Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 12:06 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

My TT is being built this week in Anthracite. I'm almost completely indifferent now, if an "attention *****" in the recent past. The way I have been treated by PCNA/PAG over the last 8 months has been a disappointment, to say the least. They haven't made any friends at my house and would have been far better off IMO if they didn't pretend to offer custom services they won't fulfill (YES/YES/YES/NO!).
Old 12-22-2014, 10:41 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Configurator saying PTS is available on Cayman, Boxster & Panamera...

fyi - someone posted this over at the 981 'Custom Ordering' thread and I thought it would be of interest to those here on the 991 forum:

Originally Posted by 987720
Is PTS available again? I noticed that it's back on the configurator. I want to put an order in for a Cayman GTS PTS, but my dealer states its not available. So either my dealer is wrong or the configurator is?!?!
Some Rennlisters that have talked to 'Porsche Exclusive' PCNA employees have been told that PTS was cancelled for remainder of MY2015 models on new orders. This information started reaching us at this forum in early November of 2014. Existing PTS orders that had been placed earlier (e.g. summer of 2014) were being honored. So for example, some Canadian customers are getting PTS cars being built in February 2015 on orders that were placed months ago.

I checked the configurator and the 991 does not offer you PTS...or 'Custom Color' as they call it now. It's presently only showing PTS in the Cayman and Boxster configurator...and for the Panamera. So one of two things is going on:

a) Boxster/Cayman/Panamera configurators are wrong and is giving out incorrect information.

b) Hanover in Lower Saxony, where the Panamera is welded & painted before being shipped for full assembly at Leipzig, is back on line for PTS. And Karmann Osnabrück, where all the Caymans and some of the Boxsters are built, is back on line for PTS. It was not until MY2015 that Karmann Osnabrück became set up for PTS. So maybe they have perfected the process at that facility and it's now ONLY Zuffenhausen who is effected by the PTS delays for the balance of MY2015.

My suggestion is for you (or anyone) to contact 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US (see last attachment) and ask the question ASAP. Don't just give up on it just because your dealer told you so. And please let us all know here at this forum & thread what 'Porsche Exclusive' tells you on the subject!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images      
Old 12-23-2014, 12:21 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,018 Likes on 612 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
fyi

Some Rennlisters that have talked to 'Porsche Exclusive' PCNA employees have been told that PTS was cancelled for remainder of MY2015 models on new orders. This information started reaching us at this forum in early November of 2014. Existing PTS orders that had been placed earlier (e.g. summer of 2014) were being honored. So for example, some Canadian customers are getting PTS cars being built in February 2015 on orders that were placed months ago.

I checked the configurator and the 991 does not offer you PTS...or 'Custom Color' as they call it now. It's presently only showing PTS in the Cayman and Boxster configurator...and for the Panamera. So one of two things is going on:

My suggestion is for you (or anyone) to contact 'Porsche Exclusive' in the US (see last attachment) and ask the question ASAP. Don't just give up on it just because your dealer told you so. And please let us all know here at this forum & thread what 'Porsche Exclusive' tells you on the subject!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Eduardo,
I was told (by the dealer) I had a PTS slot for a 991 the third week of June. When Melissa explained (in an email) that they were only fulfilling PTS orders that were placed in summer, I never heard back about how early in summer she meant, since June 21 is usually the first day of summer. To my dealer's credit (even if the "mixup" was their fault), the owner offered to let me wait until the next PTS window opened, keeping the TT I built for stock, but I didn't want to drive my Tundra another summer. So brown it is.
Melissa did explain that Porsche Canada and PCNA have different PTS allocation systems (?) in reference to the Birch Green TTS in Canada that was approved (which I may have posted before).
What's a little more puzzling to me is that my February build slot for a TT PTS coupe went into production 12/12-12/19 (soon after I received the bad news about PTS) and is now sitting in Emden waiting for a boat. That part still doesn't make any sense to me, as I'm not sure how changing the paint choice got them 2 months ahead of schedule? I would be delighted if Februarys were nice here, but they emphatically are not. I can park it or break it in on snow tires. Haven't decided yet, but leaning to parking till spring.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:01 PM
Mag3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics

[QUOTE=Mondrian;11879261]Would a pic do it for you given that it could just be a 50th rather than a C4 in 50th attire? Devil is in the detail.

Here you go...Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1640
Size:  126.1 KB

It's winter wheels are on... The Fuchs are for summer
Old 12-24-2014, 10:27 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Mag3
Devil is in the detail.

It's winter wheels are on... The Fuchs are for summer
So is the only way to tell that this is not a 911_50 the "model delete" option (which was not an option for the 911_50)?
Old 12-24-2014, 10:59 AM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by hinckley
So is the only way to tell that this is not a 911_50 the "model delete" option (which was not an option for the 911_50)?
looks like a 50th chrome grill......
Old 12-24-2014, 11:13 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Once the dealer installed options are on and a 911-50 is added then there is no way to tell the difference on the outside. I suspect it cost the same if not more than a 50th if you take X51 into consideration though.
Old 12-24-2014, 05:07 PM
Mag3
Intermediate

Yes with one exception. I couldn't get the hounds tooth center panel on seats... I got a light cream (forget color name) instead.

-Mag3
Old 12-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Mag3
Intermediate

Here you can see what I did to the seats...
Old 12-24-2014, 07:18 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Here you can see what I did to the seats...
Perfect. Is that stone grey leather inserts and stitching?
Old 12-24-2014, 08:22 PM
btwyx
Instructor

Originally Posted by zathras
ps. anyone know where I can lay eyes on a lime gold metallic Porsche in AZ? Neither of the 2 dealers nor the Vegas dealer has one...
I saw one at our Porsche dealer (Carlsen) a couple of months ago. I liked it better than I expected.
Old 12-24-2014, 09:18 PM
Mag3
Intermediate

I don't believe it's stone grey... It's a cream/white...
Old 12-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Mag3
Intermediate

Lower intake fins chromed

Detail of color and stitching

Back seats

A few more shots..
Old 12-24-2014, 11:32 PM
genxr
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Once the dealer installed options are on and a 911-50 is added then there is no way to tell the difference on the outside. I suspect it cost the same if not more than a 50th if you take X51 into consideration though.
Yeah, has to cost a fortune.

I'm amazed - and disappointed - Porsche Exclusive would allow one of the 911-50th colors to be used.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:34 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Yes with one exception. I couldn't get the hounds tooth center panel on seats... I got a light cream (forget color name) instead.

-Mag3
I don't believe it's stone grey... It's a cream/white...
It looks like 'Pebble Grey' seat inlays to me, similar to what Sascha Glaeser ordered on his 'Porsche Exclusive' demo ('Viper Green' 911 Turbo S Cabriolet) for the West Coast of US.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!