Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 09:44 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,516 Posts

...now all you have to do is build a tool to fix Porsche's completely crippled used car locator.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:45 PM
rw229
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, that would be awesome considering many of the cars available are not listed and many of those that are have already been sold. One I inquired about was sold two months prior. The old site seemed to me much better.

Originally Posted by pfbz
...now all you have to do is build a tool to fix Porsche's completely crippled used car locator.
Old 08-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
This is WAY beyond AMAZING. Wow--thank you! It is--and you are--awesome! Very impressed that PCNA was supportive. I will think of a host of things to add.

You mentioned you needed ads to pay for AWS. The only ads I saw were for MSFT's Azure Cloud service! Perhaps they're jealous you're using AWS! The ads are fine.

Keep up the great work!

Thank you.
Thanks, it’s my pleasure! Hilarious about Microsoft! They have a ways to go before I switch to them!

Originally Posted by STG
Thanks k997!

What an awesome thing that a Rennlister started this. Now tell us, the guy who posted about being able to pull build sheets again was a genius. I don't have time to pull up the post. He was a life saver, as are you with your easy way to pull build sheets.

You were offline until then. See the news here I assume??
STG! I can neither confirm nor deny!

Originally Posted by erikcw
Yes, thanks k997! Great resource!

Feature request: Ability to run remote, over the air, Over-Rev scans on HFS manual cars... ;-)
Ha, that would be awesome wouldn’t it?

Originally Posted by rw229
Thank you for this awesome service. In addition to providing pretty build sheets, I find it invaluable for finding the true specs of a vehicle rather than the normally inaccurate information provide by dealers... especially important when trying to find a seemingly rare manual with sport exhaust and no sunroof.

Cheers!
You’re welcome!

Ha, could possibly be done, will keep you all posted.

Originally Posted by rw229
Yeah, that would be awesome considering many of the cars available are not listed and many of those that are have already been sold. One I inquired about was sold two months prior. The old site seemed to me much better.
Very true, it’s unfortunate the tools are as bad as they are.
Old 08-04-2018, 09:51 PM
alexisthemovie
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Currently in the market for 991 - can you guys help me ballpark the following cars?

I'm also curious as to how certain options are valued on used cars - primarily PSE and Sports Chrono.

PSE or aftermarket exhaust, Sports Chrono, and Sports Design wheel with paddles can all be added to cars but the cost is at least $4500 on cars which lack all 3. This is a pretty sizable amount of money to those who consider all 3 as "must haves".

2012.5 C2S PDK with 30k miles and none of the above options

2012.5 C2S PDK with 45k miles, PSE and Sports Chrono

It seems like 7MT cars are quite a bit cheaper than similar PDK cars, is this simply what the market is demanding? Seems odd because there is a big price gap between 997S and 997GT3 for those who will only buy an MT car.

What is the price delta between C2 and C2S if everything else were identical?
Old 08-04-2018, 10:29 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts

A bit of an education is in order per below. Pse and the sport wheel can be added. Sports chrono can not. pdcc can not. MT cars demand a 5 to 8k premium over pdk. High mileage cars are always the lowest rung of the ladder regardless of options or year.

Originally Posted by alexisthemovie
Currently in the market for 991 - can you guys help me ballpark the following cars?

I'm also curious as to how certain options are valued on used cars - primarily PSE and Sports Chrono.

PSE or aftermarket exhaust, Sports Chrono, and Sports Design wheel with paddles can all be added to cars but the cost is at least $4500 on cars which lack all 3. This is a pretty sizable amount of money to those who consider all 3 as "must haves".

2012.5 C2S PDK with 30k miles and none of the above options

2012.5 C2S PDK with 45k miles, PSE and Sports Chrono

It seems like 7MT cars are quite a bit cheaper than similar PDK cars, is this simply what the market is demanding? Seems odd because there is a big price gap between 997S and 997GT3 for those who will only buy an MT car.

What is the price delta between C2 and C2S if everything else were identical?
Old 08-05-2018, 02:06 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Lack of Porsche dealer maintenance, auction car, rotors look worn, bad aftermarket wheels, etc would have me cautious. Would need a lot of investigating here.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...AB2A95ES120198

WP0AB2A95ES120198

https://www.grandprimotors.com/used/...86be0b0c3b.htm
It's been posted before: sketchy dealership. Pay a bit more for a car from a trustworthy seller.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:08 AM
raidersfan
Three Wheelin'

Received 154 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
A bit of an education is in order per below. Pse and the sport wheel can be added. Sports chrono can not. pdcc can not. MT cars demand a 5 to 8k premium over pdk. High mileage cars are always the lowest rung of the ladder regardless of options or year.
Are you sure MT cars sell for more? I don't follow the market THAT closely, but I haven't seen that to be the case. In the GTS market, I find manuals vs PDK to be priced comparably. The 997.2 market is different however; a manual will bring a slight premium and sell more quickly.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:41 AM
alexisthemovie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
In terms of Sport Chrono, I'm mostly interested in the benefits of faster PDK shifting and launch control, which can also be added with Cobb Accessport. I have no real interest in the dynamic engine mounts or clock on the dashboard.

In terms of MT cars demanding a premium, I really don't think you're right on that. From what I've seen, they're a few thousand dollars cheaper.
Old 08-05-2018, 02:46 AM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,275 Likes on 470 Posts

Sport Chrono can be retro-fitted to a Macan. I know people who’ve done it. You just don’t get the clock on the dashboard.

Can it definitely not be retro-fitted to a 991?
Old 08-05-2018, 03:32 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,832 Likes on 1,516 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Sport Chrono can be retro-fitted to a Macan. I know people who’ve done it. You just don’t get the clock on the dashboard.

I'm sure the capability exists within Zuffenhausen, but it is definitely not offered for sale through Porsche. 997.2 is the last 911 that has sport chrono software offered as an after-delivery upgrade.

It's too bad really, as the PDK without SC on 991.1 gen cars is definitely sluggish for my tastes. While the dynamic engine mount portion of SC is nice, doing without is not a deal breaker. An sluggish PDK is.

Also, the Cobb tuning specifically for PDK gets mixed reviews. They definitely get the ECU portion right, but from what I've read a Cobb tune isn't an adequate substitute for SC on a 997.1 generation PDK car.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:37 AM
alexisthemovie
Rennlist Member

I'm sure the capability exists within Zuffenhausen, but it is definitely not offered for sale through Porsche. 997.2 is the last 911 that has sport chrono software offered as an after-delivery upgrade.

It's too bad really, as the PDK without SC on 991.1 gen cars is definitely sluggish for my tastes. While the dynamic engine mount portion of SC is nice, doing without is not a deal breaker. An sluggish PDK is.

Also, the Cobb tuning specifically for PDK gets mixed reviews. They definitely get the ECU portion right, but from what I've read a Cobb tune isn't an adequate substitute for SC on a 997.1 generation PDK car.
My mistake on that then. It blows my mind that a factory PDK reflash is not available through a dealer.

When you talk about the Cobb PDK tune being an inadequate substitute, are you referring to the shift speed or general drivability / smoothness? I assume that the Cobb PDK tune would simply reduce clutch slipping to "bang the gears" harder so to speak.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:33 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander

Cannot be installed on a 991.

On a Macan it's only software as even the clock is present on a Macan S without SC.

On a 991, SC is a bit more complicated. Plus you have the dynamic engine mounts as well.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:48 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 430 Likes on 307 Posts
Default MT Cars - US Production numbers

Yes I am positive. I have watched the market closely now for 3 year multiple different sources including this thread. For a properly optioned car the manual will sell for a 5 to 8 K premium. Properly optioned means means S or better SC PDCC etc and other options can act as a price kicker (no sunroof, Etc). If the car is not properly optioned it will not make a difference. With higher mileage cars also it will not make a difference as they are selling for less regardless the transmission choice. In the Porsche world rarity increases price. I am not sure of production numbers but I am guessing 80% of cars here are ordered with PDK (perhaps someone can chime in with real data though) ? I would say this also holds true for the GTS market although GT cars generally have a different set of market rules. I would offer that it probably does not affect value for cabs and targas as their market demographic's are generally different.

From the original post, The Porsche Sport Chrono Package on the 991 enhances vehicle performance through a system that simultaneously alters elements of chassis, engine, and transmission. It can not be added without extreme cost and headache.

Originally Posted by raidersfan
Are you sure MT cars sell for more? I don't follow the market THAT closely, but I haven't seen that to be the case. In the GTS market, I find manuals vs PDK to be priced comparably. The 997.2 market is different however; a manual will bring a slight premium and sell more quickly.
Old 08-05-2018, 09:53 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Manuals are less than 5% of production.

Demand is less, as resale numbers aren't super premium. Now a WELL optioned manual build does command more, as is the case with PDK ones most of the time. Finding that unicorn build manual is VERY hard.
Old 08-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,275 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by STG

On a Macan it's only software as even the clock is present on a Macan S without SC.
It may be different in the US, but here in the UK, your Macan S only comes with the clock atop the dashboard if you specced SC on the factory order.

If you don’t have SC, you can spec a dashboard mounted compass, but not a clock/stopwatch.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991