Sponsored by:

Club Coupe - I got the call...

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2015, 06:55 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Typ840
I got the call too. Anyone got any info on what a dealer is going to charge for doing the transaction?
CONGRATS, and welcome!

Some people are being treated "fairly", meaning getting $$$ off MSRP, while other dealerships are TRYING to stick to MSRP.

That said, we all can pick and choose the dealership that we want to represent us, ultimately handing them over a wad of cash in profit! How much of a wad is up for debate to handle the order process, title, and delivery? The car doesn't come out of their personal allocation, therefore they aren't loosing a unit for sale.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:01 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe we can ask Vu the thoughts behind this process at the below GGR mixer:

"Come out and meet with PCA National Executive Committee including national President Caren Cooper, Executive Director Vu Nguyen, and more at this special Zone 7 social mixer sponsored by GGR. This is a casual evening that lets you mingle with members and club leaders. Local club leaders will turn out from GGR, LPR, Diablo, Redwood and Monterey regions. Long term and new members alike can share ideas and learn more about what’s in store in your region and in zone 7. We will be in the outdoor garden so please dress appropriately.

When: Saturday May 2nd, 2015 6:30pm – 8:30pm"
Old 04-15-2015, 07:08 PM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Dalema
Maybe we can ask Vu the thoughts behind this process at the below GGR mixer:

"Come out and meet with PCA National Executive Committee including national President Caren Cooper, Executive Director Vu Nguyen, and more at this special Zone 7 social mixer sponsored by GGR. This is a casual evening that lets you mingle with members and club leaders. Local club leaders will turn out from GGR, LPR, Diablo, Redwood and Monterey regions. Long term and new members alike can share ideas and learn more about what’s in store in your region and in zone 7. We will be in the outdoor garden so please dress appropriately.

When: Saturday May 2nd, 2015 6:30pm – 8:30pm"
Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I'm scheduled to be out of town, but if that changes, I might just drag my wife along and be there.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:16 PM
Typ840
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Jam. I understand the dealers have about 12% in these cars. Thats about $16 to $17,000 for doing the paperwork. That's way too much!
Old 04-15-2015, 07:27 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Typ840
Thanks Jam. I understand the dealers have about 12% in these cars. Thats about $16 to $17,000 for doing the paperwork. That's way too much!
I agree. But they have you by the ..... You either comes to terms on their price, or you loose the car (and they loose the sale). You cannot change the selling dealer after initial designation. So it is a little bit of a game of chicken as to how much you want the car and how willing you are to walk away - without any other place to go buy it.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:42 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbrsfo
I agree. But they have you by the ..... You either comes to terms on their price, or you loose the car (and they loose the sale). You cannot change the selling dealer after initial designation. So it is a little bit of a game of chicken as to how much you want the car and how willing you are to walk away - without any other place to go buy it.

We should have been given the option to select 2 or 3 dealerships. This would allow for better negotiability.

Last edited by JAM2; 04-24-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:46 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JAM2
On the contrary, I called PCNA today, and was told that I can change at any time up until the lock day. It's time to go interview dealers... I already spoke to my other "preferred" dealer, and gave him a proposal. He invited me to come in tomorrow, and realizes that this is free $$$.

Bottom line, 4% total is better than ZERO! Just my 2cents.
Good info. I am happy to stand corrected. I was at the dealer yesterday who obviously does not know (or care to share) the correct facts.
Old 04-15-2015, 08:01 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

The custom color "Club Blau" will be available upon request at the earliest from 01/2016... From Product information 03/2015 for GTS Club Coupe. I interpret that this color will be available for other models... hmmm...
Old 04-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 167 Posts

The custom color "Club Blau" will be available upon request at the earliest from 01/2016... From Product information 03/2015 for GTS Club Coupe. I interpret that this color will be available for other models... hmmm...
This would be very disappointing and contradictory to all the original press about the creation and selection of this color for the CC.
Old 04-15-2015, 09:33 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

If that is the case I won't feel so bad about not getting the nod for a Club Coupe. The main reason I wanted one is for the unique never to be repeated color.
Old 04-15-2015, 11:57 PM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

.........like lava orange on the GT3RS......now EVERYONE can have it! But graphite grey/geyser grey are still unique.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:40 AM
mathfuzzy
Rennlist Member

Received 400 Likes on 134 Posts

I was thinking tonight about getting this car. It's a big deal for me. I never really let myself think about ordering a new 911, but now I'm doing it. And I certainly never imagined it would cost what it's going to, but I'll figure out how to make it work. I think it's going to be bad *** and I am really psyched to be getting one. And one that's built to my specifications.

My dealer has been great and I have a sense of timing. Now it looks like I'm going to be picking it up at the factory at the beginning of September. It's cool and I'm pulling for those of you who still want one. At some point there'll be one car left and may it go to one of you!

Best of luck.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:53 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mathfuzzy
I was thinking tonight about getting this car. It's a big deal for me. I never really let myself think about ordering a new 911, but now I'm doing it. And I certainly never imagined it would cost what it's going to, but I'll figure out how to make it work. I think it's going to be bad *** and I am really psyched to be getting one. And one that's built to my specifications.

My dealer has been great and I have a sense of timing. Now it looks like I'm going to be picking it up at the factory at the beginning of September. It's cool and I'm pulling for those of you who still want one. At some point there'll be one car left and may it go to one of you!

Best of luck.

Maybe I should call your dealer!
Old 04-16-2015, 01:33 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Bacura
.........like lava orange on the GT3RS......now EVERYONE can have it! But graphite grey/geyser grey are still unique.
Sorry to burst your bubble, Bacura, but 'Geyser Grey Metallic' has already been allowed to be duplicated recently on a 991 Carrera 4S by the Porsche factory!

Originally Posted by Mag3
actually...

my custom order C4S just arrived at the dealership... ;-)
i was able to:
- do the PTS geiser grey
- order the front grill parts with chrome
- order the grill in the 50th style (narrow slats with chrome tips)
- order the part that replaces the rear red strip
- match the interior deviated stiching and agate
- order the fuchs style rims (extra.. i'll use as my summer rims, and the default as winter wheels/tires)

what i couldn't get:
- houndstooth center for the seats... i was ok with this because with that i couldn't have gotten seat ventilation
- the 50th badges everywhere (also just fine with me)
- the green dial.. (bummed I couldn't get this)

i'll post in a few days when i pick it up, but it will to the casual observer be a 50th with 4wd. ;0

-mag3

Post #615
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-41.html

Post #634
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-43.html

There are still a few Limited Edition colors that have not been allowed to be copied or reproduced by Porsche at Porsche - 'Sport Grey Classic' and 2011 Speedster 'Pure Blue' come to mind! But I am afraid that neither 'Geyser Grey' nor 'Club Blau' will be in that elite 'vestal virgins' echelon!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 04-16-2015, 02:29 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by MKW
and if he did that, he would be on the street w/o a job next week and PCA execs would be spending a lotta time and money in court fighting very serious fraud charges ..because everyone is a blabbermouth these days ......just sayin, lol .
Don't worry Vu.
Just pick my name and I'll promise not to post under Targa Tim again.
I will even change my legal name if you want... So just pick me.

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...