Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2022, 03:16 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 294 Posts

When I ordered mine I went as minimal\performance as I could get. My MSRP with added options was $116k, which is the base price without any options now. Interesting....
Old 10-20-2022, 05:42 PM
TangoUniform
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

I remember reading that the RAS on the 992 requires a stand alone Lithium Ion battery. Does the 991 have the same? I don't remember reading that anywhere.
Old 10-20-2022, 05:53 PM
Patek
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by spyderbret
When I ordered mine I went as minimal\performance as I could get. My MSRP with added options was $116k, which is the base price without any options now. Interesting....
How long is the wait time. Do you have to be on a list like the other cars. I sure do like the PTS choices. Might be more fun than the 718 GT4. But the narrow body from 2018 is hard to beat also. I missed one in Lava Orange.
Best,
John

Old 10-20-2022, 07:44 PM
spyderbret
Rennlist Member

Received 667 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Patek
How long is the wait time. Do you have to be on a list like the other cars. I sure do like the PTS choices. Might be more fun than the 718 GT4. But the narrow body from 2018 is hard to beat also. I missed one in Lava Orange.
Best,
John
Sorry, I was not clear. I was referring to when I ordered my 991.2. I'm not sure how the wait time is for the 992. I do like the PTS choice now but I'm keeping this one for a long time.
The following users liked this post:
Sarawnty (10-20-2022)
Old 10-20-2022, 10:50 PM
buddalun
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Patek
Best,
John

I can't speak to the 992 T, but I went to Porsche Sunset in Oregon earlier this week and the salesman told me that the wait for a base 992 Carrera is 2.5-3 years if I were to configure one. Is this true? Anyone heard something similar? My feeling is he was pushing me into the 992 on the lot... He was also a total douche.

Last edited by buddalun; 10-20-2022 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:24 AM
Patek
Rennlist Member

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by buddalun
I can't speak to the 992 T, but I went to Porsche Sunset in Oregon earlier this week and the salesman told me that the wait for a base 992 Carrera is 2.5-3 years if I were to configure one. Is this true? Anyone heard something similar? My feeling is he was pushing me into the 992 on the lot... He was also a total douche.
That is a classic move..... wonder if what the truth really is. Interesting.
ducktails (10-22-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 12:11 PM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by buddalun
Insane BS. There are any number of Porsche dealers that will take your money around the country and you won't be waiting 2+ years for your satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to shop around.

SS
buddalun (10-21-2022)
Old 10-21-2022, 05:32 PM
buddalun
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
Insane BS. There are any number of Porsche dealers that will take your money around the country and you won't be waiting 2+ years for your satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to shop around.

SS
Good to know, I will call the other Porsche dealer in my state.
Old 10-21-2022, 08:10 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Why not offer the carbon fiber wheels from the Turbo S as an option?

Old 10-21-2022, 09:41 PM
Reddevil68
7th Gear

Received 19 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Franz993
We can speculate all we want about 991.2T values, but I do wonder what the net effect will be on our cars from all this new press and exposure. Something tells me the T will be more well known now and that may help hold values in the long run.

Irrespective of this, I thought for a second about putting down a deposit for the new T but it would just be chasing the latest and not necessarily a "better" car. So I'm keeping mine.
Agreed! They are marketing the new T pretty heavily and that should add to the mystic. For those wide body haters the 991 will be much preferred.
Old 10-22-2022, 02:03 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,126 Likes on 670 Posts

Mixed feelings on the 992t launching. Not my cup of tea but glad it’s available to those that want one. On the other hand, the 991.2t may just be a little less “desirable” to some causing values to drop a bit with the “next new thing” coming out. I’m wondering if the 992 will end up having similar production numbers to the 991.2 or if it will be that Porsche will make as many as they can sell. Kinda hoping for the later so my 991.2 can keep some of its “gotta have it” stigma.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:12 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 537 Likes on 219 Posts

“Desirable” is definitely a long term game when it comes to Porsche outside of ridiculously restricted production (sport classic/speedster) and GT cars but even GT cars can go for a dip in normal markets. Best to enjoy what you have unless latest and greatest is your thing. The 992T has a lot of great stuff going for it but most of the hype will only remain because they are not be able to produce enough now that people think it’s “special” because it offers a MT with base engine…come to think of it, did Porsche just create a market for the T just because of that MT? 🤨 some of the questions on the 992T thread tell me they did…people asking to add heavy glass etc back in. Ultimately, Porsche production can’t meet the demand especially with the European issues looming and with it being one of the last non electrified PCars it will be sought after like ours….that is until California outlaws gasoline pumps and tanker trucks to carry said gasoline.

Last edited by Alc; 10-22-2022 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:43 PM
ducktails
Racer

Received 464 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by Alc
“Desirable” is definitely a long term game when it comes to Porsche outside of ridiculously restricted production (sport classic/speedster) and GT cars but even GT cars can go for a dip in normal markets. Best to enjoy what you have unless latest and greatest is your thing. The 992T has a lot of great stuff going for it but most of the hype will only remain because they are not be able to produce enough now that people think it’s “special” because it offers a MT with base engine
Bang on.

Most of us forget that the 991.2 Carrera T was lot poison when it was first released. I remember seeing them languish in showrooms for months. Mine was bough new off the lot, having sat there for a year. The other "new" T I was looking at had its warranty punched and got turned into a demo car that the showroom manager took the track regularly. It's only after they went out of production that they started getting sought-after. You could even see it in the press; initial reviews tagged it as a disappointment (e.g. Evo's initial review), then as soon as it goes out of production, boom - Evo "future icons" issue.

I think this is down to a couple of things: 1) word got out about what a wonderfully balanced package the T really is for people who are actually owning and driving them long-term, 2) speculators chasing after something 'rare' but attainable, rolling the dice on some kind of RS America scenario transpiring.

So the 992 T - it might also be rare just because of production constraints, but I think its existence plus the general direction of the market is definitely going to take the air out if 991.2T resale prices by driving away the speculators. Good riddance. If I did not have my 991 and I could not get a GTS Lightweight, the 992 T would definitely be my choice. I hope drivers get to buy them.
Old 10-22-2022, 06:16 PM
Zylinderkopfdichtung
Rennlist Member

Received 571 Likes on 197 Posts

I’m intrigued by the 992 Carrera T. I love that Porsche has decided to produce another lightweight Carrera, especially as the cars have gotten bigger, wider, and heavier with each successive generation. Though Porsche themselves say that the T slots in between the Base and the S, I think that description completely fails to describe what the T is and why it exists. It’s not a “Base+” nor an “S-”. The T is a different animal meant to address a segment of the buying public unimpressed with bench racing and Car and Driver measured statistics. The T’s merits are difficult to describe but completely understandable upon driving one in haste.

I won’t be buying a 992 T, though if I were in the market for a new non-GT 911 I likely would. The comparisons between the 991.2 T and 992 T have already started—bench racing of course—but the size, weight, narrow body, and LWBS of the 991.2 T make it the right choice FOR ME.
Old 10-22-2022, 11:28 PM
Alc
Racer

Received 537 Likes on 219 Posts

Well some of our feelings are the standard “the last generation, which I happen to own, is the last good Porsche ever made” but a lot of it is definitely founded. The 992T is going to be a great car just like the 991, 997, and yes even the 996. Would I love to have a 992T…yup. Would I trade May 991.2T for one, NO WAY IN HELL! The 992T is an artificially demanded trim level created by Porsche by not offering a MT in the base Carrera. The 991.2T, on the hand, was built because enthusiast were clamoring for a model that was a lightweight model with all the performance goodies without the crazy GT monicker. Just a back to basics 911. Magically the 991.2T was born…and no one bought it. The hype began after production ended on it and then all of a sudden people realized…dang that was the perfect car. Then cashing in on this the 992T was developed. The 991.2T was purposefully built with things to make it better, more raw, and actually slot it between the base and S. The 992T has applied the “same recipe” without the in depth development and the only way to get the base engine with a MT. Example, no door pulls, why not…because you’re everyday buyers are no longer the the enthusiast/minimalist they are now anyone who prefers a MT with the base 911.

It was all the little things that make the original, well original and unique, designed and developed for the 991.2T. My hypothetical question is would there be the same or more demand for the the 992T if the base 992 had offered a MT on its own?

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club