Sponsored by: Road Spy

I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2021, 08:04 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 857 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Well it was yesterday, but I did my first Track event at Atlanta Motorsports Park with my buddy who's a Diamond Member there at has multiple cars (He chose to drive his GT2RS).
This was an early session with me still trying to find the feel of these PS4S's and what they can take while chasing him on Cup 2's. Not to mention he's got hundreds of laps there and a GT2RS..lol
I feel like a had a very decent pace by mid / end of day. I never had to give a "point by" to anyone except during a couple of tire warm up laps when first entering.

Lot's of traffic early on but we have some gaps...It was FUN!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtYMUwi60R8
Any short straight sections to see how your tune pulled vs a GT2RS ? Hard to tell from the vid.....

Last edited by onfireTTS; 03-15-2021 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:25 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Clean before the track. Got dirty FAST.

The following users liked this post:
John D II (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 08:25 PM
vrybad
Rennlist Member

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts

Thank you.
Got my Zunsport Grills installed the day before the track day. They look pretty decent I guess.
Grills look very good (I'm really looking forward to installing them on my car, too).
The car looks very good with the black wheels, as well.
Gotta love GT Silver.
Big Swole (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 08:27 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Any short straight sections to see how your tune pulled vs a GT2RS ? Hard to tell from the vid.....

No! Not at all.

Well, there were a few tiny sections of straight and I could tell he wasn't pulling on me much, if at all.

I'd be willing to bet, it would be VERY close with him and me on my race gas tune. He doesn't think so, but I do..lol

I'd love to test him on a nice 60-130 pull. Maybe someday I talk him into it.
Old 03-15-2021, 08:28 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vrybad
Grills look very good (I'm really looking forward to installing them on my car, too).
The car looks very good with the black wheels, as well.
Gotta love GT Silver.

Thank you Sir. I wasn't crazy about how they fit at first but I know it's a challenge to make something that fits from the front well.
After getting them on I like it better.

Thank you on the wheels. I'm a fan of them too.

Old 03-15-2021, 08:30 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

No! Not at all.

Well, there were a few tiny sections of straight and I could tell he wasn't pulling on me much, if at all.

I'd be willing to bet, it would be VERY close with him and me on my race gas tune. He doesn't think so, but I do..lol

The vid “looked” like he did not pull at all. I would guess you guys would be fairly close with your pump gas tune. Your race gas tune would pull away.

Well done !
Big Swole (03-15-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 09:41 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Here's a few hot laps with some traffic with the GF in the car. Got told at the end that my Exhaust was too Loud!! LOL. They recommended I short shift. lol

I did on the next session and it messed up my "Flow", so I pulled in. Last session I just let it Eat

Old 03-15-2021, 11:19 PM
wcarson
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 96 Posts

No! Not at all.

If he’s stock, he should pull 60-130 in around 6.5 seconds..... that’s what they run stock. You know what your numbers are.....!! Your race gas tune is certainly quicker than that. Your pump gas tune should be about equal to the stock GT2RS. Damned impressive.
Big Swole (03-16-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 11:38 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

No! Not at all.

Get him to do some Dragy pulls.
Big Swole (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 12:39 AM
Emeka
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

Im late to the show but damn dude, vehicle is all kinds of gorgeous. IMO the black wheels look better on the car, coupled with everything else, than the silver. Keep them as your summer wheels. You can use the silver ones for track day or spare. Also, the Zunsport grills compliments the black wheels, tails, emblems e.t.c. Your car is def getting better and better over time. Keep up the good work and keep motivating us. You did great at the track btw. Good lines.
The following 2 users liked this post by Emeka:
Big Swole (03-16-2021), Keching (04-08-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 02:36 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys!! I appreciate you watching and tuning in to my adventures.

Thank you for the compliments as well on the car. I do like the black wheel look better.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:58 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 653 Posts

Thanks guys!! I appreciate you watching and tuning in to my adventures.

Thank you for the compliments as well on the car. I do like the black wheel look better.
I don't think I'm fully caught up - are you still thinking of moving away from the GIAC tune to a Cobb custom?
Big Swole (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 03:10 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
I don't think I'm fully caught up - are you still thinking of moving away from the GIAC tune to a Cobb custom?

As of right now, No. I love the way this car drives now with the upgraded stage 2 tune and race gas tune. I still believe Cobb is Great and love working with SAM on tuning, but for what this setup cost me and how well it drives, the only time I can see me spending the $ to swap to Cobb is If / when I decide to do more major Power mods (hard parts, meth, turbos, etc). For a tune / exhaust car only, this giac tune is so so good.

I did a test of the race gas tune (sacrificed the money) and took a full tank of 93 / VP 109 mix to the mountains to see how it drove at the full 620-640 whp tune and it was Amazingly smooth yet powerful. It's amazing how simply "Normal" it can drive on that tune, as well as just the pump 93 stg. 2 tune, yet have enough power to run 9's.

Not that I'll be running around on the race gas tune, but just wanted to see what it was capable of and how "Drivable" it was. I'm impressed. Now if I had the money to not worry about future problems, I'd run a 93 / E85 mix and use the Race Gas tune ALL THE DANG TIME...It's that good IMHO. But, I just can NOT take the chance with E85. I wished it was safer for the system.

Don't get me wrong, the 93 pump gas tune is amazing too. I ran it at the track all day and it was great. Never seemed to over heat or pull power at all. Getting some bigger IC's would be first on my list if I could afford to do track days on the regular. That'd be about the only mod I think would be smart.

The only thing I'm think I will change in the future (when / if the 308 sells), is to swap to the Europipe EP2. This Catless Tubi exhaust sounds freaking MEAN and LOUD, but it's just a bit too obnoxious at times. But sometimes I Love the Mean sound. At WOT it sound just straight up Angry!!! lol.

Last edited by Big Swole; 03-16-2021 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-16-2021, 04:56 PM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 653 Posts

As of right now, No. I love the way this car drives now with the upgraded stage 2 tune and race gas tune. I still believe Cobb is Great and love working with SAM on tuning, but for what this setup cost me and how well it drives, the only time I can see me spending the $ to swap to Cobb is If / when I decide to do more major Power mods (hard parts, meth, turbos, etc). For a tune / exhaust car only, this giac tune is so so good....I did a test of the race gas tune (sacrificed the money) and took a full tank of 93 / VP 109 mix to the mountains to see how it drove at the full 620-640 whp tune and it was Amazingly smooth yet powerful. It's amazing how simply "Normal" it can drive on that tune, as well as just the pump 93 stg. 2 tune, yet have enough power to run 9's....Don't get me wrong, the 93 pump gas tune is amazing too. I ran it at the track all day and it was great. Never seemed to over heat or pull power at all. Getting some bigger IC's would be first on my list if I could afford to do track days on the regular. That'd be about the only mod I think would be smart....
This is where I am too. I really prefer the *turn key* nature of the GIAC tune. I just want it to work every time and it really does. I'm about the pull the trigger on intercoolers/diverters/Ypipe/plenum/etc and will revisit the tune at the same time, but I'm not going to get the race gas tune - I only need it to work perfectly on pump gas 93. If the day comes where I want a full frame turbo upgrade, then the Cobb with Sam's help makes sense.
Big Swole (03-16-2021)
Old 03-16-2021, 04:59 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
This is where I am too. I really prefer the *turn key* nature of the GIAC tune. I just want it to work every time and it really does. I'm about the pull the trigger on intercoolers/diverters/Ypipe/plenum/etc and will revisit the tune at the same time, but I'm not going to get the race gas tune - I only need it to work perfectly on pump gas 93. If the day comes where I want a full frame turbo upgrade, then the Cobb with Sam's help makes sense.

I am definitely interested to hear how your car runs on this tune with NO tweaks after all those bolt on mods. Keep me / us posted please!!

Quick Reply: I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)