Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2022, 07:26 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 800 Likes on 537 Posts

I found it best to reach him on what's app
+381 65 3086899
Old 10-28-2022, 07:33 PM
carlitosgomes22
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you that is helpful to know.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:21 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

i have a MY2021 with PCM5. What is the easiest and most reliable solution to achieve android auto???
Old 10-29-2022, 03:44 PM
NukeThemTillThey
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
i have a MY2021 with PCM5. What is the easiest and most reliable solution to achieve android auto???
I can only speak from what I've read and my own experience with my new 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0. AIO method is the way to go! Software/firmware and maps update all together was about an hour of time and totally done, functional, works great.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:51 PM
simaservis1108
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by NukeThemTillThey
I can only speak from what I've read and my own experience with my new 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0. AIO method is the way to go! Software/firmware and maps update all together was about an hour of time and totally done, functional, works great.
1)Doesnt work on PCM5
2)First visit to the dealer and you will have warranty problems.

All unauthorized software updates will have warranty issues.

Activation should be undetectable and done without software updates

PCM Coding,Carplay & Android Auto Fullscreen,Maps update
Old 10-29-2022, 07:35 PM
edub
Pro

Received 342 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by simaservis1108
1)Doesnt work on PCM5
2)First visit to the dealer and you will have warranty problems.

All unauthorized software updates will have warranty issues.

Activation should be undetectable and done without software updates
Can you provide more evidence of why this would cause a warranty issue by simply visiting the dealer?

A year ago you told me patching would result in overflowing memory of PCM and an "unpleasant surprise" would come. It's clear that wasn't accurate information, what have you learned in the last year that makes your statement today reliable?

Old 10-30-2022, 03:24 PM
simaservis1108
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by edub
Can you provide more evidence of why this would cause a warranty issue by simply visiting the dealer?

A year ago you told me patching would result in overflowing memory of PCM and an "unpleasant surprise" would come. It's clear that wasn't accurate information, what have you learned in the last year that makes your statement today reliable?
If it didn't happen yet,it doesn't mean my statement is not reliable
When the dealer runs SVM on the car that has had software update outside the dealer it will flag PCM for replacement.
Dealer will contact the tech support,tech support says to run comparison between actual and original configuration and that is where the problem will appear.

In attachment is photo of one PCM4 terminal that I fixed remotely because some coder in the UK has used the solution that is floating around the internet.He was running the MU0807 which was originally delivered with the car.Coder applied AIO update which updated his PCM.
It worked OK for 4 months then one morning,unpleasant surprise,PCM was stuck in bootloop between logo and black screen.
We downgraded the PCM to the original version,so the car can pass SVM,cleaned the update logs inside unit,and did the activation as it should be - undetectable.

Problem fixed.

Old 10-30-2022, 06:27 PM
edub
Pro

Received 342 Likes on 190 Posts

When the dealer runs SVM on the car that has had software update outside the dealer it will flag PCM for replacement.
Dealer will contact the tech support,tech support says to run comparison between actual and original configuration and that is where the problem will appear.

In attachment is photo of one PCM4 terminal that I fixed remotely because some coder in the UK has used the solution that is floating around the internet.He was running the MU0807 which was originally delivered with the car.Coder applied AIO update which updated his PCM.
It worked OK for 4 months then one morning,unpleasant surprise,PCM was stuck in bootloop between logo and black screen.
We downgraded the PCM to the original version,so the car can pass SVM,cleaned the update logs inside unit,and did the activation as it should be - undetectable.

Problem fixed.

Thanks for your response. In other words you reimaged the pcm's persistence volume and applied a update with your method.

What this says is both methods work to update the PCM. Corruption of a disk isn't an indicator of AIO being unreliable. It writes and reads from disks the same I/O methods that your update uses. Your just writing different data.
Old 10-30-2022, 07:04 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 286 Posts

Problem fixed.

@simaservis1108 By undetectable, are you talking about PIWIS?

What I see after running AIO, is this warning in PIWIS if I don't run SVM fix

After running SVM fix or deleting the warning in PIWIS

Please let us know how your method is undetectable compared to AIO.
Are you using the SWAP activation like the dealer?

Old 10-31-2022, 07:14 AM
simaservis1108
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@edub
Not at all,we downgraded whole PCM unit to the original soft,so SVM online can pass.
There is a script inside PCM to rebuild persistence.After it is run,all coding,adaptations and datasets are gone,along with PCM codes.
Fortunately I have a car emulator and my bench and can retrieve those and upload to the end user's PCM via teamviewer.

@718socal
With clone PIWIS you cant run SVM online,because you have no PPN account.
They use SVM also when there are dealer actions done like recalls or something like that.
What you did is basically clear the error B2000 with XOR.
AIO will pass SVM online only in one case and that is if car was delivered with K5186(I think AIO uses that) and thats it.
In all other cases PCM will be flagged for replacement,and dealer will know something is wrong.

Last edited by simaservis1108; 10-31-2022 at 07:18 AM.
Old 10-31-2022, 08:52 AM
Todd Gaine
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 37 Posts

This is way too technical for me. All I can say is Sima did the AA update on my 982 BS and it worked for 9 months (including a service under service plan) before I traded it in on my current 991.2 GTS. He did the AA update on my 991 a few months back and no problems. I have never tried any alternatives.
Old 10-31-2022, 12:09 PM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 286 Posts

@edub
Not at all,we downgraded whole PCM unit to the original soft,so SVM online can pass.
There is a script inside PCM to rebuild persistence.After it is run,all coding,adaptations and datasets are gone,along with PCM codes.
Fortunately I have a car emulator and my bench and can retrieve those and upload to the end user's PCM via teamviewer.

@718socal
With clone PIWIS you cant run SVM online,because you have no PPN account.
They use SVM also when there are dealer actions done like recalls or something like that.
What you did is basically clear the error B2000 with XOR.
AIO will pass SVM online only in one case and that is if car was delivered with K5186(I think AIO uses that) and thats it.
In all other cases PCM will be flagged for replacement,and dealer will know something is wrong.
@simaservis1108 Thank you for responding. So is your method undetectable by the dealer? I thought that you were using the same vulnerability to patch our PCM. If we restore the original firmware and backup, is it still detectable?
Old 10-31-2022, 01:20 PM
simaservis1108
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@718socal
As you can see yes.
There are 3 ways that the PCM can be unlocked.
i will write more in detail as I am back home,because I am currently out of country,and WiFi here is very bad.
The following users liked this post:
asellus (10-31-2022)
Old 11-01-2022, 10:24 AM
IainC
Track Day

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts

Activating AA on a PCM requires some technical skill, so I'm all for supporting people on this forum who offer this as a service. However, if you're reasonably technically minded and all you want to do is enable AA on PCM4 as a DIY, instructions on how to do this using just an SD card are here: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...-in-991-a.html
Old 11-07-2022, 10:37 PM
eddiesudz
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DarienA
When does that one power off. As soon as you lock the car door or is there a delay? I've been using the one of the armrest that I'm finding that when I get home I have to battle between my phone trying to connect to my home Wi-Fi and to reconnect to the OtterBox because the one on the armrest doesn't turn off immediately.
OtterBox worked like a charm on my 2017 991.2. The status light blinks blue when I power down the car. Sounds like this is ok and hopefully it turns off after a while? I have my car connected to a Porsche battery tender so hopefully nothing to worry about.

Quick Reply: Porsche PCM Upgrade/Hack for Android Auto? Is this real?