Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Vise
Drifting

Received 332 Likes on 205 Posts

Congrats, looks like a nice build! Couple comments...

Originally Posted by JAM2
LED Headlights
Are they the normal LEDs or black LEDs? I would make sure you get the black LEDs as it will tie into the overall look better IMO.

PASM
Assume you mean PASM Sport (or SPASM)? The GTS comes standard with normal PASM...

Sport design mirror lower trim painted in black
Not sure I've seen this before, any pics? Trying to picture how this would look assuming they are the same mirrors on the normal GTS (Sport Design).

Painted Side skirts (feedback welcomed)
I personally like the black side skirts, with the overall look of the car and other blacked out elements it adds a nice contract. To each their own of course.

Bose
If you listen to music and can swing it I'd highly, highly recommend the Burmester... save your cash on the PDCC and put it towards the Burm, it is simply fantastic. Whoever said the Burmester is a waste give the tire/road noise hasn't cranked it up... it is so loud/clear it completely wipes out all ambient noise. Makes for a nice commute if your drive involves traffic.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:17 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Vise
Congrats, looks like a nice build! Couple comments...

Are they the normal LEDs or black LEDs? I would make sure you get the black LEDs as it will tie into the overall look better IMO.

Assume you mean PASM Sport (or SPASM)? The GTS comes standard with normal PASM...

Not sure I've seen this before, any pics? Trying to picture how this would look assuming they are the same mirrors on the normal GTS (Sport Design).

I personally like the black side skirts, with the overall look of the car and other blacked out elements it adds a nice contract. To each their own of course.

If you listen to music and can swing it I'd highly, highly recommend the Burmester... save your cash on the PDCC and put it towards the Burm, it is simply fantastic. Whoever said the Burmester is a waste give the tire/road noise hasn't cranked it up... it is so loud/clear it completely wipes out all ambient noise. Makes for a nice commute if your drive involves traffic.

Yes the black LEDs. I agree with the look.

SPASM is selected, my error. I left off the S.

Mirrors - Given, the theme is black, blue, and red, the lower section is painted in high gloss black. It ties into the high gloss black around the wind screen and windows.

Painted side skirts - I like the black as well. With the painted side skirts, it shows more of the sculpted detail, which is lost with the unpainted side skirts. I will keep the rear lower in black.

I love music! My dealer told me to save my $$ on the Burmester, unless I regularly listen to classical, jazz, etc. I had the Bose in my past 911 Turbo, and it's in my current 911 Speedster. Perhaps I need to give it a listen.

PDCC - no? or yes? Our roads up here are horrible. potholes everywhere. PDCC is supposed to soften the blow.

Last edited by JAM2; 04-16-2015 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:25 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Sport design mirror lower trim painted in black is a new option - pretty much available across the 991 and 981 lines I think.

I like the side skirts painted.

There's an interesting discussion of PDCC a few threads down. https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8684...s-control.html
Old 04-16-2015, 09:26 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

I love music! My dealer told me to save my $$ on the Burmester, unless I listen to classical, jazz, etc. I had the Bose in my past 911 Turbo, and it's in my current 911 Speedster. Perhaps I need to give it a listen.

PDCC - no? or yes?
I love music and am opting for the Burmester without having had a chance to listen to it in a 911.

I'm opting out of PDCC. After having thought about how I'm planning to use the car and talking to my dealer, I'm opting out of the Sport PASM too. Seems as thought the GTS suspension will be plenty stiff for my needs out of the box.

You might think about the passenger footwell net. My wife tends to bring girl things on drives that are prone to flying around the cabin; hopefully this solves that problem in my case.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:28 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I love music and am opting for the Burmester without having had a chance to listen to it in a 911.

I'm opting out of PDCC. After having thought about how I'm planning to use the car and talking to my dealer, I'm opting out of the Sport PASM too. Seems as thought the GTS suspension will be plenty stiff for my needs out of the box.

You might think about the passenger footwell net. My wife tends to bring girl things on drives that are prone to flying around the cabin; hopefully this solves that problem in my case.
Oh, the net is a definite! Good catch. It's on the build!
Old 04-16-2015, 09:41 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know:

1) if the steering wheel is in leather or alcanatara?
2) are the headlight washer covers in high gloss black, or are they painted to match Club BLAU?
Old 04-16-2015, 10:06 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to hear that some of you have been having a tough time with the dealers. I was told that 1) the build is not coming out of their allocation - so its a bonus and 2) because they were selected by YOU next year they will be allocated one more car to sell - that's huge when it has been reported that P is trying to make the 911 more exclusive.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:32 PM
Vise
Drifting

Mirrors - Given, the theme is black, blue, and red, the lower section is painted in high gloss black. It ties into the high gloss black around the wind screen and windows.

I love music! My dealer told me to save my $$ on the Burmester, unless I regularly listen to classical, jazz, etc. I had the Bose in my past 911 Turbo, and it's in my current 911 Speedster. Perhaps I need to give it a listen.

PDCC - no? or yes? Our roads up here are horrible. potholes everywhere. PDCC is supposed to soften the blow.
Very cool, looking forward to seeing the mirrors... I missed that option on the FY16s. Should be interesting!

As for the Burmester... I listened to the Bose a couple times in a 991 and it struck me as decent enough. The Burm on the other hand is a whole other thing. Highly recommended, with the right source material it is ridiculous.

PDCC to me is not necessary... our roads are bad enough here and I don't find my GTS to ride that rough in normal chassis mode. It is a sports car after all!
Old 04-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 167 Posts

Does anyone know:

1) if the steering wheel is in leather or alcanatara?
2) are the headlight washer covers in high gloss black, or are they painted to match Club BLAU?
On Club Coupe #1, which I saw at the California Festival of Speed last weekend, the steering wheel is leather. The headlight washer covers were black (to match the headlight surrounds). They looked great, but you can order them color matched to the Club Blau, if you wi$h.

Old 04-16-2015, 10:55 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Leader
On Club Coupe #1, which I saw at the California Festival of Speed last weekend, the steering wheel is leather. The headlight washer covers were black (to match the headlight surrounds). They looked great, but you can order them color matched to the Club Blau, if you wi$h.

Thanks!!!
Old 04-16-2015, 11:34 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Does anyone know: 1) if the steering wheel is in leather or alcanatara? 2) are the headlight washer covers in high gloss black, or are they painted to match Club BLAU?
The leather wheel with deviating stitching and red line at 12 o'clock is particular to the CC. I think I read about it in the last issue of Pano. Yep, according to Stout, the Board had to approve the exception of deviating stitching on the steering wheel. If you have the March issue, it's the last paragraph on page 53.
Old 04-16-2015, 11:46 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
The leather wheel with deviating stitching and red line at 12 o'clock is particular to the CC. I think I read about it in the last issue of Pano. Yep, according to Stout, the Board had to approve the exception of deviating stitching on the steering wheel. If you have the March issue, it's the last paragraph on page 53.
Thanks. If I am reading this correctly, we need to opt for the Extended Club Coupe package to get the manual gear shift in the 2 tone deviating stitching as well as the floor mats. Just include them to complete the deviating stitching package.

I also read on PCA press release that the steering wheel is listed as Alcantara. I prefer the leather, which I hope is the delivered steering wheel.

Are there any pictures floating around of the optional manual gear selector?
Old 04-16-2015, 11:57 PM
Vise
Drifting

Are there any pictures floating around of the optional manual gear selector?
Likely not since only one Club Coupe has been built so far.
Old 04-17-2015, 12:06 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

I also read on PCA press release that the steering wheel is listed as Alcantara. I prefer the leather, which I hope is the delivered steering wheel. Are there any pictures floating around of the optional manual gear selector?
The Pano article has a decent picture of a section of the steering wheel. It's definitely leather.

Sorry in advance to anyone at PCA or PCNA, etc who may be offended by what I'm about to say. BUT, the extended CC interior package is the single thing about this car that seems like pricing excess to me. I'd love the manual transmission **** to match the steering wheel, but the price seems completely out of whack with what you get. I didn't think to ask for just the shift **** as an option and doubt that it's possible to get just that. I'd have it in a second, unless it's $1.2k of the $1.8k option. I'm also all for a free market and don't presume to understand the costs of manufacturing things like this is very small volume. Or at all, for that matter.

And yes, in case someone reviews my build, I realize that I'm paying more than 2x the price (of a supremely high quality market alternative indoor cover) for the CC cover, but it's awfully cool.

Last edited by mathfuzzy; 04-17-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:44 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Estimate of the premium you are paying

I would like to admit upfront that I am a numbers guy. My emotional quotient is ok but I still think numbers.

With that said, I am wondering what is the premium associated with the 60th Anniversary Club Coupe.

There are two pieces that comprise the premium.

1. The premium embedded in the list price if you were to order a PTS GTS with similar goodies except for the designations placed in, on and around the car.

2. The discount off MSRP which might be less than the expected discount of a non 60th Anniv..

Yeah....I know that some of you believe that the car will be worth more than a non 60th Anniv. Maybe.

Has anyone crunched the numbers?

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...