Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:22 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by BSO
Don't get me wrong, my post wasn't in any way, shape, or form aimed as criticism of any of us here on the forum, "pester" was in quotes to indicate possible dealer personnel perception of our requests to be informed. The burden is on them as they have the information, and as a courtesy they should keep their paying customers in the loop. I can't imagine they would be so busy as to not be able to text or e-mail a short update every so often. It would be a positive business practice to build up good will and maybe generate future referrals or purchases.

My point could have been made clearer, and I'll take ownership for that.

In short, the information should be happily given without asking.
Oh, no offense taken. Thanks.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-06-2018, 07:29 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
I usually only "pester" my SA ~ every 2 weeks for an update. I was looking for lock date & enter body shop date.

Finally got an update today.

Can it be correct that V260 Enter Body Shop & V270 Exit Production are only 2 days apart? I thought it took 7 days to build a C2S?

Also V300 Vehicle Completion 3 days after Exit Production? I thought V270 & V300 were the same day.

Anyway it is @ Emden, waiting for a ship & I know that wait time is highly variable.
On the last tracking update I received, the Expected Dates for entry into body shop, vehicle exit production, vehicle completion and entry port Emden were all the same: 11/02. But the Actual Dates were, respectively, 10/25, 10/30, 10/30 and 11/02. In the case of my car, V270 and V300 were the same day, as you thought they should be.

When did your car arrive at Emden?

God bless,
TT
Old 11-06-2018, 08:49 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
On the last tracking update I received, the Expected Dates for entry into body shop, vehicle exit production, vehicle completion and entry port Emden were all the same: 11/02. But the Actual Dates were, respectively, 10/25, 10/30, 10/30 and 11/02. In the case of my car, V270 and V300 were the same day, as you thought they should be.

When did your car arrive at Emden?

God bless,
TT
I'm only talking about actual dates since the planned & expected dates are usually off. I think they do that so they can underpromise & overdeliver which is smart & what I would do. Better to get your car weeks sooner vs. later.

So, for your car, actual dates, they built it in 5 days. Enter body shop V260: 10/25 & exit production & completion V270 & V300: both on 10/30. Interesting. IDK what the difference is between exit production & vehicle completion.

My Entry to Port Emden V331 was 11/1. I actually thought V331 would be same date as V300, I assumed (incorrectly?) that when they finish building a car, they move them to the port same day instead of storing them somewhere else. But, clearly IDK. Hard to believe they built my car in 2 days. V260: 10/24 & V270: 10/26! V300: 10/29.

So 3 days between exit production & completion? Strange.
Then it sits somewhere another 3 days b4 they move it to the Emden port to wait for a ship.

Maybe the parking lot @ Emden gets full & they must store completed cars elsewhere till there is room?

Anyway, my last Porsche sat @ Emden 16 days b4 it got on a ship. Hopefully, this one will get a ship sooner.

I'm doing the PEC L.A. delivery so it will not go to San Diego port. It will go to Houston Port. Then Trucking transport to L.A.

I had been told by PEC that all their cars come through Benicia Port, farther North than San Diego & a much smaller port so, faster turnaround vs. S.D.
However, this appears to not be true. My tracking sheet says port Houston for U002 & U003.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:55 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

For those with cars on the MIRACULOUS ACE it left Davisville RI this evening and is scheduled to dock in Jacksonville FL Friday....it won't be long now.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:00 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

I'm only talking about actual dates since the planned & expected dates are usually off. I think they do that so they can underpromise & overdeliver which is smart & what I would do. Better to get your car weeks sooner vs. later.

So, for your car, actual dates, they built it in 5 days. Enter body shop V260: 10/25 & exit production & completion V270 & V300: both on 10/30. Interesting. IDK what the difference is between exit production & vehicle completion.

My Entry to Port Emden V331 was 11/1. I actually thought V331 would be same date as V300, I assumed (incorrectly?) that when they finish building a car, they move them to the port same day instead of storing them somewhere else. But, clearly IDK. Hard to believe they built my car in 2 days. V260: 10/24 & V270: 10/26! V300: 10/29.

So 3 days between exit production & completion? Strange.
Then it sits somewhere another 3 days b4 they move it to the Emden port to wait for a ship.

Maybe the parking lot @ Emden gets full & they must store completed cars elsewhere till there is room?

Anyway, my last Porsche sat @ Emden 16 days b4 it got on a ship. Hopefully, this one will get a ship sooner.

I'm doing the PEC L.A. delivery so it will not go to San Diego port. It will go to Houston Port. Then Trucking transport to L.A.

I had been told by PEC that all their cars come through Benicia Port, farther North than San Diego & a much smaller port so, faster turnaround vs. S.D.
However, this appears to not be true. My tracking sheet says port Houston for U002 & U003.
I am doing PEC delivery in Atlanta so mine will go to JAX. Perhaps both of our cars will be on Goodwood?

God bless,
TT
Old 11-06-2018, 09:17 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

I am doing PEC delivery in Atlanta so mine will go to JAX. Perhaps both of our cars will be on Goodwood?

God bless,
TT
Does the same ship dock @ JAX & Houston?
Old 11-06-2018, 09:22 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Does the same ship dock @ JAX & Houston?
Yes, I believe the Goodwood is scheduled to leave Emden 11/16-17, arrive JAX 11/29 and Houston 12/3. Delhi Highway is scheduled to leave Emden 11/10-12 and arrive Houston 12/1, but doesn't stop at JAX.

God bless,
TT
Old 11-06-2018, 09:31 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Yes, I believe the Goodwood is scheduled to leave Emden 11/16-17, arrive JAX 11/29 and Houston 12/3. Delhi Highway is scheduled to leave Emden 11/10-12 and arrive Houston 12/1, but doesn't stop at JAX.

God bless,
TT
I hope my car gets on one of those!
I was thinking January 2019 delivery, hoping for early January.

It may end up being a matter of scheduling the delivery rather than how soon the car arrives @ PEC. Since PEC does very few deliveries. L.A. only does 1 per day, Tu-F!'' Atlanta does 2 per day but, IDK if they do 5 days or 4 days per wk.

We both have delayed our deliveries for weeks by opting for PEC. I hope it is worth the extra wait.
Old 11-06-2018, 09:39 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

I hope my car gets on one of those!
I was thinking January 2019 delivery, hoping for early January.

It may end up being a matter of scheduling the delivery rather than how soon the car arrives @ PEC. Since PEC does very few deliveries. L.A. only does 1 per day, Tu-F!'' Atlanta does 2 per day but, IDK if they do 5 days or 4 days per wk.

We both have delayed our deliveries for weeks by opting for PEC. I hope it is worth the extra wait.
I believe the Atlanta PEC told me as soon as the car is on the ship the customer will be contacted to arrange PEC delivery, which will be within on month of the car's arrival at its US port of entry. I wanted to do PEC delivery primarily so I could break it in on the drive home over two lane, mountainous roads. Now that the delivery will be so late in the year I'm not so sure this was a smart move. I have arranged for winter tires to be installed at the PEC, just in case.

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 11-06-2018 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:23 PM
Dr Chill
Rennlist Member

Received 266 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
For those with cars on the MIRACULOUS ACE it left Davisville RI this evening and is scheduled to dock in Jacksonville FL Friday....it won't be long now.
Old news Bob. See post above.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:19 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm hoping for Goodwood, too.

God bless,
TT
hoping we’re all on Goodwood. That would mean my car would be decently ahead of schedule. My original delivery date was 12/28. Really hoping for 12/7 as a new delivery date.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:26 PM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

I believe the Atlanta PEC told me as soon as the car is on the ship the customer will be contacted to arrange PEC delivery, which will be within on month of the car's arrival at its US port of entry. I wanted to do PEC delivery primarily so I could break it in on the drive home over two lane, mountainous roads. Now that the delivery will be so late in the year I'm not so sure this was a smart move. I have arranged for winter tires to be installed at the PEC, just in case.

God bless,
TT
I was also told I would be contacted by PEC once car gets on a ship. I was not told delivery would be w/in 1 month after arrive @ USA port though.
Good idea to have winter tires installed for your drive home.

I was going to go to PEC & spend $500 to do the 90 minutes track time anyway so, no cost savings by having PEC delivery but, so many people raved about how nice it was, that I decided to see for myself.
If it were not for the delay in delivery, it would have been a no brainer for me.

I will probably install XPEL track wrap b4 I leave PEC to protect paint from rock chips on the drive home. Expensive but, I won't get proper 'permanent' PPF installed, till I arrive home.
I don't want to find an L.A. PPF installer since if I need to use the 10 year warranty, I would need to drive back to CA!
Old 11-06-2018, 11:52 PM
gdarrah99
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There seem to be a lot of partial information/rumors about PEC delivery timing, but really none of them sound good. What options do we have if we weren't told it's a 1-2 month wait, and we don't want to wait that long after the car arrives in country? There's no cost savings, so maybe I keep the money and go do a regular PEC LA day some other time?

Has anyone canceled PEC delivery? Is it a pain to re-route the car to your dealership?
Old 11-06-2018, 11:53 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God bless,
TT
really wanted to do the PEC Atlanta but I was concerned about a delay. Hoping your Atlanta delivery comes soon after the car’s landing in Jax.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:55 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Old news Bob. See post above.
How the heck did I miss that?! Man, I need to stop posting in so many threads since I am getting slammed in my inbox and cannot keep up. I know, some are happy about that so no need to say it.

But yes, I am getting excited but anxious since I am leaving for a cruise so unless I can pick it up in Tampa by the 17th I will not get it until I get back.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!