Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 09:59 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

MIRACULOUS ACE arrived in Jax at 0418 today so my car has 8 days to make it to the dealer so I can pick it up before I leave.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:23 AM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
MIRACULOUS ACE arrived in Jax at 0418 today so my car has 8 days to make it to the dealer so I can pick it up before I leave.
Good luck, how far ahead of your original schedule was the actual entry to JAX?
Old 11-09-2018, 10:28 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Expected date into port was 11/23 so it was 2 weeks early.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:37 AM
Shap96
Instructor

Expected date into port was 11/23 so it was 2 weeks early.
Good to know, hoping for a similar 2-week ahead of schedule delivery.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:58 AM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shanghai Highway interestingly popped up on AIS in the North Atlantic yesterday evening after being "out of range" for half a day ... based on the progress it had made in that time, seems like it might make it to Halifax area as much as a day early. Unfortunately, I suspect that strict adherence to departure schedules at each scheduled port really dictate the overall progress.

Bob Z, nice to hear your order delivery is making good forward progress. Didn't I notice on another thread that you were looking into swapping this delivered car for a new allocation in order to revise your build? (If so, how is that going?)
Old 11-09-2018, 11:03 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

great news!
Old 11-09-2018, 11:07 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

looks like the Siem Cicero got lost during the last 24 hours.
Old 11-09-2018, 01:17 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Received 362 Likes on 219 Posts

I was hoping to pick the brains of those of you who've been through this ordering process before w/a few questions:
  1. Now that I have an order in and a commission number, I understand that I have till the freeze date (at the moment, looks like 12/19) to make changes. What's the typical process for making changes to the order? Just send email to the SA?
  2. It also looks like the freeze date isn't set in stone and could be moved up or pushed back. Is that correct?
  3. Also, should I expect any kind of charge or fee (other than the additional costs of newly added options)?
  4. I remove options, what happens to the original purchase order that has all the sales price information?
Or does all this vary from dealership to dealership? I am going to contact my SA and ask him this stuff as well. But wanted to see what other's experiences were like with this stuff.

Or am I asking too many stupid questions?
Old 11-09-2018, 01:24 PM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

wish I could help you, but I didn't change anything on mine.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Didn’t change anything in mine either.
Old 11-09-2018, 02:45 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by V999
I was hoping to pick the brains of those of you who've been through this ordering process before w/a few questions:
  1. Now that I have an order in and a commission number, I understand that I have till the freeze date (at the moment, looks like 12/19) to make changes. What's the typical process for making changes to the order? Just send email to the SA?
  2. It also looks like the freeze date isn't set in stone and could be moved up or pushed back. Is that correct?
  3. Also, should I expect any kind of charge or fee (other than the additional costs of newly added options)?
  4. I remove options, what happens to the original purchase order that has all the sales price information?
Or does all this vary from dealership to dealership? I am going to contact my SA and ask him this stuff as well. But wanted to see what other's experiences were like with this stuff.

1. Yes, discuss with the SA. Changes are easy. I'd just follow up with a new spec build, Porsche Code, to your SA via email. This makes it easy for them and helps avoid mistakes.
2. Yes, this date can shift, but your SA will get notification if so, and should/should reach out to you before to be sure. I'd keep in a good dialogue in the weeks leading up if you think you need to do last minute changes.
​​​​3/4. You should get a new purchase order with the change. You shouldn't be charged for any changes to the original, other than the new costs of items added, or credit for any takeaways.

No stupid questions here! Just establish a good relationship with your SA and make it easy for them to take good care of you. Good luck!

Old 11-09-2018, 02:55 PM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 144 Posts

I bet you can't wait!
Old 11-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by saundebn
Shanghai Highway interestingly popped up on AIS in the North Atlantic yesterday evening after being "out of range" for half a day ... based on the progress it had made in that time, seems like it might make it to Halifax area as much as a day early. Unfortunately, I suspect that strict adherence to departure schedules at each scheduled port really dictate the overall progress.

Bob Z, nice to hear your order delivery is making good forward progress. Didn't I notice on another thread that you were looking into swapping this delivered car for a new allocation in order to revise your build? (If so, how is that going?)
I thought about it but decided it best to stick with the Targa GTS vice re-ordering a Targa 4S, which was what I had originally ordered. Now I just have to hope that the dealer does not mess it up even though I have told them to not detail/wash it.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:35 PM
BSO
Three Wheelin'

Received 554 Likes on 335 Posts

Originally Posted by V999

Your SA is the person to go through with any changes. Just be aware that it may push your delivery date further back (happened to me). I think they expect some changes as a matter of course before lock.

No charge or fees for changes, just a new sale price (when I made my final decision, I got a few ticks added to the discount %).

Any changes will require a new contract to be generated and signed by you and replaces any previous contract. Just go over the changes to make sure you've got everything on the final order.
Old 11-09-2018, 05:36 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by MJG911
Mine sat for 2 weeks, but I did just get confirmation that it made it on the Siem Cicero. Should be to Jax on the 20th!
Way to go! Mine didn't make it onto that ship. Still at Emden. I'm now hoping for Goodwood.

God bless,
TT

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!