Sponsored by:

Thinkdiag Magic

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2024, 08:23 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim981CS
My 981 already retained the memory of the last setting of the start/stop button (some did) so I did not research that. IMHO the engine gets up to operating temperature quicker in normal mode and then I switch to Sport mode so I did not research the memory on the Sport button as I would not use it. YMMV The coding for it may be out there but I do not recall seeing it.

The coding I have already done with PIWIS2 on my 981 is: GT3 steering, PTV, PDK “N” neutral display, G-force display, B/U camera, cluster lights stay on, actual coolant temperature displayed, Sport Chrono timing function, PSE activation with new switch panel. Future coding projects: expert menu display in MFD, Performance menu display in MFD and emergency brake light strobe and the Sport Plus button activation if it can be discovered.
Jim
Jim did you post details on coding "Sports Chrono timing function" and "PSE activation with new switch panel"?
Old 04-22-2024, 08:49 PM
Jim981CS
Pro

Received 282 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by joserpaq
Jim did you post details on coding "Sports Chrono timing function" and "PSE activation with new switch panel"?
The link I included in post #489 from @Visual details the Sport Plus activation in the PCM3.1 that activated the SC timing functions but it required the 16 digit hacked code tied to your VIN. Only the SC activation and SC timing requires the hacked code the other functions mostly just require changing a nein to ja in the German development mode. I recall seeing the PSE activation steps on the forum but mine was previously activated six years ago at the dealership after I installed the Suncoast kit and paid them to program and activate the PSE button. I purchased the PIWIS2 last year and did all of the other coding myself with help from the forum.
Jim

edit: found this PSE activation steps on an old P9 post. Looks like it requires an activation code. I was not familiar six years ago with PIWIS and the Porsche activation codes. Maybe Suncoast provided them, I don’t remember????

I also found this on a recent RL post

Last edited by Jim981CS; 04-23-2024 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Added attachment
Old 04-22-2024, 09:21 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

My 981 already retained the memory of the last setting of the start/stop button (some did) so I did not research that. IMHO the engine gets up to operating temperature quicker in normal mode and then I switch to Sport mode so I did not research the memory on the Sport button as I would not use it. YMMV The coding for it may be out there but I do not recall seeing it.

The coding I have already done with PIWIS2 on my 981 is: GT3 steering, PTV, PDK “N” neutral display, G-force display, B/U camera, cluster lights stay on, actual coolant temperature displayed, Sport Chrono timing function, PSE activation with new switch panel. Future coding projects: expert menu display in MFD, Performance menu display in MFD and emergency brake light strobe and the Sport Plus button activation if it can be discovered.
Jim
I looked but did not see it. If you see it please let me know.

Last edited by Ken718B; 04-22-2024 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-22-2024, 09:36 PM
Ken718B
Banned

I am not sure if the Thinkdiag has the option to set the value of G-force when the taillights strobe but on the PIWIS2 the values can be set. @nhnguy12 concluded to activate his at .4G and turn off at .3G so it will activate with a quick stop but not under normal braking. YMMV
Jim
It does. Setting the g force at which it activates is part of the coding.
The following users liked this post:
Jim981CS (04-22-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 10:28 PM
Ken718B
Banned

Thanks Ken. Now I just need to get home to give this a try.
I was looking at something else this evening, so I coded the joker buttons and took a picture of the additional menus for you. Let me know if it works.
Attached Images   
Old 04-24-2024, 10:37 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 840 Likes on 553 Posts

What are the best options for 991.2 users
Speed2k (06-14-2024)
Old 04-24-2024, 11:10 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ken718B
I was looking at something else this evening, so I coded the joker buttons and took a picture of the additional menus for you. Let me know if it works.
My 991.1S doesn't have any of those option available for the joker button. On the MF display I can only pick from PCM Function or Cluster Function, so no vehicle menu. Also when I go into coding option in "instrument cluster" and search for "joker" the only thing that comes up is the option to designate "0" or "1" showing it exist and the option to assign the joker key to Horn but say "China only" for that option. I don't see any way to turn on the vehicle menu for the joker key MF menu so I don't see any way to assign the joker key to any of the vehicle features.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:14 AM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

I did some searching in "instrument cluster" and found the menus in the pics below. The menu "Board computer display configuration key (1-4) - BC configuration Byte 18 - Steering wheel multifunction button"

I tried selecting "KI start/stop sportchrono" and "KI sportchrono" or key 1 & 2 and checked on wheel but that didn't change programming on any of the wheel buttons. Anyone have any idea what these options change? Not sure what "BC configuration Byte 18" or "KI sportchrono" means.

Here are the menus that I can select having to do with MF

These are the options to select SC

Last edited by joserpaq; 04-25-2024 at 12:17 AM.
Old 04-25-2024, 12:59 AM
Ken718B
Banned

I did some searching in "instrument cluster" and found the menus in the pics below. The menu "Board computer display configuration key (1-4) - BC configuration Byte 18 - Steering wheel multifunction button"

I tried selecting "KI start/stop sportchrono" and "KI sportchrono" or key 1 & 2 and checked on wheel but that didn't change programming on any of the wheel buttons. Anyone have any idea what these options change? Not sure what "BC configuration Byte 18" or "KI sportchrono" means.

Here are the menus that I can select having to do with MF

These are the options to select SC
What was that code set to when you first checked it? On my 718 that code is set to what the diamond key is programmed to. I also have a lot more choices. My only guess is that KI stands for Kill but that is only a guess.
Attached Images     
Old 04-25-2024, 03:13 PM
RicB
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by B Russ
I'd like to know this also. I can't tell from reading the thread which owners are using Thinkdiag on a 991.1 vs 991.2. And from the Thinkdiag website, in their vehicle coverage inquiry section, it appears that they only support 991.2 MY 2017? Which lucky for me is the year I have.
Old 04-25-2024, 04:30 PM
Frankfurt1470
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RicB
I'd like to know this also. I can't tell from reading the thread which owners are using Thinkdiag on a 991.1 vs 991.2. And from the Thinkdiag website, in their vehicle coverage inquiry section, it appears that they only support 991.2 MY 2017? Which lucky for me is the year I have.
if you go back in the thread, I published a whole list of modifications. I programmed on my 2019 991.2. Those definitely work on your model as well.
thesaintusa (04-25-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 04:37 PM
joserpaq
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ken718B
What was that code set to when you first checked it? On my 718 that code is set to what the diamond key is programmed to. I also have a lot more choices. My only guess is that KI stands for Kill but that is only a guess.
Mine are all set to "KI Side Vehicle" but I also see that when I select any of the keys all the options that come up have "KI" in front of them like "KI-Sportchrono". I see in your list that you have some option that have the "KI" in front but also others that don't. Do you have Key 1-4 as options? if so what are they set to? Not sure if Keys are for keyfob's 1-4 that can be programmed to the car.
Old 04-25-2024, 05:04 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankfurt1470
if you go back in the thread, I published a whole list of modifications. I programmed on my 2019 991.2. Those definitely work on your model as well.
Thanks to this thread have been able to program my 2019 GTS.

1. Activate tear drop function for wipers
2. Set single touch indicator to 5 flashes
3. Turn off auto stop/start
4. Activate emergency braking flashing
5. Increase boost pressure max display to 22 psi

Have not yet fiddled with spoiler deployment speed, DRLs on with headlights and a few other options, but not urgent.

Not sure if there are other items that 'need' to be coded. I tried to activate windows up and down with the FOB, but using the pdf that was linked earlier, the coding options didn't match with what I saw.

Old 04-25-2024, 05:05 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by B Russ
The Thinkdiag Magic works for the 991.2, at least on my 2019 GTS.
Old 04-25-2024, 05:08 PM
thesaintusa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
I think it is part of the PDF, nonetheless here it is:

[1] System Selection -> Front-End Electronics

a-> Code/brush Hiding

b-> Rule Coding

c-> Coding value

d-> Coding value_2

e-> "Coding value--Comfort functions--Window comfort open" Set to true

[2] System Selection -> Front-End Electronics

-> Code/brush Hiding

-> Rule Coding

-> Coding value

-> Coding value_2

-> "Coding value--Comfort functions--Window comfort close" Set to true

[3] System Selection -> Front-End Electronics

-> Code/brush Hiding

-> Rule Coding

-> Coding value

-> Coding value_1

-> "Coding value--Comfort functions--Comfort functions via door lock" Set to true

[4] System Selection -> Front-End Electronics

-> Code/brush Hiding

-> Rule Coding

-> Coding value

-> Coding value_1

-> "Coding value--Comfort functions--Comfort functions via remote control" Set to true
Unfortunately I could not see these options/codes for my 991.2.

Thanks for posting though.

Quick Reply: Thinkdiag Magic