Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 09:58 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

This thread is becoming VERY addictive. I am patiently waiting for the right C4S with Glass Roof as I somewhat gave up my hope for a clean 997.1 TT

Thanks again for all of your efforts STG!!!!
Old 03-02-2016, 10:14 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG
This thread is becoming VERY addictive. I am patiently waiting for the right C4S with Glass Roof as I somewhat gave up my hope for a clean 997.1 TT

Welcome!

just keep up the searches and keep us posted. Many guys here have had the TT in the past, but the NA engine is a different great flavor as well!

A forum member mentioned this search engine today:

https://www.autolist.com

Have not checked it out, but may be useful. I guess pulls listings from multiple sites. Any guys use it?
Old 03-02-2016, 11:22 PM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TTG

In case you still want a Turbo, I found this nice 997.2 at a local (to me) dealer: http://www.leithporsche.com/used-Ral...AD2A97CS766480

;
Old 03-03-2016, 01:13 AM
STG
Race Director

^^^ John Alvi @ Leith is a good guy. Tell him you're a Rennlister and Hot for Sale buddy and he'll take care of you well.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:45 AM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Welcome!

just keep up the searches and keep us posted. Many guys here have had the TT in the past, but the NA engine is a different great flavor as well!

A forum member mentioned this search engine today:

https://www.autolist.com

Have not checked it out, but may be useful. I guess pulls listings from multiple sites. Any guys use it?
Thank you, I will check it out and keep you posted when something interesting comes across.

Originally Posted by Zucc
In case you still want a Turbo, I found this nice 997.2 at a local (to me) dealer: http://www.leithporsche.com/used-Ral...AD2A97CS766480
;
Thanks Zucc. Great car for sure but my interest was on a .1 TT with manual transmission only. By the time I eliminated all tips, conv, black cars, all I have been left is many cars with stories or high miles. But I still keep an eye for a TT as well.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Zucc
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Aspir8
A lot of folks stuffing their garages with the NA engines??

Or getting rid of them to jump on a new 991.2 turbo?

A lot of used car sales start out as new car sales, then people realize that instead of buying a new cayman or boxster they can get a low mileage 911 for the same price or less. Or they start out to buy a new Carrera S and realize that they can buy one that is a couple of years old in brand new condition with a warranty and save 40k. Really nice used cars always have the potential to cannibalize new car sales.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:29 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 332 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
A lot of used car sales start out as new car sales, then people realize that instead of buying a new cayman or boxster they can get a low mileage 911 for the same price or less. Or they start out to buy a new Carrera S and realize that they can buy one that is a couple of years old in brand new condition with a warranty and save 40k. Really nice used cars always have the potential to cannibalize new car sales.
I fully get the buy side motivations of the CPO buying transaction (that's how I get them). My questions were more focused on the other side of the transaction. For each CPO on the lot (all of the great ones listed in this thread are late model), what did the folks who departed with them do? I assume they are not buying older cars. So my assumption was they were either buying new"er" (they purchased a newer 991.1 to get the most current NA engine they could before things went turbo), or were they perhaps hopping over to the new turbo's when they came out, or did they switch to a Panamera or Macan or something. The question was more out of curiosity than anything.
Old 03-03-2016, 11:58 AM
STG
Race Director

All the current 991's on the market are leases, trade-ins for another 991.1, or decided to move on to another brand or model.

Sports cars in general are impulse buys for many, and often not primary cars. The honeymoon wears off sometimes, or they just keep rotating in new cars. Why it's not unusual to see such low mileage cars.

I've heard of guys at Porsche dealers buying a new car on average every month. Constantly rotating through them.

There also were a lot of 2012.4/2013 991 owners who upgraded to a GTS or the GT cars as well.

As I noted earlier, the big surge with CPO looks like it's from Macan sales as they enter the used market.

One other factor, the economy plays into it too. CPO sales increase as the stock market/etc. slows down. Why buy new when you can save a lot of $$$, like posted here?

Let's find some more listings now!

Last edited by STG; 03-03-2016 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 01:20 PM
Hotel Guy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

STG991,
Great thread, new member here soaking up as much as I can. Tried to PM you but don't think I have enough posts yet. Anyways, I'm an Audi guy searching for my first Porsche and thoughts on pricing for the following vehicle would be very very helpful!

2013 C2S Cabriolet
12,000 miles, Black, PDK
Main Options:
Sport Chrono
Premium Package Plus
14 Way Power Sport Seats
Bose
PSE
PDLS
Power Steering Plus

$130k MSRP. Mint condition, CPO (warranty for 3 more years, or 100k). Asking $78k. How HOTT are we talking??

Last edited by Hotel Guy; 03-03-2016 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:23 PM
STG
Race Director

Hotel Guy, you are correct about needing enough posts to PM.

That car at just over $50K off with those miles and CPO sounds like a hot deal. Offer them $74K and go from there. Try and get something off. Is it local to you?

As long as it checks out in person. Looks like you've done your homework here. Great first post! Welcome as well.
Old 03-03-2016, 02:46 PM
911Enthusiast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$23K off 2015 GTS Aerokit Cup PDK with SPASM. Only 3K miles. Talk them down a few more grand
Is it possible to remove the Aerokit cup after it's been installed? I.e. Restore the original grill? And if so, what is the approximate cost?
Old 03-03-2016, 02:48 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 911Enthusiast
Is it possible to remove the Aerokit cup after it's been installed? I.e. Restore the original grill? And if so, what is the approximate cost?
Not sure what you mean by "grill"?

You mean the front bumper or rear spoiler?
Old 03-03-2016, 02:54 PM
911Enthusiast
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apologies for not being more specific. I meant removing the Aerokit spoiler in the rear. Something Like this:

https://photos.stuttcars.info/upload...ttcars_com.jpg
Old 03-03-2016, 03:00 PM
Hotel Guy
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hotel Guy, you are correct about needing enough posts to PM.

That car at just over $50K off with those miles and CPO sounds like a hot deal. Offer them $74K and go from there. Try and get something off. Is it local to you?

As long as it checks out in person. Looks like you've done your homework here. Great first post! Welcome as well.
Thanks! Good thing is that I'm very good friends with one of the mechanics at that specific dealership who gave me all kinds of inside detail. Said the GM mentioned they are into the car for $76k (lease turn-in I believe). Now just need to figure out if I'm going with a cab or coupe!

Its not immediately local but its not too far.
Old 03-03-2016, 03:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by 911Enthusiast
Apologies for not being more specific. I meant removing the Aerokit spoiler in the rear. Something Like this:

https://photos.stuttcars.info/upload...ttcars_com.jpg
Yes. The only thing you'd have to research is the wiring harness to connect power. I'm sure it's not an issue. I've done the reverse, and put a duck on. There's not much to the retractable spoiler. You can usually find them used for well under $1K. I've seen them as little as $500.00

eBay has a few listed. One is $360.00!

You might just need to paint it if you can't find the right color. Let me know. I want that Aerokit rear spoiler!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991