Sponsored by: Road Spy

I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2021, 05:37 PM
2fcknfst
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 4,025 Likes on 3,062 Posts

All of this, plus the tear in the front rubber is making me seriously consider a GT3 front swap.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 06:03 PM
Keching
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
He said it's TECH ART
wow that looks really good, making me want to reconsider on the aerokit.
Old 04-19-2021, 06:12 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 740 Likes on 539 Posts

I would call the parts department at both Atlanta dealers and ask them if there is a sensor or control module for the spoiler deployment at the 75 mph speed. If so, have them send you a diagram of the system so you can understand its relative to parts. They have helped me before in that manner regarding some electrical gremlins, etc...

They may be able to offer some insight if people are replacing a certain sensor and they may know a solution......also pose the question on renntech.org and maybe some insight....sorry you are having issues......let us know, as I know you will on what the solution turns out to be........

Last edited by abiazis; 04-22-2021 at 10:34 AM.
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 09:36 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
So:
- Automatic deployment at speed when moving = error.
After clearing error
- Manually deployment with button hold while not moving = no error.

What happens if you try to manually deploy the spoiler at speed, but before the the auto-deploy? Like 50 mph?
Error? Deploy? No deploy? Maybe you already mentioned this, but I didn't see it...

Good point. I did not try this. Only tried the S+ on the dial, which does NOT deploy them anymore.

I need to get it out and try it but I'm on duty tonight and all day tmrw. May have to wait until Wed.

Thanks Paul. I'll report back.

Originally Posted by 2fcknfst
All of this, plus the tear in the front rubber is making me seriously consider a GT3 front swap.
That's what a buddy of mine said. lol

Originally Posted by Keching
wow that looks really good, making me want to reconsider on the aerokit.
Let us know what you do.

Originally Posted by abiazis
I would call the parts department at both Atlanta dealers and ask them if there is a sensor for the spoiler deployment at the 75 mph speed. If so, have them send you a diagram of the system so you can understand its relative to parts. They have helped me before in that manner regarding some electrical gremlins, etc...

They may be able to offer some insight if people are replacing a certain sensor and they may know a solution......also pose the question on renntech.org and maybe some insight....sorry you are having issues......let us know, as I know you will on what the solution turns out to be........
Good point. I'm hoping they'll help me instead of the service dept. just trying to bend me over and want to replace everything.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:57 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

Wondering if it could be this:

Control Assembly - Porsche (991-358-191-03)

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/o...ly-99135819103

Not cheap at ~$800 but not the $6,000+ I'm hearing for some front spoiler repairs...

This thread has some interesting info as well... Sounds like popped bladders are fairly common (and very expensive), but software or controller issues seem to pop up as well?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...eed-issue.html

Last edited by pfbz; 04-19-2021 at 10:03 PM.
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 10:03 PM
Beezupra
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 161 Posts

Not cheap at ~$800 but not the $6,000+ I'm hearing for some front spoiler repairs...
If Swole gets a bit more reason to suspect a specific part like this one, then that would open up the possibility of meeting up with another owner to see if swapping-in the part fixes it or not, before a parts purchase
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 10:05 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Yes!! Not cheap but WAY better than the alternative. Thanks for finding that. Let's hope it's this or even something cheaper.

One thread I read, a guy had his issue fixed with some recalibration due to a dead / low battery. My friend Mike even suggested my batter might be weak and these Porsches do weird crap when powers not right.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:07 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Beezupra
If Swole gets a bit more reason to suspect a specific part like this one, then that would open up the possibility of meeting up with another owner to see if swapping-in the part fixes it or not, before a parts purchase

Good idea, as long as swapping them isn't like several hours to do.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-19-2021, 10:19 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Do you have a PIWIS system? Or an independent shop your friendly with that has one?

You can buy clone PIWIS systems pretty reasonably these days... I bought one, though I haven't really done more than just play with it a couple of times.

It would be interesting to see if the controller is reporting any spoiler faults, and exactly what they might be...
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 10:22 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Do you have a PIWIS system? Or an independent shop your friendly with that has one?

You can buy clone PIWIS systems pretty reasonably these days... I bought one, though I haven't really done more than just play with it a couple of times.

It would be interesting to see if the controller is reporting any spoiler faults, and exactly what they might be...

This was a thought. Maybe the dealer I got my tune upgrade with has a PIWIS.

I'm reading a few things on some threads about just recalibration or things out of wack due to low / dead battery.

I'm really hoping it's this. ^
Old 04-19-2021, 10:27 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Durametric might also be able to read faults from this system, but not sure...
Big Swole (04-19-2021)
Old 04-20-2021, 09:53 PM
bigrpowr
Rennlist Member

Received 354 Likes on 238 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
This was a thought. Maybe the dealer I got my tune upgrade with has a PIWIS.

I'm reading a few things on some threads about just recalibration or things out of wack due to low / dead battery.

I'm really hoping it's this. ^
i say we just blame the dealer!
Big Swole (04-20-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 12:09 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

I got my car checked today by an Indy with a PIWIS.
Long story short, it must be the control module for the Spoiler system or something related to the speed sensor.

I pulled the battery + cable to reset on the way over. Everything worked PERFECTLY deploying them manually in EVERY mode!
Sport Plus deployed them as it should and manually did so too. Static AND at Speed ( up to 75-77 mph) WITHOUT ANY issue.

SOON as I hit 78 mph, the code pops up!!! When in Sport Plus with everything deployed, at Soon as it hit 78 mph, the "SPOILER FAILURE - REDUCE SPEED" Warning pops up and the rear spoiler Retracts immediately

I took 25 mins of video as the tech went through All of my codes and things logged. It's hard to believe what all these cars store. I also have something going on inside my drivers door, according to the PIWIS.
He said the micro sensors and such inside the door / door handle do this type of thing. Could just be a dirty connection or something. They've had to chase them before to clean and reconnect.
Funny thing is, NOTHING is acting up on my door. That I know of anyway.

They are going to try to find me a used control module and try to save me some money. More to come after they investigate the codes with some of their resources and if they can find another Control Module.
I'll keep everyone posted.

Last edited by Big Swole; 04-22-2021 at 12:12 AM.
abiazis (04-22-2021)
Old 04-24-2021, 12:44 PM
Steve Cole
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

My car is still doing that, and I think it's the pump that doesn't react fast enough. My car works just fine with the button and it works just fine in cooler weather, but in hot weather the pump can't deploy the front spoiler fast enough to meet acceleration demand.
Old 04-24-2021, 01:20 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve Cole
My car is still doing that, and I think it's the pump that doesn't react fast enough. My car works just fine with the button and it works just fine in cooler weather, but in hot weather the pump can't deploy the front spoiler fast enough to meet acceleration demand.

The only problem I have that sounds different than yours is after it throws the code at speed, I can no longer do anything manually until I pull the positive cable off the battery for a couple of minutes. Or reset the code with a scanner I’m assuming.

if mine were just always deploy regardless manually then I would probably just leave it alone because it seems to work perfectly fine even at speed. Like I said when I tested the other day, I was at 75 mph and it deployed perfectly multiple times in every mode manually. Once I got to 78 mph as when the code pops up and then it no longer works until I clear the code by pulling the positive cable off the battery for a couple of minutes.

Quick Reply: I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)