HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 03:03 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Guys! Not on their website yet. Just popped up. Looks like a KILLER deal

Lowest priced CPO Carrera S in the USA!!

991.1 $56K OFF MSRP. Unheard of! These don't come up often! Under 10K miles and a CPO.

These are the kind of deals why guys follow this thread

Don't hesitate! Whoever looks into this, please update us.

http://ray-catena.porschedealer.com

http://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory...&partner=CCO_0
I wonder why so cheap? Porsche St. Louis had almost an identical build, 11k miles, CPO 2012, and sold it for $73,900 in 4 days. Local dealer had a similar car, 14k miles, sold at $75k in a week. Somebody grab it before they fix the price!
Old 06-08-2016, 03:11 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sivasli
Yes it is local. The car is located near San Francisco.
I can wait a ltlle bit. No rush.
Btw, I couldnt find similar car(2014 911 with PSE and chrono) under $80K.
If you have any suggestions I can have a look.
Thanks
Price seems fair, not great. Private party? The car I am buying is from a dealer, 11k miles, one owner 2013 loaded Aerokit Cup S, $129k build, for $77,900. It even comes with factory car cover and battery tender. Seems like that car being $77,900, then your 2014 w/7k more miles is not worth more than $80k. Seems like after 2-3 years, these cars lose around $4-6k a year in value, and another $2500-3000 for every 10,000 miles on the odometer (for similar option builds). The steepest yearly depreciation is up front of course: the difference between a loaded 2012 S w/10k miles and a loaded 2013 w/10k miles is around $5k, probably about $6-7k up to a 2014 loaded S w/10k miles.
Old 06-08-2016, 06:35 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 212 Posts

That one for $62.5k seems way under market price...either a great deal or they will probaby change the price. Sometimes I see cars like that get listed and the next day they went up $5-10k.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:11 AM
evergreenbar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Pretty much fits my 991 search wish-list except for full leather (SPASM, PDK, SC, SE), one of my preferred colors, and the year/price-point I was targeting... Going to call them tomorrow and hopefully make this one mine. Hopefully I'm not fighting anyone else here for it! :-)

I've never purchased a Porsche CPO car before... What are the thoughts on needing an independent PPI on a 9K mile CPO car from a Porsche dealer?
Sleep well at night and spend a few hundred for a PPI. Good Luck
Old 06-08-2016, 08:36 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Party is OVER

Got a message it's NOT available. Emailed them last night. Sorry for the false call.

Shouldn't have been loaded into their listings. Maybe just got returned in from a lease and you'll see it pop up again for more $$$?

Oh well, seemed too good to be true. Anyway, you have to be on the hunt at all times. The searches continue.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:04 AM
RCD
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
A lot of their used 991's I've seen are PCNA drivers school/press cars. I think when opening, they couldn't get enough used cars. Prices have all been on the high side.
STG - I have seen a few references to dealers selling Porsche Drivers School (or equivalent) cars. This is something I would like to watch out for, but I am not sure how. Does the dealer have to disclose that the car was used in a drivers school? If not, how do you tell?
Old 06-08-2016, 10:26 AM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RCD
STG - I have seen a few references to dealers selling Porsche Drivers School (or equivalent) cars. This is something I would like to watch out for, but I am not sure how. Does the dealer have to disclose that the car was used in a drivers school? If not, how do you tell?
I've seen such cars in the past, and you have to look at the CarFax for ownership history....
Old 06-08-2016, 10:36 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by RCD
Great question!

As noted by Plenum. The CarFax gives clues. Never says anything specific though. I have learned to spot them. Lack of ownership history pretty much. They usually pop up with like 5-7K miles or so on their first entry. PCNA auctions them off directly to Porsche dealers. A lot of dealers will stay away from buying these cars. These guys in West Broward are hungry for inventory and will buy anything. These are all examples.

Old 06-08-2016, 10:50 AM
r00t61
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by RCD
The Carfax history will say something like "Vehicle originally titled as part of commercial fleet" or similar.

Additionally the title location will usually be in the vicinity of the corresponding driver's school. For example, Porsche Driver's School is located in Atlanta, so the Carfax will probably say that the car was titled and registered at a DMV in Georgia.

Over the years I have seen a number of Carfaxes for Corvettes used at the Ron Fellows Driving School in Las Vegas and they follow this pattern.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:51 AM
RCD
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
As noted by Plenum. The CarFax gives clues. Never says anything specific though. I have learned to spot them. Lack of ownership history pretty much. They usually pop up with like 5-7K miles or so on their first entry. PCNA auctions them off directly to Porsche dealers. A lot of dealers will stay away from buying these cars. These guys in West Broward are hungry for inventory and will buy anything. These are all examples.
This is great information. Thanks!
Old 06-08-2016, 11:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by RCD
This is great information. Thanks!
No problem. Anytime.

You'll never see it registered or any details about location. Same goes with dealer demos. Just like the examples I've noted.

I believe for "press cars" I've seen that noted on build sheets.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:22 AM
STG
Race Director

This is a dealer demo.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:27 PM
teambell
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ratdog33
seems I can't find a black GTS Cab. Lots of white ones. Anyone seen, or have a black GTS Cab?
Porsche of Colorado Springs has a 2015 Rhodium Silver GTS4 Cab. I would appreciate if you would buy it so I will stop being tempted!

http://www.porscheofcoloradosprings....gts-c-1146.htm
Old 06-08-2016, 01:50 PM
WJGreer
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by parealtor
Having worked at one of the original carmax locations in Atlanta in the mids 90's; I can tell you 99% of the employees knew nothing about cars. It was like a Best Buy but for cars.
That's OK. I don't require a car salesperson to know about the product; I know more than they do 95% of the time anyway, even at the dealers. I don't say that to feel good about myself - it's just a reflection of the fact that cars are a love for me and a job for them. I want a car salesman to facilitate test drives on cars I am interested in buying (in return I agree not to abuse their time by driving cars for fun) and to streamline the transaction when I do buy. That's all I want.

I am in sales myself, and I realize that people in the car sales profession may be put off by my attitude, and I certainly understand that I remove profit levers by minimizing my interaction with them. Cars, though, are an objectively understood purchase if not a commodity. The information is out there. I don't need it from a guy trying to make a sale right this minute. Selling cars is not a collaborative process in 2016. It's just not.

Carmax offers a very compelling proposition. If a guy is serious about buying a car like a Porsche, a ~$350 transfer fee and a 5-day no questions return policy is very close to risk free, compared to flying two time zones away to look at a Porsche, then buying it out of state and getting it home. I would definitely give Carmax a try if I found a car I liked in their inventory.
Old 06-08-2016, 01:50 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
That one for $62.5k seems way under market price...either a great deal or they will probaby change the price. Sometimes I see cars like that get listed and the next day they went up $5-10k.
No kidding....dealers don't honor pricing that is a mistake typically. They don't give away $10 grand willingly. Gotta find some Ford dealer that took a mis-priced trade (like the one that was selling a 9k mile, $124k build 997 GTS 4 in as-new condition for $70k because they had it listed as a C2S)

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991