Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 167 Posts

Worth the wait.

Old 04-25-2015, 01:48 AM
DAlex
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark FM
I got the e-mail yesterday and accepted today! One of my good friends received his allocation a few weeks ago, but is giving his allocation back - so there is hope for those still waiting!!! His dealer was not willing to negotiate at all on price, so he walked away. The car will be nice, but Porsche has not been very clear on what options will, or will not be offered. I hope that I will still be able to customize mine the way I want it. We will see. . .
Congrats my friend!!
Old 04-25-2015, 02:34 AM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JAM2
We should have been given the option to select 2 or 3 dealerships. This would allow for better negotiability.
You had previously posted that the buyer can change the dealership after designation as per your conversation with PCNA. Is that no longer correct to your understanding?
Old 04-25-2015, 09:42 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by dbrsfo
You had previously posted that the buyer can change the dealership after designation as per your conversation with PCNA. Is that no longer correct to your understanding?
All I can really say is that if you plan to accept this offer, negotiate with your dealer, and get a signed purchase agreement before sending in your confirmation with dealer selection.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:08 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

All I can really say is that if you plan to accept this offer, negotiate with your dealer, and get a signed purchase agreement before sending in your confirmation with dealer selection.

Can you provide some insight based on your experience with two different dealers?

Did both dealers view the 60 CC as a unique vehicle that commands a higher profit to them (even though it is not part of their allocation and they will earn zero if you decide to walk).

I have a hard time justifying paying a dealer a higher gross than what they would earn on a GTS.
Old 04-25-2015, 10:34 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Can you provide some insight based on your experience with two different dealers?

Did both dealers view the 60 CC as a unique vehicle that commands a higher profit to them (even though it is not part of their allocation and they will earn zero if you decide to walk).

I have a hard time justifying paying a dealer a higher gross than what they would earn on a GTS.
Let me start out by saying both dealerships are owned by corporate entities. We will give them ID tags; A and B.

Dealer A, my chosen dealership, did not want to flex, until I went shopping down the road. They said this was a special edition and that MSRP was the only selling price. However, this vehicle is not available on the open market for. It's a members only car, that was "won" by 59 lucky people.

Dealer B was excited to represent a 60th PCA car, having represented a PCA 50th anniversary, and knew of the abnormalities with this transaction. They realized that this wasn't a part of their normal allocation, and was found $$. I presented them a proposal that I felt was fair for both, and they agreed.

Dealer A then decided to provide a "discount" for being a loyal customer. The discount was no where near the terms from Dealer B. I kindly reminded them that I am choosing them in this transaction, and basically handing them a decent gross profit for doing very little work. Again, not a part of their normal allocation, and if I had the ability to switch, this is found EXTRA $$$ that will walk out the door. The provided a slightly larger discount.

I am not confirming that I switched dealerships, or didn't switch dealerships. However, having the ability to do so prevents situations like this from arising.

I hope this has given you the insight needed. Good luck with your transactions. I look forward to hearing how you did.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:50 AM
87turbolook911
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Default A few pics I snapped at the unveiling

Enjoy!
Attached Images         
Old 04-25-2015, 11:54 AM
Grunty
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

i like that key fob. A lot.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:55 AM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 87turbolook911
Enjoy!
^^^^^^^^ WOW! Thanks for sharing these pictures! This creates the case to get the Extended Club Coupe package.

Last edited by JAM2; 04-25-2015 at 01:23 PM.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:40 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Paragraph 5 of the Final Official Rules that Vu sent on March 19th states "a Selected Registrant can only purchase a vehicle with the Dealer identified in his/her registration form" - (the registration form is the entry form for the lottery process, not the car order form). Vu has been quite strict in adhering to the Rules. Any idea how the info about switching dealers started? Has anyone actually ordered a car from a different dealer than you originally identified in the registration form?
Attached Images
Old 04-25-2015, 03:10 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Look at my wording. If you plan to accept this lottery, negotiate prior to selecting dealership. Nothing in the quote above refers to switching dealers after the form is sent to PCA.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:45 PM
dbrsfo
Rennlist Member

Look at my wording. If you plan to accept this lottery, negotiate prior to selecting dealership. Nothing in the quote above refers to switching dealers after the form is sent to PCA.
Sorry, but you need to read my wording. You are referring folks to the wrong form. The relevant form in which the dealer is locked in is the registration form to enter the lottery, not the order form for the car build that is part of the negotiation / car build process. After the initial registration to enter the lottery, in which the dealer must be selected, only PCA can designate a different dealer than originally designated in the lottery registration form. Again, see Rule #5. Let's not give people the impression they can negotiate with a different dealer than originally designated in the lottery registration form. They just might walk out of their dealer and find out when it is too late that they no longer have an ability to purchase the car at all unless PCA (not the buyer) designates another dealer. And end up going back to their original dealer with their tail between their legs begging for MSRP at that point.
Old 04-25-2015, 03:55 PM
JAM2
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dbrsfo
Sorry, but you need to read my wording. You are referring folks to the wrong form. The relevant form in which the dealer is locked in is the registration form to enter the lottery, not the order form for the car build that is part of the negotiation / car build process. After the initial registration to enter the lottery, in which the dealer must be selected, only PCA can designate a different dealer than originally designated in the lottery registration form. Again, see Rule #5. Let's not give people the impression they can negotiate with a different dealer than originally designated in the lottery registration form. They just might walk out of their dealer and find out when it is too late that they no longer have an ability to purchase the car at all unless PCA (not the buyer) designates another dealer. And end up going back to their original dealer with their tail between their legs begging for MSRP at that point.
Ok you win! Didn't realize this was going to be a huge debate. I was giving a recommendation for people to do their homework PRIOR to selecting their dealership, and to get it in WRITING, that's all.
Old 04-25-2015, 04:18 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Why the hesitancy to provide info to fellow rennlisters as to the agreed discount off MSRP or $$$ above cost. Asked by many but never answered.

This information is comfortably discussed in other Porsche forums.
Old 04-26-2015, 10:00 PM
turtleracing
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Which other Porsche forums ?

See title

Quick Reply: Club Coupe - I got the call...