Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Man, I had a hard time following that explanation. What’s the final MSRP on the car you are proposing? Or, what did the guy pay for it, after all his options and extras?
Old 12-25-2019, 08:11 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dkk16
Need some advice.

Looking do buy a new 2019 Targa 4, 4S, or GTS. With the end of the year, dealers are discounting 6-10%.

I came across a slightly used 19 Targa GTS Agate/Agate (I happen to like Agate/Agate). No Comfort Entry, No Ventilated Seats. 745 miles. Full Front PPE, Battery Charger (even though he did not order a smoking pkg). This guy built it & the dealer didn't do him any favors. MSRP $157K. For 2019 Targa's they sold 645-GTS's, 380-4S's, 85-4's. Average MSRP of 2019 Targa GTS is $168,660. They got him with a Key warranty, Scratch/Ding warranty, Windshield warranty, rim warranty,etc... He is an older guy & super nice. Supposedly he can get a refund on the warranty's.

He was asking $172, trying to recoup all his extras. I was patient with him trying not to insult him & make him understand reality. I got him down to reality at 10% off MSRP &142K which is ok i think. He now wants $143K It is a very vanilla build. The only mechanical upgrade is rear axle steering. No cosmetic upgrades, kinda boring, but still a bad *** 911 Targa GTS.

I guess my issue is, IMO having a GTS you have certain expectations of modifications, color enhancements, bells & whistles, etc... This one, nothing.

Now my question. Does this NOT having the Comfort Entry & Seat Ventilation a negative against the perceived value? Normal percentage off depreciation of new 911's are 13-17%. Is my 10% off his MSRP significant enough for a down the road hit? I can easily pass & get a very attractive 4 with everything incl my aftermarket PPF, tint & delivery for 6K more than the used. Or a 4S for 12K more than the used. Or a GTS for more than 21K more than the used.

I can install my own smoking kit & cargo net for $450..

What say you??
msrp 157k, but he was asking 172k? Used? I’m so lost here. Can you better clarify your post so we can help Provide better input?

sounds like an awesome car.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:01 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Ivyplaya01
Man, I had a hard time following that explanation. What’s the final MSRP on the car you are proposing? Or, what did the guy pay for it, after all his options and extras?
msrp 157k, but he was asking 172k? Used? I’m so lost here. Can you better clarify your post so we can help Provide better input?

sounds like an awesome car.
I know it's hard to follow, I apologize...

This guy was trying to sell his 2019 used car for $15K more than he bought it for hoping to recoup his PPF, Tint, & other accessories he purchased for said car. I tried to explain to him without insulting him, "that's not how it works". His MSRP was $157K he is/was selling it for $172K. I got him down to $143K, I'm stuck at $142K

My question , Is 10% off the MSRP enough off for the initial depreciation and for the fact that is is a very generic build that could potentially not be desirable down the road.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:09 PM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

This guy was trying to sell his 2019 used car for $15K more than he bought it for hoping to recoup his PPF, Tint, & other accessories he purchased for said car. I tried to explain to him without insulting him, "that's not how it works". His MSRP was $157K he is/was selling it for $172K. I got him down to $143K, I'm stuck at $142K

My question , Is 10% off the MSRP enough off for the initial depreciation and for the fact that is is a very generic build that could potentially not be desirable down the road.
Even if I could afford it the lack of Entry and Drive would be a dealbreaker for me.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Do you like Agate/Agate? Boring to say the least but I doubt there are many others since I am not sure many would order it!
Old 12-25-2019, 09:16 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I say buying a 911 without comfort entry and seat ventilation is like going deer hunting without an accordion.
well.... you get lazy with comfort entry and in Az ventilated seats are very nice.

Also one of my questions, was with a GTS, are those two items, which are part of the premium package plus, which 99% of GTS’s have, desirable enough to be mandatory for a resale.
Old 12-25-2019, 09:36 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

well.... you get lazy with comfort entry and in Az ventilated seats are very nice.

Also one of my questions, was with a GTS, are those two items, which are part of the premium package plus, which 99% of GTS’s have, desirable enough to be mandatory for a resale.
i have comfort entry in my 991, and it’s not a deal breaker for sure for me. Nor are ventilated seats, Which I also have, but I’m Ohio. I’m sure Arizona is a different story:

for that price point, I would say build your own car and pay an extra 10%. Being able to customize your car to your own specs is priceless. This is definitely not HFS unless you were looking for this exact car/build/color combo. And the extras are certainly worth something, but he shouldn’t get more than $.50 on the dollar for them. It sounds like he can recoup the cost of some of them from the dealer. They are more an added bonus for you as the second owner. . I’m wondering why he’s ditching car after only 700 miles....
Old 12-25-2019, 09:48 PM
Dkk16
Racer

i have comfort entry in my 991, and it’s not a deal breaker for sure for me. Nor are ventilated seats, Which I also have, but I’m Ohio. I’m sure Arizona is a different story:

for that price point, I would say build your own car and pay an extra 10%. Being able to customize your car to your own specs is priceless. This is definitely not HFS unless you were looking for this exact car/build/color combo. And the extras are certainly worth something, but he shouldn’t get more than $.50 on the dollar for them. It sounds like he can recoup the cost of some of them from the dealer. They are more an added bonus for you as the second owner. . I’m wondering why he’s ditching car after only 700 miles....
Good points.

I don’t care for the 992 models and my 991 Targa inventory is very lean.

He has personal reasons for the sale.

I just wanted some feedback from the experts on desirability without certain options on a GTS🇩🇪🏁.
Old 12-25-2019, 10:05 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Good points.

I don’t care for the 992 models and my 991 Targa inventory is very lean.

He has personal reasons for the sale.

I just wanted some feedback from the experts on desirability without certain options on a GTS🇩🇪🏁.
well, I’m certainly no expert. But I think those options missing are easy to work around, if the price is right. And depending on if YOU are able to enjoy the car without those options.

you’re right, 2019 targa used options are certainly lean, but if you open it up to 2017 and 2018, lots more open up. And many of those are CPO.

but if this is the car for you, just working on price, I would shoot for 20% off his 157k msrp price, and then maybe pay him a bit more for the after market accessories that are valuable to you- ie ppf. Are all those wheel and key warranty’s transferable? So maybe around $125-130k?

for what it’s worth, I used to have a 997 targa 4s, and targas are lovely cars. I very much enjoyed it. The 991 targa has turned the style level up to an eleven! So you can’t go wrong with a gts targa 991. (Except for the fact that with 991’s you have to take the bumper off to replace damn engine air filters- craziness. I did it today to my 991, was smoother process than I was expecting, bit still compared to the ease of the 997, crazy design lol).
Old 12-26-2019, 01:37 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by mjj
Just curious, what happened to the OP STG? He created the most popular thread on Rennlist. Been a while since I have seen his name. Did he ever replace his fantastic GT Silver 991? He was always an unbelievable source of info.
Originally Posted by pfbz
He's around and still posts here occasionally... I think non-Rennlist stuff keeps him pretty busy these days!
Hey guys, just checked in ... sorry, been swamped with out of state work and only home a few days a week. All good stuff, but no time to contribute.

Saw the comment about someone not being happy about how the thread is going, I would encourage people to post great finds to keep it going. Unfortunately, those who are actively looking don't want to give up any finds. It really takes a person who is just casually looking and has a good eye (like myself) ... I found ALOT of cars in the past and played matchmaker too many times to count ... Anyway, it looks like there's some decent discussion but hope things can stay alive and well here. Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-26-2019, 01:40 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

took me awhile but here are the pics. Already have put 1500 miles on the car, love driving it.

Oh yeah, the Ohio car ... been a while since last seeing it. Congrats.
Old 12-26-2019, 02:16 AM
SFOJAM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Dkk,

I think you've answered your own question; no. 10% off msrp isn't enough for the initial hit on anything, much less what you term a vanilla build.

As you've pointed out well, targas are likely the rarest of 991s.

The whole point of this car is the satisfaction of it ticking all the boxes in terms of color, spec, etc.

I could argue that even at $135k I think you're letting price get in the way of your preferred build.

I'd ask another question: how far away from your ideal build is this car, in terms of options and color?
Old 12-26-2019, 02:21 AM
SFOJAM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

And while we're at it: a local northern ca targa gts for our collective consideration

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/20040b38
Old 12-26-2019, 04:05 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 349 Posts

Originally Posted by SFOJAM
And while we're at it: a local northern ca targa gts for our collective consideration

http://atcm.co/S2PVDP/20040b38
Not sure it's a great deal, but it looks fantastic and has a nice build (just needs PCCBs)

Old 12-26-2019, 05:42 PM
Mickey Le
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey guys new to Rennlist and been searching for my first Porsche.
So Im super nervous about pulling the trigger on the right one. So all the advice I can get would be awesome.
I found this one that is listed on Rennlist and multiple other places.
Everything seems to be in order but is there something I should be looking out for? Seems like the lister is a avid rennlister.
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1161676/page1

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/2...rera-s-manual/

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991