Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 03:43 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

I got confirmation today that Porsche will not do deviating carpets with my GTS espresso/cognac interior. Weird how they won't do even the standard deviating options on this model.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by JUPJAI
I in fact got my PTS allocation confirmed for late Feb
2015. Was getting very worried there for a few days.
Sorry to the others - PTSsssed off I totally feel for you !
I just got a personal email from the owner of my dealership. Here's an excerpt:

"I just got off the phone with a senior executive at PCNA. Unfortunately, they are not doing any paint to sample for 2015 model year. They can delay the order to a 2016 model of you still want the PTS."

So, JUPJAI, I will be very interested if you actually get a PTS car built in February '15. Please keep us updated. I'm reluctant to delay my order for a '16 since it will be well into our 6 month good weather driving season by the time the car arrives. If this ends being the beginning of the end for PTS and they cancel it for '16s later, I will have just lost more time and gained nothing (unless they compensate the no more PTS with a few more decent color choices, like a nice green).
Tough call.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:54 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
I got confirmation today that Porsche will not do deviating carpets with my GTS espresso/cognac interior. Weird how they won't do even the standard deviating options on this model.
well, that settles that. Get a turbo. My deviated carpet to Espresso was accepted by the computer.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:19 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Keadog
well, that settles that. Get a turbo. My deviated carpet to Espresso was accepted by the computer.
Well, I still want an MT more than I want brown carpet, so GTS it is!
Old 11-17-2014, 06:10 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Final word from Melissa on GTS deviating options -

There are no Z Offers on the GTS, so that is what prevents us from deviating the carpets (as well as the stitching). Sorry I don't have better news. You will get Espresso floor mats with this two-tone, so at least you will have some protection with the darker mat down there.

Warm Regards,
Melissa
Old 11-17-2014, 06:12 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Ah, good to know.

While you have her attention, can you get confirmation from her regarding PTS windows? Context: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8434...l-my-16-a.html
Old 11-17-2014, 06:57 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GreenLantern
Ah, good to know.

While you have her attention, can you get confirmation from her regarding PTS windows? Context: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8434...l-my-16-a.html
Yes, I'll be interested as well since my dealer continues to insist there will be NO PTS builds in February. The owner of the dealership spoke with someone at PCNA on Saturday afternoon after my frantic email about having my February PTS slot axed.
Something's not right.
Old 11-19-2014, 01:50 AM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Spent 2 hrs with my dealer manager today with phone calls to PCNA/PAG to lock in my options. Melissa is to go over it again ASAP. Unless there is something very weird, I continue to have a FEB 2015 build allocation for a Birch Green 991 turbo S cab. Euro delivery for my 50th birthday! I started my PTS order process in Jan 2013 - so it will be the conclusion of a 2-1/2 year process with changes galore along the way.
Porsche exclusive has been very good to field all my questions and requests. But alas, despite being told of my allocation and build slot - I still have an uneasy feeling that it might be delayed. Or they are ONLY building my PTS build to be rid of me once and for all - lol

If my order gets cancelled despite what I have been told, going to move over to Lamborghini for a verde huracan!!

Time will tell. Off to LA auto show for Saturday.
Old 11-19-2014, 03:43 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Verdes...from Italy!

I in fact got my PTS allocation confirmed for late Feb 2015.
Spent 2 hrs with my dealer manager today with phone calls to PCNA/PAG to lock in my options. Melissa is to go over it again ASAP. Unless there is something very weird, I continue to have a FEB 2015 build allocation for a Birch Green 991 turbo S cab...If my order gets cancelled despite what I have been told, going to move over to Lamborghini for a verde huracan!!
Henry: Best of luck with your Porsche PTS order. Lamborghini had the 'Verde Mantis' Huracan at the Gordon McCall Motorsport event in August here in the Carmel area. It's lovely but it has a tinge of 'yellow-mellow' to it on certain angles (first photo). The main problem with that color, or the equivalent Ferrari hue called 'Verde Kers Lucido', is that they are 'metallic'. I prefer the solid 'uni' bright colors on these sport cars - such as your upcoming 'Birch Green/ 'Lichtgrün'. Ferrari does have a beautiful green that they offer as PTS on their 458 similar to one of my favorite Porsche vintage hue. It is called 'Verde Signal Green' (last two photos). And not surprisingly, I positively love it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Old 11-19-2014, 12:38 PM
JUPJAI
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts

Thanks Eduardo: Are there no current non metallic green options? I guess VERDE MIURA could be requested.

Last edited by JUPJAI; 11-19-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 02:27 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 464 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Sackey
The pics below are how I took delivery of the car, exactly as it left the works. I plan on making no modifications.

As you can see Meissen Blue is slightly more grey than Gulf Blue.

If anyone is interested, Meissen Blue (Meissen Blau)'s Porsche Ag internal color codes have varied through the years as follows:

1957 to 1959 - 356A Meissen Blue 5703

1957 to 1959 - 356A Meissen Blue 703

1958 to 1959 - 356A Meissen Blue 317

The color was revived in 2007 by Porsche Ag with a new color code:

2007 - Meissen Blue Z54
Beautiful Joe.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:25 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Spent 2 hrs with my dealer manager today with phone calls to PCNA/PAG to lock in my options. Melissa is to go over it again ASAP. Unless there is something very weird, I continue to have a FEB 2015 build allocation for a Birch Green 991 turbo S cab. Euro delivery for my 50th birthday! I started my PTS order process in Jan 2013 - so it will be the conclusion of a 2-1/2 year process with changes galore along the way.
Porsche exclusive has been very good to field all my questions and requests. But alas, despite being told of my allocation and build slot - I still have an uneasy feeling that it might be delayed. Or they are ONLY building my PTS build to be rid of me once and for all - lol

If my order gets cancelled despite what I have been told, going to move over to Lamborghini for a verde huracan!!

Time will tell. Off to LA auto show for Saturday.
I received an email yesterday from Melissa that you ARE getting your Birch Green and I AM NOT getting my Brewster Green car. Her explanation was convoluted and made no sense with the timeline she presented (I was told I had a PTS slot for September/November/February/SCREW YOU starting the third week of June), but the SCREW YOU part is the only segment that seems like it was sincere. I still have the TT slot for any of their 5 available colors, as long as it's black, jet black, ebony black, inky black or black black. Plus the special order refrigerator white, sparkle white, white white and marble white. Cream white with sprinkles takes an extra day for the sprinkles to dry. And silver prices are down, so I can also have blue silver or a real silver, but that's $3100 extra.
Am I pissed? Yes I am. I'm open to suggestions for other brands to consider but I have no exotic dealers anywhere near me and I don't want a Corvette (which actually looks like a whole lot of car for the money).
Oh, and good for you! Seems you got the "only remaining" PTS slot in Canada before MY '16, assuming they don't deep six PTS altogether...
Old 11-20-2014, 04:11 PM
MarkoPolo
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recent written communication re: orders. Had slot accepted, approved, completed MY15 early March build for April (ED) *cancelled*. Explanation: Targa 4S PTS (approved colour) now has NO 4S (engine/body) slot available. I do understand, having seen Seinfeld's "s-o u-p n-a-z-i" episode.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:42 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default 'Verde Miura'

Thanks Eduardo: Are there no current non metallic green options? I guess VERDE MIURA could be requested.
Well, I have attached the current list of offered colors on the Lamborghini Huracan. 'Verde Mantis' is it...unless you wan to do PTS.

Rennlist member Joe Sackey, in his wonderful 'The Lamborghini Miura Bible' book, list several green colors you could have ordered on a period Miura:

Verde Miura (Lime Green)
Verde Rio Metalizzato
Verde Inglese (British Racing Green)
Verde Ucello di Mare (Dark Forest Green non-Metallic PTS)

My Carmel neighbor's business partner in Utah owns a beautiful 'Verde Miura' Lamborghini which some of you may remember when it was shown two years ago at The Quail! It's an absolutely stunning color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 11-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Mag3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Thank you for your kind words!

How can I put this diplomatically and concise in as few a words as possible. OK, I think I got it.

'Nein'

But that is just my gut feeling. You can ask 'Porsche Exclusive' and wait for their answer. Imagine the reaction of the 1963 individual owners of the very expensive 50th Anniversary Limited Edition would be if they respond anything but 'Nein'.

Also notice the words 'the likes of which will never be seen again.' in their webpage. There is a period after that sentence. It is not followed by 'unless ordered via 'Porsche Exclusive' by any Tom, Dick or SnakeBitten Harry!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

actually...

my custom order C4S just arrived at the dealership... ;-)
i was able to:
- do the PTS geiser grey
- order the front grill parts with chrome
- order the grill in the 50th style (narrow slats with chrome tips)
- order the part that replaces the rear red strip
- match the interior deviated stiching and agate
- order the fuchs style rims (extra.. i'll use as my summer rims, and the default as winter wheels/tires)

what i couldn't get:
- houndstooth center for the seats... i was ok with this because with that i couldn't have gotten seat ventilation
- the 50th badges everywhere (also just fine with me)
- the green dial.. (bummed I couldn't get this)

i'll post in a few days when i pick it up, but it will to the casual observer be a 50th with 4wd. ;0

-mag3

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!