so about 1-2 weeks past the lock date in most cases.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:45 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by gdarrah99
Turns out it's super easy. I canceled my LA PEC delivery today. They were looking to schedule deliveries in February for my car that arrives in Benecia on the Shanghai Highway (~12/6). LA PEC delivery would be cool, but it's just not worth a 2 month wait (to me). Option canceled; no cost.
Good to know. I was told the Atlanta PEC guaranteed delivery within 1 month of car arriving at US port of entry. If it turns out to be more than 1 month I will also cancel PEC. Thanks for letting us know it's not a big deal to cancel it.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-09-2018, 05:51 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by reacher
Mine passed inspection the second day at the port and got on the first transport to the dealer right after that, didn't take too long before it was out of the port. Picking it up tomorrow!

What color is your car. It's very beautiful!

God bless,
TT
Old 11-09-2018, 05:55 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
"Delivery Cancellation: A cancellation fee will be applied to orders once they are within 2 weeks of the delivery date. This will be in addition to the cost of transporting the vehicle to the purchasing dealer."

https://www.porsche.com/usa/motorspo...ournewporsche/

So, Porsche charges a fee when cancellation is w/in 2 weeks + charges you to transport to your local dealer.

IDK what happens if you cancel b4 the car gets on a ship @ Emden, I think no fees or transportation charges, since it s/b just paperwork.

If you cancel when the ship is in the middle of the ocean but, still more that 2 weeks from delivery? Maybe no fee but, you must pay any costs to transport the car from the port to your local dealer?
My understanding is the customer will be contacted by PEC to arrange PEC delivery once her/his car is on the ship. If that's the case then it will be well before two weeks before delivery.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-09-2018, 06:15 PM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
What color is your car. It's very beautiful!
Thanks, it's Chalk! Drove it home today in a variety of different lighting conditions and it looked amazing. Definitely happy with it.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:17 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
1. Yes, discuss with the SA. Changes are easy. I'd just follow up with a new spec build, Porsche Code, to your SA via email. This makes it easy for them and helps avoid mistakes.
2. Yes, this date can shift, but your SA will get notification if so, and should/should reach out to you before to be sure. I'd keep in a good dialogue in the weeks leading up if you think you need to do last minute changes.
​​​​3/4. You should get a new purchase order with the change. You shouldn't be charged for any changes to the original, other than the new costs of items added, or credit for any takeaways.

No stupid questions here! Just establish a good relationship with your SA and make it easy for them to take good care of you. Good luck!

I just got off the phone with the SA. He said exactly what you said. Also sent me a tracking sheet. The V250 date is now 1/18 - so I have a little time.

I'm very close to what I want now, might make a couple minor changes. Gotta get to a dealer and sit in the different seats a bit more, take some front-end measurements, and look and feel the alcantara vs. leather. Which I'll do over the next couple weeks.

I'm getting along well with the dealer, but all contact has been over the phone or digital. So I'm driving up one day next week to say hi in person. I'm guessing that showing up with hookers and blow for everyone probably isn't a great idea... at least until I get to know them.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Man, I'll come along with you, for moral support of course.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:22 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BSO
Your SA is the person to go through with any changes. Just be aware that it may push your delivery date further back (happened to me). I think they expect some changes as a matter of course before lock.

No charge or fees for changes, just a new sale price (when I made my final decision, I got a few ticks added to the discount %).

Any changes will require a new contract to be generated and signed by you and replaces any previous contract. Just go over the changes to make sure you've got everything on the final order.
Appreciate the information. I had spoken to the dealer and he said the same.

I'll ponder a bit and get all changes (if any) to the dealer in one batch. Save him some paperwork.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:23 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Man, I'll come along with you, for moral support of course.
Of course.
Old 11-09-2018, 06:24 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

^^^ Ha ha ha!!! Good deal. I think everyone has shot straight with you. Hopefully you won't have much of a delay with changes. I bet builds continue to be early, given the move to the new breed and P wanting to move along. Once your build is allotted, the only thing that could get in the way is you adding something that isn't available when your car goes V260 and work on it starts. Welcome and enjoy!

Old 11-09-2018, 06:30 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by V999
... I'm guessing that showing up with hookers and blow for everyone probably isn't a great idea... at least until I get to know them.
^^^Ha ha ha! You're good to go...

Old 11-09-2018, 06:57 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Thanks, it's Chalk! Drove it home today in a variety of different lighting conditions and it looked amazing. Definitely happy with it.
Son of a gun! I thought Chalk was off-white. It looks a beautiful light gray in that light. Great color. Good choice!

God bless,
TT
Old 11-09-2018, 07:11 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 277 Likes on 183 Posts

Mine passed inspection the second day at the port and got on the first transport to the dealer right after that, didn't take too long before it was out of the port. Picking it up tomorrow!

Looks great and congrats. After seeing your car, I'm soooo glad I went with chalk!
Old 11-09-2018, 07:11 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

No early boat for me, yet...

May get lucky and have her loaded onto DELHI HIGHWAY... Otherwise, looking like GOODWOOD and an on-time to Houston for Erika...

​​​​​​ẞ
Attached Images
Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Son of a gun! I thought Chalk was off-white. It looks a beautiful light gray in that light. Great color. Good choice!

God bless,
TT
There was a Chalk C4S on the showroom floor at my local Porsche dealership a couple weeks ago when I was there. And it is pretty much off-white, as opposed to light gray (at least in the showroom lighting, to my eyes). But it was a very beautiful color on that car. It was hard to not stare, really.

I had a lady friend with me that I used to date. She was looking at that exact Chalk car and mumbled something along the lines of "if you're driving around in something like this, you're going to have a lot of women hitting on you". She didn't seem entirely pleased with that thought.

I pointed out that I'd be too busy with the car to pay attention to any woman with poor enough judgement to hit on me. I think that mollified her... at least until she thought it through.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!