Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 08:24 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Just like any other option, do your research and make your own choice. Most guys here know what they want and have done their homework.

We'll leave the debates manual/PDK, white/black, PSE or not, Base/S, etc. for the main boards.

ALWAYS turns into pissing contest.

Any cars worth posting?

Any purchases of one of the cars listed here or seen one in person?
Old 06-06-2016, 08:49 AM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Vintage72
For me, SC is NOT needed although the engine mounts are nice. If the 911 is a DD, then SC is really not needed. If it is a track car more than a few weekends a year, then probably go SC. Definitely better to have it than not but if the deal is ridiculous and you are not going to track it I would not care. Best scenario, drive a 911 with it and then without it back to back with SPORT engaged.
Couldn't have said it better. I don't track my car, have had both (SC , no SC) and the Sport functionality is sufficient. Driving around town in Sport Plus would be plain silly.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:06 AM
STG
Race Director

2014 C2S "DRIVERS CAR". CPO warranty and only 12K miles.

Manual/performance fans = this car is for you.

PDCC
SPASM
PSE
SC
3 pedals

14 ways, Technos, and Bose! What else do you need?

A HFS beauty!

Call GENE on this car. HFS friend and Porsche enthusiast.

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...AB2A97ES120882

https://porscheatlantaperimeter.com/...etallic+677062

Last edited by STG; 06-06-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old 06-06-2016, 11:54 AM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
2014 C2S "DRIVERS CAR". CPO warranty and only 12K miles.
Almost $90K for a '14 S? You think that's hot?

I think the summer sun is driving dealer expectations up........
Old 06-06-2016, 11:56 AM
Esq.
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello, I'm a new member and have been lurking on here as I search of a 991 C2S. This thread is a great resource and thanks so much for all who participate.

Does anyone have any experience with Porsche of Fayetteville in NC? I ask because I had an odd experience with them. I inquired about a car there and they demanded a 10k deposit! I've bought a lot of BMWs but this would be my first Porsche. Normally $500 would do it. Is this common?
Old 06-06-2016, 12:00 PM
Austin-Guy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Esq.
Hello, I'm a new member and have been lurking on here as I search of a 991 C2S. This thread is a great resource and thanks so much for all who participate.

Does anyone have any experience with Porsche of Fayetteville in NC? I ask because I had an odd experience with them. I inquired about a car there and they demanded a 10k deposit! I've bought a lot of BMWs but this would be my first Porsche. Normally $500 would do it. Is this common?
I just bought mine two months ago from Porsche of Jackson MS and it was a 2k deposit.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:13 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by spiderv6
Almost $90K for a '14 S? You think that's hot?

I think the summer sun is driving dealer expectations up........
I guess you know better than I do. Go make them an OFFER. The market sets the prices not me.

Yeah, these builds are a dime a dozen
Old 06-06-2016, 12:16 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I guess you know better than I do. Go make them an OFFER. The market sets the prices not me.

Miaooowwwww
Old 06-06-2016, 12:29 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

Thanks, STG. That's a great build at what appears to be a pretty fair price, at least vs what's out there.

Any advice - and I'm asking other RLs, too, who have traveled to buy cars - on how to proceed with a purchase from out of state? Specifically, would you put down a deposit to hold the car in advance of traveling, or just try to set up an appointment and risk it being sold? Having never bought a car at a distance, any help/experience would be appreciated. Thx!
Old 06-06-2016, 12:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by spiderv6
Miaooowwwww
A HFS car is one that is a "package deal". Those that follow long enough here know the routine.

I've explained it 100 times. Sometimes you have to give and take.

Have a better deal, PLEASE post one. We need more here.

If someone picks that car up for around $85-86K they're getting a sweet ride. Trust me, if it sits 60 days it will drop a few grand. Chance you have to take. This car will be gone within a week.

I look at cars daily and am having a hard time finding decent ones. The .2's have not changed the .1 market at all. If anything, they've helped it in my opinion so far.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:45 PM
Austin-Guy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
Thanks, STG. That's a great build at what appears to be a pretty fair price, at least vs what's out there.

Any advice - and I'm asking other RLs, too, who have traveled to buy cars - on how to proceed with a purchase from out of state? Specifically, would you put down a deposit to hold the car in advance of traveling, or just try to set up an appointment and risk it being sold? Having never bought a car at a distance, any help/experience would be appreciated. Thx!
As mentioned above I just bought mine a few mo. ago from an out of state dealer. If the car is the build you want put down the deposit, no sense in taking the chance of it being sold if it's what you looking for.

I asked for a ton of pics and all the documentation I could get (helped since they did the service previously on the car) then once we were set on a price, I placed the deposit (I also had a trade in). About 8 days later I drove 700 miles with my trade in to the dealer to test drive and visually inspect the car, everything was as described so less than two hrs. later I was on my way back home with a new to me '14 C2S.. worked great for me
Old 06-06-2016, 12:46 PM
STG
Race Director

Great question. Many dealers have different policies. Some are great about holding a car with a small refundable deposit and some will sell it from under you without a deposit and sales contract.

Getting some stories from guys who have been through it would be helpful to many.

In my case, I put a deposit down contingent upon my inspection and me traveling there. I made the trip quick as to not have them hold a car that they might sell to someone else if I didn't want it.

Last edited by STG; 06-06-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 12:58 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Great question. Many dealers have different policies. Some are great about holding a car with a small refundable deposit and some will sell it from under you without a deposit and sales contract.

Getting some stories from guys who have been through it would be helpful to many.

In my case, I put a deposit down contingent upon my inspection and me traveling there. I made the trip quick as to not have them old a car that to might sell to someone else if I didn't want it.
I live in NY and bought a car on the west coast. They said they wouldn't "hold it for me" but I did not have to put a deposit on it and I had someone I knew from that area inspect the car and test drive it. Took about two weeks before I actually purchased it and although they spoke about a deposit I never put one down.

All depends on th dealership
Old 06-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I think I can answer this as I brought two Porsches from out of state.

Steps:
1. Called and inquire about the car, asked for carfax and negotiate on the price, once we agree.
2. Have them take it to another Porsche dealership to get PPI, have PPI results emailed to me, called the dealership that did the PPI and talked to the mechanic about it. Once PPI is satisfactory.
3. Place a refundable deposit (One was $1,000, the other was $5,000) to hold the car while I fly out there to test drive and inspect it myself.
4. Signed paperwork, arranged shipping for one, and drove home with the other.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one out of state, you get the best deal and price this way.
Old 06-06-2016, 02:11 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by STG
I've explained it 100 times.
Well thanks for taking the time to make it 101 for silly old me.

We can argue all day about cars, specs, deals. Happy to do so. This is a public forum where people post opinions. You think that car is a hot deal - great. I do not. Let's debate.

What is not ok are the condescending, eye-rolling comments. It's not cool and I'm calling you out on it.

Back to the cars.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991