Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 05:28 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by jkyrennist

What does it mean if your vessel falls off this list? SWAN ACE was on this list for week 45, now not on week46.
I'd bet you are on an earlier boat. That SWAN ACE was listed as a TBN, so it's possible they didn't need it and are able to load cars on ships before and after. Have you hit your SA up?

ß

Last edited by S S; 11-16-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 05:30 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by CCDD
How does one obtain updates to scheduling?
This^^^... And hitting up your SA for the latest from Porsche corporate on the build schedule.

ß
Old 11-16-2018, 06:06 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
Mine exited production on 10/30, also. So they seem to be on the same track. Is yours also going to JAX?

God bless,
TT
Yes indeed. My original pickup date from dealer was 12/28. He says he’s expecting that date to be moved up to “early December.” Dealer is in West Palm.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:19 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by Shap96

Yes indeed. My original pickup date from dealer was 12/28. He says he’s expecting that date to be moved up to “early December.” Dealer is in West Palm.
Based on the latest shipping schedule to JAX, it seems to me the only way an early December delivery of your car could be possible is if your car gets onto the Goodwood. The next JAX arrival, I believe, is 12/10 followed by 12/12 and 12/18.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-16-2018, 06:46 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by S S

I'd bet you are on an earlier boat. That SWAN ACE was listed as a TBN, so it's possible they didn't need it and are able to load cars on ships before and after. Have you hit your SA up?

ß
i did but his system shows Swan Ace so he doesn’t think it changed vessels.
Old 11-16-2018, 06:58 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the exact same estimated exit date from Emden, here’s hoping they get on a ship earlier...
As do I. My destination is the West Coast though.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:11 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

For those waiting on the dock at Emden, the scheduled date supplied by PCNA is only meant to indicate a target leave by date. Once you car arrived in Emden, it was put in line for the next ship heading to your destination and presuming that that ship has available space assigned to VW, your car should be able to get on-board that ship. The likely reason for missing a ship which loads after your car reached Emden would be ship capacity versus your place in line.

I was scheduled for an 11/16 departure and yet my car is long gone on a ship that has already reached Canada (as an intermediate stop on its way eventually to California).
Old 11-16-2018, 07:14 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Based on the latest shipping schedule to JAX, it seems to me the only way an early December delivery of your car could be possible is if your car gets onto the Goodwood. The next JAX arrival, I believe, is 12/10 followed by 12/12 and 12/18.

God bless,
TT
Saw the same thing. I'm hoping my SA's optimism regarding timing isn't off-base so I can go pick up the car either the weekend of the 7th or the 14th. Gonna get in contact with my SA by Monday to see if the car made it onto Goodwood.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:15 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by saundebn
For those waiting on the dock at Emden, the scheduled date supplied by PCNA is only meant to indicate a target leave by date. Once you car arrived in Emden, it was put in line for the next ship heading to your destination and presuming that that ship has available space assigned to VW, your car should be able to get on-board that ship. The likely reason for missing a ship which loads after your car reached Emden would be ship capacity versus your place in line.

I was scheduled for an 11/16 departure and yet my car is long gone on a ship that has already reached Canada (as an intermediate stop on its way eventually to California).
Thanks, saundebn. Let us hope all of us with currently planned 11/23 departures to JAX get on the Goodwood.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-16-2018, 07:18 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Originally Posted by saundebn

Thanks for the info. Makes me think our cars waiting at Emden may be picked up by Monday. Sweet.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:19 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Saw the same thing. I'm hoping my SA's optimism regarding timing isn't off-base so I can go pick up the car either the weekend of the 7th or the 14th. Gonna get in contact with my SA by Monday to see if the car made it onto Goodwood.
I will do the same thing on Monday.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-17-2018, 03:48 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

My car has been @ Emden since 11-1-18. I heard from PEC that it is scheduled to get on a ship "This Weekend" & I'll hear from them Monday re possible delivery dates. They say probably early....February. WTF?!
I had been told that doing PEC L.A. will delay delivery 4-6 weeks vs. local dealer delivery. But for many people, it is closer to a 4 week delay. If I can't take delivery till 1st week in February, that would be 11-12 weeks after ship departs Emden & ~ 9 weeks delay vs. local dealer delivery. So, 4-6 weeks delay becomes 9 weeks!

I think if they had told me I can opt for PEC LA delivery & wait an additional 2 ½ months, I would have immediately said hell no!
Old 11-17-2018, 09:04 AM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, not looking good for the schedule of Shanghai Highway as the ship is now over two days late on its arrival at the dock in Halifax ... Oceanus Leader is messing up the works with what appears to be an extended stay at the dock, having beaten our ship in on Thursday. Not sure if the schedule from Halifax to California has much opportunity in it to make up any of the time. Clearly, Shanghai Highway is not going to make its scheduled arrival at Charleston SC tomorrow.

Update: Seems just as I wrote the above, Oceanus Leader has now informed us that it is departing port for NYC thus clearing the way for our ship. Shanghai Highway is now once again underway preparing to make way to the dock.

Last edited by saundebn; 11-17-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-17-2018, 10:20 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
My car has been @ Emden since 11-1-18. I heard from PEC that it is scheduled to get on a ship "This Weekend" & I'll hear from them Monday re possible delivery dates. They say probably early....February. WTF?!
I had been told that doing PEC L.A. will delay delivery 4-6 weeks vs. local dealer delivery. But for many people, it is closer to a 4 week delay. If I can't take delivery till 1st week in February, that would be 11-12 weeks after ship departs Emden & ~ 9 weeks delay vs. local dealer delivery. So, 4-6 weeks delay becomes 9 weeks!

I think if they had told me I can opt for PEC LA delivery & wait an additional 2 ½ months, I would have immediately said hell no!
I believe someone else on this thread had a similar experience with PEC LA delivery and canceled it. My recollection is it was easy to cancel. I was told by PEC ATL that delivery was guaranteed there within 4 weeks of the car landing at JAX. But they deliver two per day at ATL vs , I believe, one per day at LA.

Based on the latest shipping schedule, I'm guessing your car will be getting/has gotten on the Onyx Arrow. Since your car arrived Emden within a day of the arrival of the cars of several of us waiting for transport to JAX, we have reason to hope that our cars will also be leaving Emden this weekend, on the Goodwood!

God bless,
TT
Old 11-17-2018, 02:02 PM
gdarrah99
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe someone else on this thread had a similar experience with PEC LA delivery and canceled it. My recollection is it was easy to cancel. I was told by PEC ATL that delivery was guaranteed there within 4 weeks of the car landing at JAX. But they deliver two per day at ATL vs , I believe, one per day at LA.
^^^ This. When PEC contacted me a couple of weeks ago, they were offering early February dates. Given that your car is a couple of weeks behind mine, you may be looking at mid-February. I cancelled. They were very good about it (no charges). The woman I spoke with mentioned that they are working with PEC LA to speed things up (more deliveries per day, more days per week, etc.). But I wasn't willing to wait.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!