Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2022, 11:23 PM
Oileater
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by skl
Even though these are in my spyder, I also like the P1 inserts. My T has the 18 ways so inserts aren't easy to do, and I like the "cloth" inserts it came with, though I would have liked the pin stripes... (and I wanted them to match the houndstooth inserts I've had in my 914 for 51 years...)
Love this fabric pattern.
The following users liked this post:
Norge911 (08-22-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 01:13 PM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 260 Likes on 153 Posts

If anyone is thinking of selling a T with LWBs anytime this year please IM me. I'm on a slow hunt.
Beartooth (08-16-2022)
Old 08-16-2022, 04:28 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Or if anyone wants sell their lwb seats or trade for base Carrera T seats - ping me.

im in no rush. Just waiting …. on people’s backs to have enough. 😂
minh (08-16-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 12:14 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

What a lot of folks have been hoping for...

5:25 for us. Down "4.5%" in the last few months... We definitely have a smaller relative sample to draw from and it can be skewed pretty easily based on a couple factors (transmission, options...) IMO. He doesn't delve in that deeply.

SS
Old 08-22-2022, 12:28 PM
Ikone
Three Wheelin'

Received 807 Likes on 401 Posts

Had a gut feeling this would happen. I sold back in February.
Old 08-22-2022, 03:54 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

I buy the peak and sell at bottom. Big brain moves.
The following 2 users liked this post by MingusDew:
Brainofjjj (08-22-2022), S S (08-22-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 04:13 PM
TangoUniform
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

I'm about to sign the papers on a 2019 T. I've been looking for a Miami Blue or Lava Orange T, S, or GTS for about a year and finally found one locally! It should be out of the CPO inspection today and I can bring it home tomorrow. I'm pumped!

Prod Month: 2018-07-26
Price: $118,860.00
Exterior: Miami Blue
Interior: Leather Interior in Black/GT Silver with Sport-Tex
BASE 911 Carrera T
090 Carrera T Interior Package
470 Rear Axle Steering
498 Deletion of Model Logo
603 Bi-Xenon Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System
625 Porsche Entry & Drive
9VL Bose® Surround Sound System
EKC Interior Trim in Leather in Interior Color i.c.w. Leather Interior
J5 Miami Blue
QH1 Voice Control
QR5 Sport Chrono Package
YG Leather Interior in Black/GT Silver with Sport-Tex Seat Centers i.c.w. Carrera T Interior Package

Almost the perfect spec for me except I wish it had PDLS+, LCA, and 18-ways, but it'll do!
BA73 (08-30-2022)
Old 08-22-2022, 05:22 PM
Tommy L Garage
Rennlist Member

Received 560 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by TangoUniform
I'm about to sign the papers on a 2019 T. I've been looking for a Miami Blue or Lava Orange T, S, or GTS for about a year and finally found one locally! It should be out of the CPO inspection today and I can bring it home tomorrow. I'm pumped!

Prod Month: 2018-07-26
Price: $118,860.00
Exterior: Miami Blue
Interior: Leather Interior in Black/GT Silver with Sport-Tex
BASE 911 Carrera T
090 Carrera T Interior Package
470 Rear Axle Steering
498 Deletion of Model Logo
603 Bi-Xenon Headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System
625 Porsche Entry & Drive
9VL Bose® Surround Sound System
EKC Interior Trim in Leather in Interior Color i.c.w. Leather Interior
J5 Miami Blue
QH1 Voice Control
QR5 Sport Chrono Package
YG Leather Interior in Black/GT Silver with Sport-Tex Seat Centers i.c.w. Carrera T Interior Package

Almost the perfect spec for me except I wish it had PDLS+, LCA, and 18-ways, but it'll do!
Welcome to the family!
18 ways can be retrofitted later. I did that in my old 981.
Old 08-22-2022, 05:59 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by G99x.y
Or if anyone wants sell their lwb seats or trade for base Carrera T seats - ping me.

im in no rush. Just waiting …. on people’s backs to have enough. 😂
Drove 6 hours up the PCH to Monterey. Stopped for lunch in SLO and some coffee at Ragged Point. I think the seats start to become a little uncomfy at 3-4’ish hours, but a quick stop is enough to refresh my bum and I’m good to go. No way would I ever get rid of these seats. You’ll maybe find some from a wrecked car, for that low price of ~$15k or whatever they’re going for these days, but I don’t see anyone wanting to trade. They’re just that good
Old 08-22-2022, 10:04 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

FBs = Best Seats Ever for a Sports Car. Full stop.

SS
Old 08-23-2022, 08:42 AM
Jeff Burger
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

S S (08-23-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 08:45 AM
pizzaflyer
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have a T and a 996 GT3? About the same price, both special cars. Just drove a T but haven’t driven a GT3 in a bit and that was on the track.

Old 08-24-2022, 02:57 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,476 Likes on 792 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaflyer
Anyone have a T and a 996 GT3? About the same price, both special cars. Just drove a T but haven’t driven a GT3 in a bit and that was on the track.
Any 996 is going to feel more visceral than a Carrera t. This isn't going to be popular but a Carrera T isn't anything special UNLESS you option the carbon buckets and rear wheel steering. If a T isnt optioned that was its basically a parts bin special Carrera S...................................................... Dont get me wrong, its a great car but no unicorn like some think it is......
ducktails (08-24-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 03:08 PM
ducktails
Racer

Received 460 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Any 996 is going to feel more visceral than a Carrera t. This isn't going to be popular but a Carrera T isn't anything special UNLESS you option the carbon buckets and rear wheel steering. If a T isnt optioned that was its basically a parts bin special Carrera S...................................................... Dont get me wrong, its a great car but no unicorn like some think it is......
Surprisingly as a T owner I agree with this take except it's a parts bin base, not an S . Not to mention the 996 is going to have fewer electronic aids, hydraulic steering, shorter wheelbase etc. so it's closer to what a lot of purists would describe as a 'real' 911 experience. The fact that it's has a badge saying GT3 on it should also help with value retention.However, if that doesn't matter to you, but straight-line acceleration and interior do, then a modern 911 would obviously be better.

It would honestly be a tough choice for me - but I decided a long while ago that I was done buying used 911s with questionable back-stories, and that's another important point to consider -- not every used 996 GT3 is the same quality ... at one point the fried eggs meant that they were relatively cheap and unloved ... and I've seen some real dogs in prior searches. Exercise max caution and get thorough PPIs from people who know what they're doing!

Old 08-26-2022, 09:47 AM
Ed G
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Another opinion... Agree generally that 996 and most older cars feel more visceral but imho its mostly because newer cars are so good and do everything so well that we take for granted how good they are. There's also a certain amount of nostalgia when we drive older cars. Part of the thing we call "soul" is built on that nostalgia and the squeaks, rattles, fact that it breaks down and needs care that modern calls generally don't need or have. Also, modern 911s have limits that are much higher than older ones which makes them feel "less exciting" at lower speeds than older ones.

I am not discounting older cars as I have a 993. I love to drive her and she delivers a tremendous amount of joy and smiles, but if I am honest with myself, the T is really a better car in almost every aspect and is incredibly easy to live with.

I believe if we fast forward 25 years, we will appreciate the T much more for what it is than what it isn't.

As far as parts bin specials, I wouldn't discount that as there's a reason there is a saying that says the whole is better than the sum of the parts. I expect most BMW 1M owners feel that way when it has been called just a parts bin special. Having had an E46 and E92 M3, I can see why some would say that but I expect it is special based on feedback from enthusiasts and owners. I can't comment as have never driven one.

I drove the S, GTS, Turbo (all great cars) and ultimately selected the T as it was the one that spoke to me the most. Couldn't exactly explain why it did, but it did. I have a 7mt with buckets, slicktop and no RWS which were the options I wanted. It has a certain amount of rawness and sportiness along with a daily livability. Maybe it's the buckets (1/2 of what flsupraguy says makes it special) and a little less sound deadening. Again, not sure. I've also noticed that the longer I've had it, the more I appreciate it and enjoy it. Of course that's just a biased opinion from an owner and I may just speaking my book.

As far as choosing between a 996 GT3 and the T, really depends on what you are going to do with it. Have never owned one but have spent some time driving the 996 GT3 and it is an incedible driver's car. If it's a 2nd or beyond car for you, then probably can't go wrong with the GT3. Would definitely get a PPI as it's getting to the age where it could need a lot of work and has a lot of history behind it that would need to be understood as Ducktails said.

Originally Posted by ducktails
Surprisingly as a T owner I agree with this take except it's a parts bin base, not an S . Not to mention the 996 is going to have fewer electronic aids, hydraulic steering, shorter wheelbase etc. so it's closer to what a lot of purists would describe as a 'real' 911 experience. The fact that it's has a badge saying GT3 on it should also help with value retention.However, if that doesn't matter to you, but straight-line acceleration and interior do, then a modern 911 would obviously be better.

It would honestly be a tough choice for me - but I decided a long while ago that I was done buying used 911s with questionable back-stories, and that's another important point to consider -- not every used 996 GT3 is the same quality ... at one point the fried eggs meant that they were relatively cheap and unloved ... and I've seen some real dogs in prior searches. Exercise max caution and get thorough PPIs from people who know what they're doing!
The following 2 users liked this post by Ed G:
ducktails (08-26-2022), minh (08-26-2022)

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club