Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2024, 11:37 PM
drcarver
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 56 Posts

With the help of this thread, I’ve gotten prepped for my incoming 21” wheels (Thinkdiag crashed every time I tried to enter the quotation mark, but the apostrophe worked just fine. Strange.). However I feel like I’m missing something simple here. Is there a place to program tire pressures for this new tire option?

Last edited by drcarver; 06-27-2024 at 11:19 AM.
Old 06-27-2024, 09:35 AM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by drcarver
With the help of this thread, I’ve gotten prepped for my incoming 21” wheels (Thinkdiag crashed every time I tried to enter the parentheses, but the apostrophe worked just fine. Strange.). However I feel like I’m missing something simple here. Is there a place to program tire pressures for this new tire option?

I believe the coding to customize the tire pressures are the following:

Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Part load/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (partially loaded/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Part load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (Part load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Full load/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (Full load/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Full load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (Full load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}

For these tire pressure codes, 1 bar = 14.5 psi so the default codes for the front tires of 2.2 equates to 31.9 (which is rounded to 32 psi) and the default codes for the rear tires of 2.5 equates to 36.25 psi (which is rounded to 36 psi).
The following users liked this post:
911T4ME (06-28-2024)
Old 06-27-2024, 10:49 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,185 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken718B
I coded my 718 to have the doors remain locked when the frunk/trunk was opened and did not have the issue with the chirp not working

I have now instead coded my 718 to have the opening of the frunk/trunk unlock the doors and trigger the relocking function so the doors will relock if I do not open the doors within 60 seconds. I also did not have the issue with the chirp not working with this coding.
I could be totally wrong in my assessment as to what happened, but coding the frunk to open while the doors remained locked is the only thing I changed. The loss of chirping never happened before the code change. Maybe opening the frunk for a short amount of time will not cause issues, but I had frunk opened for an extended period to change out the siren. Assuming it timed out, the computer thought the car was locked and noted an open trigger (frunk). Forget to mention that the car alarm (not the chirping siren) went off, so there was a trigger that caused it to go off. Like I said, I could be totally off in my assessment, but changed the coding back to original.
Old 06-27-2024, 11:18 AM
drcarver
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 56 Posts

I believe the coding to customize the tire pressures are the following:

Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Part load/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (partially loaded/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Part load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/TB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (Part load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Full load/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (Full load/Comfort) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on rear axle (Full load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.5}
Instrument Cluster: TPMS nominal pressure pairs—Nominal pressure pair (summer/free text/VB)-Nominal pressure on front axle (Full load/Standard) = [set desired pressure] {Default: 2.2}

For these tire pressure codes, 1 bar = 14.5 psi so the default codes for the front tires of 2.2 equates to 31.9 (which is rounded to 32 psi) and the default codes for the rear tires of 2.5 equates to 36.25 psi (which is rounded to 36 psi).

@Ken718B You're the man! Will try this weekend and report back. Thanks!
Ken718B (06-27-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 02:19 PM
99-911
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Is it possible to program both door mirrors to tilt down when in Reverse?
Kindly post the coding if you've done it.

TIA
Old 06-28-2024, 03:06 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by 99-911

TIA
Here is the coding I saw somewhere to add the ability for the mirror to dip when reversing. I thought it was just the passenger side mirror that dips but never paid that much attention to it. The post that discussed this coding indicated that without a motor, the dip is not as much as if the mirror has a motor. My 718 has mirror dip from factory so I confirmed these codes but can’t test it.

Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 3- Lower mirror = 1 {Default: 0}
Instrument Cluster: Board computer display configuration key 1-BC configuration byte 8- Reversing options – lower mirror = Open {Default: Shutdown}
Instrument Cluster: Board computer display configuration key 2-BC configuration byte 8- Reversing options- lower mirror = Open {Default: Shutdown}
Instrument Cluster: Board computer display configuration factory setting – BC configuration byte 8 - Reversing options – lower mirror = Open {Default: Shutdown} [My car has mirror dip and this code was set to shutdown. Anyone know what this code does?]
Driver’s Door: Coding- Exterior rearview mirror 1 - mirror lowering for reverse gear = Active {Default: Not Active}
Passenger’s Door: Coding- Exterior rearview mirror 1 - mirror lowering for reverse gear = Active {Default: Not Active}
99-911 (06-30-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 03:30 PM
Wayne Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 762 Posts

FWIW, on my 997.2, I can dip either mirror when in reverse gear based on the side to side adjustment selector switch. But I can't dip both at the same time.
99-911 (06-30-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 11:05 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,185 Likes on 712 Posts

Originally Posted by 99-911

TIA
Another way to do this without Thinkdiag is to dip you driver side mirror and then save it to one of your door memory buttons. When time to park, just press the door memory button to dip the driver mirror. Remember, do not save this setting to your key and remember to turn off Auto Memory in your MFD (under the Locking menu) - this way the key memory will work when you go back to the car and mirror will be in the up position. This won't work if you have more than one driver with different memory seat and mirror settings. Certainly, a manual process versus Thinkdiag, but sometimes I want the driver side mirror up when backing up to see things better.
99-911 (06-30-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 01:11 AM
99-911
Instructor

Received 42 Likes on 29 Posts

Here is the coding I saw somewhere to add the ability for the mirror to dip when reversing. I thought it was just the passenger side mirror that dips but never paid that much attention to it. The post that discussed this coding indicated that without a motor, the dip is not as much as if the mirror has a motor. My 718 has mirror dip from factory so I confirmed these codes but can’t test it.

Instrument Cluster: Board computer menu configuration-Board computer menu configuration byte 3- Lower mirror = 1 {Default: 0}
Instrument Cluster: Board computer display configuration key 1-BC configuration byte 8- Reversing options – lower mirror = Open {Default: Shutdown}
Instrument Cluster: Board computer display configuration key 2-BC configuration byte 8- Reversing options- lower mirror = Open {Default: Shutdown}
Instrument Cluster: Board computer display configuration factory setting – BC configuration byte 8 - Reversing options – lower mirror = Open {Default: Shutdown} [My car has mirror dip and this code was set to shutdown. Anyone know what this code does?]
Driver’s Door: Coding- Exterior rearview mirror 1 - mirror lowering for reverse gear = Active {Default: Not Active}
Passenger’s Door: Coding- Exterior rearview mirror 1 - mirror lowering for reverse gear = Active {Default: Not Active}

Thank you for taking the time.
my 991 does the passenger side automatically, however, I wanted to program the driver side like-wise which you kindly included in your post.

Old 06-30-2024, 05:27 PM
Rumble-Bee
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

991.2 TTS here. A few questions on the custom TPMS.

I rec’d a spreadsheet from a former RL member and posted a screenshot with my modifications to this message.

I have implemented the settings in spreadsheet rows 35-44
The settings in rows 37 & 38 represent the custom settings (labeled ‘21” Pilots’ exactly 10 characters as that field requires) for Partial Load/Comfort settings. These values are set to 32/36 psi equivalent (front/rear). And they seem to work. See the screen shots where I select them and the target values show before the drive to register the current settings, which must be done after the fill type selection.

The question is what is it actually comparing the observed tire pressures to once they are registered after the drive. You can see from the screen shots after the drive that the values are not being compared to 32/36 which showed as fill targets.

TIA,
Rumble-Bee

Spreadsheet showing coding changes

Custom tire selected

Custom tire partial load/Comfort fill type

Custom tire fill targets

Custom tire current values after driving

Custom tire fill info after register via drive. Does not match pre drive target values.
Old 07-01-2024, 09:11 AM
Kethran
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Kethran
Interesting, surprised that it worked for you on a newer model/generation (991.2) but won't work on my 981.

SBR mat defaulted to shutdown on my car as well.

I did the swap and didn't get any warning lights other than the expected "passenger air bag off". Not surprising since I had disabled the other airbags and seatbelt warning lights. When I did the swap I took the seat position sensors and buckles off my old seats and plugged them into the wiring harness, as well as a 2.7 ohm resistor connected to the pins for the thorax airbag. With this setup ThinkDiag shows no errors codes other than one for the PODS being disconnected.

Will keep tinkering with the ThinkDiag. Also picked up a PIWIS 3 but haven't had time to set it up and try it out yet.
To follow up, surprisingly even a PIWIS in engineering mode was not successful in changing these settings on my car. Just gave me an error code "10010: Error while writing". Would seem there is some other factor preventing me from changing this coding on my car. Slightly concerned it may be related to my car having an aftermarket head unit replacing the PCM/CDR, given the surprising number of systems which seem to interface with the PCM/CDR system in these cars.
Old 07-02-2024, 01:37 AM
leedo3
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default early 2012 991.1 C2S notes

I have an early 2012 991.1 C2S and was able to successfully recode:
Lane change flasher to 5x
Activate wiper teardrop
Display actual coolant temp (really like this one)
Change spoiler deployment speed
EBD activated (used Santrix settings)
Activate rear running lights
Open/close windows AND sunroof with key fob. items 1 and 2 set the windows, items 3 and 4 set the sunroof.
Gauges on all the time.

Need some help on two items:
1) Could not get the gauge needle to be on all the time Did not see setting "DD lights with marker light" option. Search of DD did not turn up anything.
2) Pressing the frunk open on the key fob currently unlocks the frunk and the driver's door (passenger side stays locked). My ThinkDiag screen is different: shows "rear lid in central locking - NO. Is there way to keep both doors unlocked?

BTW: where can Rain Sensor settings be found?

Thanks everyone for all the posts.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:35 PM
martkat
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

About to have my new to me 2012.5 (C2S 991.1) delivered in a week or so. 21K miles

Last night I ordered the Thinkdiag all software version per this thread (used discount code and paid $94.40)

I’m old and know nothing about android products. Can someone give me a link to a tablet I can get from Amazon that will work straight up without any side load stuff (whatever that is?). I’ll only be using it for Thinkdiag so I’d prefer not spending $500.

plus - what on earth is meant by “bricking”

Last edited by martkat; 07-02-2024 at 03:41 PM.
Old 07-02-2024, 03:56 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by martkat
About to have my new to me 2012.5 (C2S 991.1) delivered in a week or so. 21K miles

Last night I ordered the Thinkdiag all software version per this thread (used discount code and paid $94.40)

I’m old and know nothing about android products. Can someone give me a link to a tablet I can get from Amazon that will work straight up without any side load stuff (whatever that is?). I’ll only be using it for Thinkdiag so I’d prefer not spending $500.

I would think you could find an older samsung tablet on offerup or craigslist for under $75 that would work just fine. Any andriod tablet will work but if you go with a samsung tablet you can expect it to be decent. The one I use is really old, like 10 years old and works fine so anyone should work.
Old 07-02-2024, 06:13 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Originally Posted by martkat

If you want to install the thinkdiag app from the playstore get an android phone. The thinkdiag app can’t be installed directly from the playstore on a tablet. With a tablet there are some extra steps. I am not an android user but my recollection is you just need to authorize developer mode and then permit installation of third party apps.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic