Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 11:55 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
I am going to "order" today. If you were to order, which options would you choose?
My spec is above in the thread somewhere, but the highlights are:

Glass sunroof
Sport PASM
Manual transmission
Burmeister
18-way seats
Park assist w/camera
Old 04-15-2015, 12:00 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy

Glass sunroof
Sport PASM
Manual transmission
Burmeister
18-way seats
Park assist w/camera
I struggled with the Park Assist/Camera, as it is a nice option. However, they whack you for about $1600, I think, which is excessive. A year or so from now, it will be required on all cars (camera or some similar function). Most economy cars now come with a camera for free.
Old 04-15-2015, 01:44 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

Glass sunroof
Sport PASM
Manual transmission
Burmeister
18-way seats
Park assist w/camera
Can any body comment on "discounts" received? My dealer is saying that there is no negotiating. If anyone has a dealer that I can switch to, please let me know. I am based in CT.

Considering I just purchased another vehicle from them in October, you think they would be accommodating, considering we get to choose the dealer.

PM me if you feel more comfortable. Thx
Old 04-15-2015, 02:50 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glass sunroof
Sport PASM
Manual transmission
Burmeister
18-way seats
Park assist w/camera
Regarding the sport PASM, just a note for consideration as follows: The GTS already comes stock with shorter springs and tighter susp. When add the Sport suspension option it means even shorter springs and even tighter susp. My 2012 GTS has this optional sport suspension. It is great almost everywhere, particularly on PCA GGR fun drives and on the track it is fantastic, but simply too tight for the streets of San Francisco or other local driving where the streets are torn up. 993 much more user friendly. So if you intend to use the Club Coupe as a daily driver of any sort, give the Sport PASM some thought. I would still do it given the other cars I have to use in the City, but I know it is not for everyone. Did you think about the PDCC? I have heard that when combined with the Sport PASM it actually makes the car more comfortable for daily driving. I would be interested in any feedback regarding PDCC. I am jealous. I want one. Looks like you are local in Bay Area - I hope to see yours at GGR / Zone 7 events.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:11 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Default 7 left

Just received the email - 7 left for allocation on Monday.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:13 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

and then there were seven! new drawing on Monday with half the winners not responding, and the whole process loosing steam.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:14 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting wording -

"Round 5- We have 7 Club Coupes that are unclaimed for purchase. It is amazing that more than half of the drawn winners did not respond to our emails and phone calls. I know many of you are ready to write a check, but please understand that we have to follow the raffle procedures."
Old 04-15-2015, 03:36 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by dbrsfo
Regarding the sport PASM, just a note for consideration as follows: The GTS already comes stock with shorter springs and tighter susp. When add the Sport suspension option it means even shorter springs and even tighter susp. My 2012 GTS has this optional sport suspension. It is great almost everywhere, particularly on PCA GGR fun drives and on the track it is fantastic, but simply too tight for the streets of San Francisco or other local driving where the streets are torn up. 993 much more user friendly. So if you intend to use the Club Coupe as a daily driver of any sort, give the Sport PASM some thought. I would still do it given the other cars I have to use in the City, but I know it is not for everyone. Did you think about the PDCC? I have heard that when combined with the Sport PASM it actually makes the car more comfortable for daily driving. I would be interested in any feedback regarding PDCC. I am jealous. I want one. Looks like you are local in Bay Area - I hope to see yours at GGR / Zone 7 events.
Thanks - yeah - I'm on the Peninsula.

I heard that PDCC combined with SPASM and 20" wheels is intolerably firm, but maybe that's changed since the original Carrera S. I'm not using this as a DD, but maybe the right setup is neither SPASM or PDCC.
Old 04-15-2015, 03:57 PM
jvmax
Rennlist Member

Received 73 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Interesting wording -

"Round 5- We have 7 Club Coupes that are unclaimed for purchase. It is amazing that more than half of the drawn winners did not respond to our emails and phone calls. I know many of you are ready to write a check, but please understand that we have to follow the raffle procedures."
Here you go Mr. Vu, list of 5 people that entered but not yet picked and would buy the Club Coupe given the chance.

1.jvmax
2.speedshooter
3.Tom Tweed
4.Targa Tim (I'll add him because everybody knows he's in!)
5.Dalema

Just shoot a PM to anyone of us on the list and we are ready to go down to our dealer to order.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:05 PM
drrobbieb
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvmax
Here you go Mr. Vu, list of 5 people that entered but not yet picked and would buy the Club Coupe given the chance.

1.jvmax
2.speedshooter
3.Tom Tweed
5.Dalema

Just shoot a PM to anyone of us on the list and we are ready to go down to our dealer to order.
I was in the buy category until another email today with another drawing. This is a little ridiculous don't you think? Also didn't help I went for a ride in my buddies freshly delivered 918, and after he asks if I am interested in his GT3RS. If I were to get a email now I am probably saying....no thanks.
Old 04-15-2015, 04:07 PM
MKW
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 38 Posts

1.jvmax
2.speedshooter
3.Tom Tweed
5.Dalema

and if he did that, he would be on the street w/o a job next week and PCA execs would be spending a lotta time and money in court fighting very serious fraud charges ..because everyone is a blabbermouth these days ......just sayin, lol .
Old 04-15-2015, 04:35 PM
Tom Tweed
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

1.jvmax
2.speedshooter
3.Tom Tweed
5.Dalema

Oh-oh, you must have missed my post above. Strike out #3-- I am out of it now, and wouldn't buy the car. Picking up my GT3 tomorrow.

TT
Old 04-15-2015, 05:51 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, and after all the waiting and frustration I have configured a PTS GTS that I like more since it is more me and more or less at the same price so ready to pull the trigger for something more to my taste interior wise but I will wait and see.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Default PASM v. SPASM v. PDCC

Thanks - yeah - I'm on the Peninsula.

I heard that PDCC combined with SPASM and 20" wheels is intolerably firm, but maybe that's changed since the original Carrera S. I'm not using this as a DD, but maybe the right setup is neither SPASM or PDCC.
I just read through another thread on PASM, SPASM, PDCC and the various combinations thereof. Does not seem to be a consensus, although interesting that some view the PDCC with "regular" standard PASM, not the Sport Suspension (SPASM), as the ideal set up for a car not used for lots of track time. I think it depends where you live and road conditions.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:49 PM
Typ840
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the call too. Anyone got any info on what a dealer is going to charge for doing the transaction?

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...