Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 12:28 AM
go.illini
Pro

Received 28 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Didn't even check the build. $125K? Yikes.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:43 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 138 Likes on 96 Posts

How much is a new top (but then you still have the interior to deal with)? For $50 f'ing grand, I feel compelled to buy that thing simply to have it. That fundamental value metric is insane. Honestly if I didn't have to pay a sales tax, I might feel like it's too good a price to pass up. But a color combo like that you really have to bottom fish on the price to feel good about it.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:02 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,878 Likes on 1,531 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
How much is a new top (but then you still have the interior to deal with)? For $50 f'ing grand, I feel compelled to buy that thing simply to have it. That fundamental value metric is insane. Honestly if I didn't have to pay a sales tax, I might feel like it's too good a price to pass up. But a color combo like that you really have to bottom fish on the price to feel good about it.
Interior color would be prohibitively expensive to change... Top would be extremely expensive to change and really doesn't fix the problem... Even though the yellow isn't the problem per se, it certainly clashes with the rest.

About the only solution I can see is changing the exterior color to white, and to keep it reasonable, just www.dipyourcar.com :-)

White with red top, red leather certainly isn't one of my top-ten color combos, but at least it isn't hideous...

Then again, you might still have a $50K car that looks like crap. Now at $40K, I'd be happy to channel Ronald McDonald for a while...

Last edited by pfbz; 02-23-2018 at 04:20 AM.
Old 02-23-2018, 08:20 AM
SBARacing
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by K-A
10K for a new top with labor st the dealer.
I saw a car that had a blue top on a red car with black interior that I was think the same thing. The dealer had a ruff time selling that, so this one would be even harder.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:10 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Interior color would be prohibitively expensive to change... Top would be extremely expensive to change and really doesn't fix the problem... Even though the yellow isn't the problem per se, it certainly clashes with the rest.

About the only solution I can see is changing the exterior color to white, and to keep it reasonable, just www.dipyourcar.com :-)

White with red top, red leather certainly isn't one of my top-ten color combos, but at least it isn't hideous...

Then again, you might still have a $50K car that looks like crap. Now at $40K, I'd be happy to channel Ronald McDonald for a while...

That was my thought too. Wouldn't be half bad if it were wrapped white or silver. Throw some black floor mats to break up the read, and you've got a bandaid fix for a few grand.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:28 PM
sessionstu
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You could have the top, seats, and some of the interior pieces dyed black. I've seen it done with good results. I personally wouldn't want to do it, but it's possible.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:02 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ but why? Just find the correct color combination for your taste. After spending all that $$$ to correct your bottom feeding, you'll end up with the same kind of resale value because....it was not born that way...
Old 02-23-2018, 02:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ but why? Just find the correct color combination for your taste. After spending all that $$$ to correct your bottom feeding, you'll end up with the same kind of resale value because....it was not born that way...

Exactly. Spend $10,000 more and get the car you want.

Any color modifications to that car, will result in a resale value even worse than leaving as it is plus 100% loss on the color mods.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:42 PM
Covfefe
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I found this yellow 991 with red interior and red top just now in my local results. After picking my jaw up, I immediately ran over here to share, but I see you guys are already all over it.. Ronald McDonald jokes and all. Man, if this thing wasn't owned by Ronald McDonald himself or some McDonalds franchise owner, I'd love to know the story on this car and the original owner.

For those mentioning replacement of top, dye would be much cheaper. I had a 997 S Cab with a stone grey top that I dyed black. I used a few coats of Renovo dye and sealer and it came out great. It never faded or needed redone. That said, it wouldn't do anything to help the unfortunate interior exterior clash. I like yellow cars, and I like red interiors but not together.

I think the only hope at redemption for this car would be a vinyl wrap on the exterior. Avery Dennison satin Nero would look pretty killer with red interior. Top could then be left red or dyed black. You'd still have to deal with reselling that car one day.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:45 PM
Covfefe
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is what Avery Dennison Satin Nero vinyl wrap looks like for reference ...
Old 02-23-2018, 04:09 PM
NorCalJCO
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New to the forum and looking for a 991 cab. My last few toys have been Aston's and have decided to look for a car that is easy for my wife to enjoy as well. Looking for silver agate over black interior CPO loaded up. Needs to be a cab and would prefer <25K. My eyes are bleeding from all the research and endless dead end calls with dealers as I'm pretty picky (no paintwork, interior gouges, etc). Am I looking in the wrong spots or can anyone recommend a solid dealer? BTW located in Northern California. Thanks in advance!
Old 02-23-2018, 05:32 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be another pricing error, or a good deal on a well loaded and well driven 991.1S. PASM, Sport Exhaust, Sport Design Wheel, Sunroof delete.
https://www.rockville-porsche.com/ba...115387b30e.htm

Old 02-23-2018, 05:51 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Originally Posted by NorCalJCO
New to the forum and looking for a 991 cab. My last few toys have been Aston's and have decided to look for a car that is easy for my wife to enjoy as well. Looking for silver agate over black interior CPO loaded up. Needs to be a cab and would prefer <25K. My eyes are bleeding from all the research and endless dead end calls with dealers as I'm pretty picky (no paintwork, interior gouges, etc). Am I looking in the wrong spots or can anyone recommend a solid dealer? BTW located in Northern California. Thanks in advance!
You're probably not looking in the wrong spot. Just not many opportunities, especially the more specific your must-have list is. When I was hunting, my saved search on autotrader was helpful, but i also checked my local dealers' sites daily and regional dealers weekly. I think I found the one I bought posted on the Porsche Atl Perimeter site before the Autotrader listing was live.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:52 PM
dkmesa
Pro

Originally Posted by HiAperture
Could be another pricing error, or a good deal on a well loaded and well driven 991.1S. PASM, Sport Exhaust, Sport Design Wheel, Sunroof delete.
https://www.rockville-porsche.com/ba...115387b30e.htm

I saw this one - and love the build. Bet the price is legitimate given the mileage, and seems like more than fair mileage adjustment. I'd trade me low-option, lower mileage base for it straight up
Old 02-23-2018, 06:22 PM
HiAperture
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dkmesa
I saw this one - and love the build. Bet the price is legitimate given the mileage, and seems like more than fair mileage adjustment. I'd trade me low-option, lower mileage base for it straight up
considering the link catagory under the website is “bargains”. I tend to think this one is real. At that price with those miles it will plaster a big smile on someone’s face who doesn’t have to worry about driving it like they stole it.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991