Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:47 PM
Jhoffmann
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
Yes, congrats!

With respect to options choices, I've not heard Porsche AG say that any options available on the GTS aren't available to spec on the Club Coupe.

There was initially speculation on this thread and misunderstanding based on the list of options chosen for car #1. I'll feel a little relieved when I have the final build spec and pricing confirmed for my car, but based on my experience so far I see no reason to believe that the options I've chosen won't be allowed.

Too bad about your friend's selling dealer.
My dealer e-mailed me today to let me know that two of the options I selected were rejected by PCNA - painted lower rear valence and carbon fiber manual shift ****. The others were accepted and included sport PASM, painted rockers and washer nozzles, smokers package and storage net. I wanted a pretty basic car and am happy with the build, but it would have been nice to get that lower valence painted. Cheers🍷
Old 04-22-2015, 11:22 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
I am sure all those who purchased the CC will be very happy. Just slightly off-topic. I wonder which car will hold it's value better.....the CC or the 50th anniversary model. Time will tell.
I think CC will definitely be worth more.

Few years ago, I tried to buy another 2006 CC to make a pair. None is listed for sale. 50 or 60 cars in the world is super rare.

10 to 20 years from now, it will be much easier for a collector to find and buy a Carrera GT, a 918, than finding any CC for sale.
Old 04-23-2015, 01:25 AM
Matt-R20
Racer

Received 146 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Straydds
Wanted to thank everyone for their comments on this thread. I got the call the first day and honestly never expected to actually have the oppertunity to purchase one. This thread helped me not only decide to buy it, but also helped me decide how to spec it out. Sent in my final specs today for the first build and i can hardly wait until it gets here. Before i was directed to this thread i had never heard of rennlist and couldn't be happier to have found you all as well. Thanks!!!
Welcome and Congrats! The color is great and a power kit car is a real treat!
Old 04-23-2015, 11:01 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

Being excited for this car, I was able to take a Carmine Red GTS coupe for a test drive. It was truly exhilarating. When I traded in my 2009 TT Cab this past October for the Speedster, I had a small regret. The power and fun of the car left a hole in my garage. The Speedster is a different car all in itself. The drive of the GTS brought that thrill back. I am looking forward to taking delivery of this special car.

Last edited by JAM2; 04-24-2015 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:13 PM
samimi
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Can any of those who have CONFIRMED orders on the Club Coupe state the options they were allowed to order? Josh's reply has been helpful and I am hoping to get more answers.
Matthew at Porsche Exclusive has not been helpful and believes only the car cover and Exclusive Stitching are available.
Thank you,
Old 04-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Straydds
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by samimi
Can any of those who have CONFIRMED orders on the Club Coupe state the options they were allowed to order? Josh's reply has been helpful and I am hoping to get more answers.
Matthew at Porsche Exclusive has not been helpful and believes only the car cover and Exclusive Stitching are available.
Thank you,
Pdk
Metal sunroof
18 way seats
Burmester
Car cover
Smoking package and net
They would not let me add the premium package plus, so no heated seats nor porsche entry and drive
Old 04-23-2015, 05:07 PM
mtgadbois
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

No premium plus?????? I've added it to mine but no feedback from my dealer.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:33 PM
Straydds
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They said it had some problem with the auto dimming lights and the interior lighting included with the club coupe package... Whi knows though. I got a confirmed build from atlanta with everything else though.
Old 04-23-2015, 06:00 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Jhoffmann
My dealer e-mailed me today to let me know that two of the options I selected were rejected by PCNA - painted lower rear valence and carbon fiber manual shift ****.
Valence: Easily handled by a top body/paint shop after delivery.
Shift ****: dealer installed after delivery (or make the deal in advance for swap)

Enjoy, and congrats!

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 04-23-2015, 06:01 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

They said it had some problem with the auto dimming lights and the interior lighting included with the club coupe package... Whi knows though. I got a confirmed build from atlanta with everything else though.
Huh - weird. I bet bun warmers can be added a-la cart.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:40 PM
mikemdd
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pdk
Metal sunroof
18 way seats
Burmester
Car cover
Smoking package and net
They would not let me add the premium package plus, so no heated seats nor porsche entry and drive
Note the Premium Package (w/heated seats, etc.) on the window sticker of the display model I took while at the Rolex 24h race in Daytona.
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 PM
mikemdd
Racer

My favorite picture of the car I took at the Rolex race....just to remind everyone of what it looks like.....
Attached Images  
Old 04-24-2015, 12:51 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by mikemdd
My favorite picture of the car I took at the Rolex race....just to remind everyone of what it looks like.....
Good God yes! Thanks for posting Mike. It's kind of easy to lose connection with the prize at the end of the process.

I wonder if the difference is Premium Package vs. Premium Package Plus. Or MY 2015 vs. 2016. Certainly it seems as though heated seats should be available.

My selling dealer hadn't heard anything back from PCNA as of yesterday about my configuration. Curious if anybody else included the glass sunroof in their build and, if so, if it's been accepted / priced.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:59 PM
mikemdd
Racer

I also wonder if those who do not lock until July or August for this 2016 model, for September/October builds, will have other options that those who order now do not have. It is typical that options become available later in the model year ordering schedule that were not available early on.
Old 04-24-2015, 01:38 PM
speedshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Five left for next week with two rounds during the week

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...