Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Mickey Le
Hey guys new to Rennlist and been searching for my first Porsche.
So Im super nervous about pulling the trigger on the right one. So all the advice I can get would be awesome.
I found this one that is listed on Rennlist and multiple other places.
Everything seems to be in order but is there something I should be looking out for? Seems like the lister is a avid rennlister.
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1161676/page1

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...rera-s-manual/
hey there- welcome. Good luck finding your Porsche of your dreams.

nice car. Weird to me that it was wrapped from day one. But no biggie. The thing that jumps out to me is that seller states full leather interior, fully loaded. It is not. It has leather seats, 18 way which are nice, but does not have the full leather dash and door panels that come with full leather interior. He’s overselling this car a bit lol. I know some people could care less about the full leather option, but to me it really makes the interior of a Porsche feel high end. I wouldn’t own one without it.

in regards to price. 130k msrp new, probably sold for less than msrp as a guards red Porsche c2s is not a rare car or rare build. Now 3 years old. I would expect it to sell for less than 91k asking. Maybe mid 80s is what I would shoot for. Good luck friend!
Old 12-26-2019, 08:39 PM
Nate2046
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 100 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivyplaya01

nice car. Weird to me that it was wrapped from day one. But no biggie.!
I like the wrap, it definitely looks good, but it would make me really nervous to buy a car that I can’t inspect the paint. It’s nice to give people the benefit of the doubt but you really have no idea what’s going on under there or whether damage might be done removing it. $90k is a lot to spend on a pig in a poke. I’m starting to see more and more S’s at dealers for right around that number so I’d say that’s a pretty high ask for a private party deal. Good luck on the search.
The following users liked this post:
scr1244 (01-09-2020)
Old 12-27-2019, 01:00 AM
CayenneBlack
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

So Im super nervous about pulling the trigger on the right one. So all the advice I can get would be awesome.
Everything seems to be in order but is there something I should be looking out for? Seems like the lister is a avid rennlister.

I saw this car too but the Carfax shows 4 owners whereas one of the ads stated 2 owners. Therefore, you may want to see why there are so many owners given the mileage.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:47 AM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
There was a way to enter a vin# on the Porsche site to find a built sheet. So, we could see exactly what options a particular car had and the original MSRP and hence, we knew whether it was a hot deal or not (basically desirable options, high MSRP, low miles, preferable with warranty, and low asking price). However, as more and more people knew, it got abused. You'll find all these "helpful" guys posting the built sheets all over various threads, whether asked or not. Porsche knew and tried to modify the software a couple of times. We had some bright guys here who found a go-around. I believe Vin Anaytics came around that time and tried to make money from it by building a database of all the built sheets. That is when Porsche got serious and shut it down.

Nowadays, Vin Analytics still provides info of whatever was previously released. Also, Porsche still posts the built sheets on its pre-owned search site (so, more info still comes in). However, if a car was not previously discovered and has not been advertised in the pre-owned Porsche site, then you won't be able to see the built sheet unless the seller volunteers it. Private sellers may do so, but independent dealers most likely won't even know what options are in the car.

I use Vinanalytics.com all the time and cannot remember the last time I came up empty-handed without a build sheet. I also used to use the backdoor, until it was shut.
The following 2 users liked this post by HelpMeHelpU:
Mickey Le (12-27-2019), Scorponok (12-27-2019)
Old 12-27-2019, 02:18 PM
Kg11
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 31 Posts

Does anyone know who's car this is? Obviously a scam, but the car pictured may be owned by someone on here!

https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/fo...021622884.html
Old 12-27-2019, 02:40 PM
chekraze
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dkk16
Need some advice.

Looking do buy a new 2019 Targa 4, 4S, or GTS. With the end of the year, dealers are discounting 6-10%.

I came across a slightly used 19 Targa GTS Agate/Agate (I happen to like Agate/Agate). No Comfort Entry, No Ventilated Seats. 745 miles. Full Front PPE, Battery Charger (even though he did not order a smoking pkg). This guy built it & the dealer didn't do him any favors. MSRP $157K. For 2019 Targa's they sold 645-GTS's, 380-4S's, 85-4's. Average MSRP of 2019 Targa GTS is $168,660. They got him with a Key warranty, Scratch/Ding warranty, Windshield warranty, rim warranty,etc... He is an older guy & super nice. Supposedly he can get a refund on the warranty's.

He was asking $172, trying to recoup all his extras. I was patient with him trying not to insult him & make him understand reality. I got him down to reality at 10% off MSRP &142K which is ok i think. He now wants $143K It is a very vanilla build. The only mechanical upgrade is rear axle steering. No cosmetic upgrades, kinda boring, but still a bad *** 911 Targa GTS.

I guess my issue is, IMO having a GTS you have certain expectations of modifications, color enhancements, bells & whistles, etc... This one, nothing.

Now my question. Does this NOT having the Comfort Entry & Seat Ventilation a negative against the perceived value? Normal percentage off depreciation of new 911's are 13-17%. Is my 10% off his MSRP significant enough for a down the road hit? I can easily pass & get a very attractive 4 with everything incl my aftermarket PPF, tint & delivery for 6K more than the used. Or a 4S for 12K more than the used. Or a GTS for more than 21K more than the used.

I can install my own smoking kit & cargo net for $450..

What say you??
I passed on an otherwise perfect targa GTS b/c it didn't have prem pkg plus. At that price it's unreal to not have keyless entry. is there a reason you have to have 2019. are you open to other model years? And for todays Targa I'd say find one that has some visual pop to it. But I guess you could always wrap it as far as exterior goes. Is interior 2 tone at least?

He is asking waay toomuch. But if it's the car for you ask him to get his refund on the warranties, go carmax for a bid and tell him you'll pay $2K over what they quote him.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:45 PM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

I find the For Sale thread confusing. The wrap was not on the car from Day 1, since he has pics of the car in red, and he isn't the first owner. Then he states it was around 2K miles, and later it was around 3300 miles. What I've heard about wrap is that it's very important you know the shop that put it on, as it's easy to get razor marks in the original paint when the wrap is being applied.

The situation with the GT4 wheels is also unique.

Personally I think the price is too high considering you would be buying a car without knowing the condition of the paint. That's certainly a risk you wouldn't be taking with a different car.
Old 12-27-2019, 08:58 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2
I find the For Sale thread confusing. The wrap was not on the car from Day 1, since he has pics of the car in red, and he isn't the first owner. Then he states it was around 2K miles, and later it was around 3300 miles. What I've heard about wrap is that it's very important you know the shop that put it on, as it's easy to get razor marks in the original paint when the wrap is being applied.

The situation with the GT4 wheels is also unique.

Personally I think the price is too high considering you would be buying a car without knowing the condition of the paint. That's certainly a risk you wouldn't be taking with a different car.
Too many red flags/questions. No need to overthink. Just pass.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:20 PM
Upscale Audio
Rennlist Member

Received 1,090 Likes on 591 Posts

Originally Posted by ajeffrey10
Too many red flags/questions. No need to overthink. Just pass.
I for one would never own a wrapped car. It always degrades and then your faced with a question: Do I rewrap? And a color change? Why???
Old 12-28-2019, 12:15 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I say buying a 911 without comfort entry and seat ventilation is like going deer hunting without an accordion.
lol...

It really burns my *** when folks spec their sports cars without air conditioned seats.

Whats next? No power steering plus??
Old 12-29-2019, 02:08 PM
nochain19
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Came across this https://www.edhicksimports.com/used/...4f53bb9911.htm

Seems like it has all the right options and attractive price, dealership looks like it has decent reviews as well. Thoughts?
Old 12-29-2019, 02:34 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by nochain19

Seems like it has all the right options and attractive price, dealership looks like it has decent reviews as well. Thoughts?
Pretty nice options list

Old 12-29-2019, 04:21 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by nochain19

Very well optioned. Seems like a solid HFS. Wow, 991 s highly optioned close to $50k. And those miles don’t scare me if it’s been maintained.

wish I could see more pics- unless I’m not navigating the Ed Hicks website properly.
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (12-29-2019)
Old 12-29-2019, 05:38 PM
ajeffrey10
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 34 Posts

Very well optioned. Seems like a solid HFS. Wow, 991 s highly optioned close to $50k. And those miles don’t scare me if it’s been maintained.

wish I could see more pics- unless I’m not navigating the Ed Hicks website properly.
Agreed. Great build, perhaps most similar to mine I’ve seen.

Frame of reference: I paid $80k for a pristine CPO 13 C2S with < 9k miles just over two years ago. It was a one owner, CA car.
Old 12-29-2019, 11:13 PM
flgfish
Pro

Received 162 Likes on 99 Posts

Yeah, agreed, that's a good deal. The miles are no problem at all, if you plan on driving the car. If this had been on the market a year earlier, I'd have bought it.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991