Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 05:39 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by sr5959
Congratulations, sounds awesome! Looking forward to the pics!
took me awhile but here are the pics. Already have put 1500 miles on the car, love driving it.

Old 12-21-2019, 06:26 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ivyplaya01
I’m excited to say I pulled the trigger and completed purchase of a 2013 c2s that was previously listed here on hfs back in 2015/2016. After selling my 997 targa 4s back in 2012, and a detour into Audi ownership for several years, I’m back to Porsche ownership. Long overdue. Although the S5 Sportback was a joy to own for the past year.

Black On Black, C2S with x51 powerkit package, cup aerokit, pccb, sport plus, full leather and carbon fiber interior, yellow accents, Burmester audio. Crazy extensive build. And thanks to a fellow rennlister windblow, I have some fantastic Carrera sport IIIs platinum satin wheels with snow tires on it now ready for winter time use in Ohio.

I’ll post pics as soon as I can. so excited.
my original post. I have since retrofitted a 991.2 steering wheel to it to update the appearance of the interior.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:30 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
Also, since Porsche closed the backdoor, the purpose of this thread is no longer the same. It is tough to research a hot buy when you can't find them. Blame this thread's popularity and Vin Analysts
What was the backdoor?
Old 12-22-2019, 12:45 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
What was the backdoor?
There was a way to enter a vin# on the Porsche site to find a built sheet. So, we could see exactly what options a particular car had and the original MSRP and hence, we knew whether it was a hot deal or not (basically desirable options, high MSRP, low miles, preferable with warranty, and low asking price). However, as more and more people knew, it got abused. You'll find all these "helpful" guys posting the built sheets all over various threads, whether asked or not. Porsche knew and tried to modify the software a couple of times. We had some bright guys here who found a go-around. I believe Vin Anaytics came around that time and tried to make money from it by building a database of all the built sheets. That is when Porsche got serious and shut it down.

Nowadays, Vin Analytics still provides info of whatever was previously released. Also, Porsche still posts the built sheets on its pre-owned search site (so, more info still comes in). However, if a car was not previously discovered and has not been advertised in the pre-owned Porsche site, then you won't be able to see the built sheet unless the seller volunteers it. Private sellers may do so, but independent dealers most likely won't even know what options are in the car.
Old 12-22-2019, 01:22 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,447 Likes on 2,357 Posts

And if someone really wants a nice looking Build Sheet (window sticker) they can be purchased on Suncoast: https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...OWSTICKER.html
Old 12-22-2019, 02:35 PM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
There was a way to enter a vin# on the Porsche site to find a built sheet. So, we could see exactly what options a particular car had and the original MSRP and hence, we knew whether it was a hot deal or not (basically desirable options, high MSRP, low miles, preferable with warranty, and low asking price). However, as more and more people knew, it got abused. You'll find all these "helpful" guys posting the built sheets all over various threads, whether asked or not. Porsche knew and tried to modify the software a couple of times. We had some bright guys here who found a go-around. I believe Vin Anaytics came around that time and tried to make money from it by building a database of all the built sheets. That is when Porsche got serious and shut it down.

Nowadays, Vin Analytics still provides info of whatever was previously released. Also, Porsche still posts the built sheets on its pre-owned search site (so, more info still comes in). However, if a car was not previously discovered and has not been advertised in the pre-owned Porsche site, then you won't be able to see the built sheet unless the seller volunteers it. Private sellers may do so, but independent dealers most likely won't even know what options are in the car.
The misinformation in this post is seriously misleading and completely off the mark.

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
And if someone really wants a nice looking Build Sheet (window sticker) they can be purchased on Suncoast: https://www.suncoastparts.com/produc...OWSTICKER.html
Please do not pay for PDF window stickers people. Talk about making money off of things ... PDFs are available free from VINAnalytics.com
The following 3 users liked this post by Scorponok:
SF Neunelfer (12-22-2019), sr5959 (12-22-2019), Thinc2 (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 09:20 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

IMHO, this thread has lost its original intent to find great deals on 991 Porsches. Too bad.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:55 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

^ Then share a deal to get the thread back on course...the commentary doesn't really contribute much just like the posts you're targeting with your comment.
Old 12-23-2019, 10:28 AM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dkmesa
^ Then share a deal to get the thread back on course...the commentary doesn't really contribute much just like the posts you're targeting with your comment.
I agree.

and some of these posts may seem inconsistent from the original purpose of 991 HFS, but you need to read the history of posts in the thread to gain the full perspective. for example my recent posts were made because my car I just bought WAS originally featured and discussed in HFS a couple years ago, and it certainly was a HFS purchase this time around again. It helped to talk to others about it before making the purchase. $70k for a 991s with 29k miles under CPo warranty with original window sticker of $172k certainly qualified in my opinion as HFS. My two cents. I love this thread
The following 2 users liked this post by Ivyplaya01:
beegee (12-29-2019), shammerman (12-23-2019)
Old 12-23-2019, 01:33 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
You are right that my post is equally non value to the original intent of the knowledge and posts that STG developed. If I was aware of a great deal I would post it. I am not alone to express my concern as to where this thread has gone. We need knowledgeable 991 experts who enjoy looking at offerings and finding treasures. Just have not seen that in months.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:24 PM
Explorer16
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

I know a little bit about this car. it was for sale at Lynwood Audi this past summer. We made an offer and they declined. It had about 13K miles at the time. It disappeared from their for sale section so I figured they sold it. I actually liked the car a lot. Very rare color. A couple of weeks rolled by and it showed up on auto trader I believe, and it's being sold by Elliot bay motors. They repainted the wheels black, which I thought made the car look sharper (it was platinum),,
and they added a couple thousand to the price.We drove it but my wife did not like the stiff ride (PASM Sport) so we did not buy it. A month or so later they sold the car. The summer went by and it's back on auto trader with 5K more miles on it. I looked at the Carfax and it has a Theft report on it. My guess is that somebody bought it and took it for a joyride for a couple of months and had it repossessed. 5K miles in a couple of months is a lot for a 911. Not typical. Just be aware.
Old 12-23-2019, 11:27 PM
Explorer16
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 63 Posts

I was referring to the anthracite red 911.
The following users liked this post:
scr1244 (12-25-2019)
Old 12-24-2019, 01:54 AM
sr5959
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Interesting, when I was thinking about buying my first 911 last summer, I went with my gf to return her Q5 at end of lease to Lynnwood Audi. This Amaranth Red 911S was sitting in their showroom and I sat in it. I asked the guy sitting at his desk about it but he was a little rude as he probably thought I wasn’t serious. It is a good-looking car but the theft on the Carfax would put me off buying.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:04 PM
Dkk16
Racer

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Need some advice.

Looking do buy a new 2019 Targa 4, 4S, or GTS. With the end of the year, dealers are discounting 6-10%.

I came across a slightly used 19 Targa GTS Agate/Agate (I happen to like Agate/Agate). No Comfort Entry, No Ventilated Seats. 745 miles. Full Front PPE, Battery Charger (even though he did not order a smoking pkg). This guy built it & the dealer didn't do him any favors. MSRP $157K. For 2019 Targa's they sold 645-GTS's, 380-4S's, 85-4's. Average MSRP of 2019 Targa GTS is $168,660. They got him with a Key warranty, Scratch/Ding warranty, Windshield warranty, rim warranty,etc... He is an older guy & super nice. Supposedly he can get a refund on the warranty's.

He was asking $172, trying to recoup all his extras. I was patient with him trying not to insult him & make him understand reality. I got him down to reality at 10% off MSRP &142K which is ok i think. He now wants $143K It is a very vanilla build. The only mechanical upgrade is rear axle steering. No cosmetic upgrades, kinda boring, but still a bad *** 911 Targa GTS.

I guess my issue is, IMO having a GTS you have certain expectations of modifications, color enhancements, bells & whistles, etc... This one, nothing.

Now my question. Does this NOT having the Comfort Entry & Seat Ventilation a negative against the perceived value? Normal percentage off depreciation of new 911's are 13-17%. Is my 10% off his MSRP significant enough for a down the road hit? I can easily pass & get a very attractive 4 with everything incl my aftermarket PPF, tint & delivery for 6K more than the used. Or a 4S for 12K more than the used. Or a GTS for more than 21K more than the used.

I can install my own smoking kit & cargo net for $450..

What say you??
Old 12-25-2019, 07:57 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

I say buying a 911 without comfort entry and seat ventilation is like going deer hunting without an accordion.
The following 4 users liked this post by Freddie Two Bs:
computertom (12-27-2019), flgfish (12-26-2019), pfbz (12-28-2019), TheChemist (12-25-2019)

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991