Sponsored by: Road Spy

I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2021, 03:40 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
I thought the plan all along was to sell the 308? Either way, I support you for doing what you need to do, and it doesn't hurt that you're keeping the Turbo S

Yes. The original goal was to check off the box from one of my all time dream cars (Magnum P.I. 308), keep it through the fall / winter of 2020, and then sell to get the 991 TTS.
But when I started driving / enjoying this car so much I began trying to figure a way to keep it. Still am actually, but the realistic thing for me is to only splurge for one expensive sports car.
The TTS is so amazing and a year round car, where as due to being so hot natured, I could only enjoy the top off experience in the fall / winter months. It's already getting really hot here.
Anyway, Thank you for the support and understanding. If I win the Lotto, I'll be Keeping it!!! lol.
Old 04-09-2021, 10:50 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

I think its a good decision to sell the 308 - and i am sure you will do well on price. As opposed to me - A few years back I bought a 993 Cab (stick 26k miles perfect condition) on a whim. Unfortunately prices softened when i sold it and it was a costly 1 year with CA taxes . But like you I sold it when I got my SILVER TT. The older car was a romantic throwback - but I preferred the newer car and I dont have a lot of garage space - so one had to go. GLWS. I dont miss the 993 - for what its worth.
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 02:44 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 961 Likes on 586 Posts

Good luck bud. You enjoyed it and I'm sure the new owner will too!

"Higgins, I can explain."

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Big Swole (04-09-2021)
Old 04-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rodsky
I think its a good decision to sell the 308 - and i am sure you will do well on price. As opposed to me - A few years back I bought a 993 Cab (stick 26k miles perfect condition) on a whim. Unfortunately prices softened when i sold it and it was a costly 1 year with CA taxes . But like you I sold it when I got my SILVER TT. The older car was a romantic throwback - but I preferred the newer car and I dont have a lot of garage space - so one had to go. GLWS. I dont miss the 993 - for what its worth.
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Good luck bud. You enjoyed it and I'm sure the new owner will too!

"Higgins, I can explain."

Thanks guys!! I really appreciate it.

Excited to see where it goes.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:06 AM
Pb Pedis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,034 Likes on 653 Posts

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...trovalvole-20/

Wow. Just read through the comments for yesterday alone - what a nail biter! Man, I know you loved that car but I have to believe you're happy with the result. Also, and not to put too fine a point on it, but wouldn't a few more mods on the TTS help you cope with this loss?
Old 04-14-2021, 12:14 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pb Pedis
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...trovalvole-20/

Wow. Just read through the comments for yesterday alone - what a nail biter! Man, I know you loved that car but I have to believe you're happy with the result. Also, and not to put too fine a point on it, but wouldn't a few more mods on the TTS help you cope with this loss?
It was a Blast to go through that, yet stressful. lol
My GF and buddy were here with me watching on the TV with me.
Several friends had guesses as to what it would end at. I personally thought it wouldn't go that high.

Yes, I do love this car and there will be Many days I regret letting it go.
However, it going as high as it did will certainly ease that pain.
I'll be very close to paying off my TTS with this sale. That was the goal / plan, so I can focus a bit more on saving for retirement.

LOL As for the TTS mods. I might do something different, but on the other hand unless I'm going to go drag racing, this thing is almost perfect as is (power wise).
Once I get the Wire, I'll evaluate things prior to making any major decisions.
The following 2 users liked this post by Big Swole:
abiazis (04-14-2021), Pb Pedis (04-14-2021)
Old 04-14-2021, 12:35 PM
Keching
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
Few more pics

Which front lip does the middle White Turbo have? Looks really aggressive and it's something different compared to the Porsche Aerokit.
Old 04-14-2021, 01:39 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Keching
Which front lip does the middle White Turbo have? Looks really aggressive and it's something different compared to the Porsche Aerokit.

I'll have to check with the owner and report back.
Old 04-14-2021, 02:19 PM
Beezupra
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 161 Posts

rear deck spoiler is aftermarket too
Old 04-14-2021, 02:19 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

I'll have to check with the owner and report back.

He said it's TECH ART
Old 04-18-2021, 04:46 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Okay folks!! I need suggestions here before having to take It in. There HAS to be a hard code set or a connection that's just dirty or something I can check. Maybe a bad sensor for the 75 mph speed deployment that can be replaced.

I was driving in Sport Plus yesterday in town just before hitting the hwy. Spoilers deployed
Hit the hwy. got up to speed and must have hit 75 mph and got the Spoiler Failure displayed.
Spoilers deactivated with the button but would Never deploy again after that manually.
I pulled the positive cable on the battery today and I was immediately able to manually deploy them WITHOUT any error or malfunction.
Drove it again and just as soon as I hit the 75 mph sensor deployment, I get the code again. I did this reset and check TWICE!!!

Some people have been charged Stupid amounts of money by dealers to replace all the components to fix their similar issue but there's NO WAY mine can be anything other than an electronic / programming / code issue.
PLEASE watch my vid and let me know your thoughts and / or suggested fixes. Maybe there's a plug I need to disconnect / reconnect and / or clean that just malfunctioning. Where would these be????

Old 04-18-2021, 05:05 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
When you did the battery pull, did you try turning the **** to S+ to see if it static deployed ? Button works, but does the **** work ?
Good point... I think I totally forgot that. Let me go check..

SO!!! No, it will NOT deploy just by rolling it to Sport Plus on the dial.

YES, it will deploy manually using the button but NOT just using the Sport Plus mode on the dial.

Thoughts??
Old 04-19-2021, 07:56 AM
cosmo1
Pro

Received 123 Likes on 78 Posts

Have you tried programming Induvial Mode to have the spoiler raised to see if that selection still works to determine it has something to do with the certain mode?
Old 04-19-2021, 12:10 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cosmo1
Have you tried programming Induvial Mode to have the spoiler raised to see if that selection still works to determine it has something to do with the certain mode?

Haven't tried that yet either, however the error code / msg. pops up in every mode after reaching 75 mph after reset the battery / code. I tried to keep it in Individual mode so as not to even try to deploy them at speed but the code / msg still pops up!
Old 04-19-2021, 04:28 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,805 Likes on 1,504 Posts

So:
- Automatic deployment at speed when moving = error.
After clearing error
- Manually deployment with button hold while not moving = no error.

What happens if you try to manually deploy the spoiler at speed, but before the the auto-deploy? Like 50 mph?
Error? Deploy? No deploy? Maybe you already mentioned this, but I didn't see it...

Another local 991 Turbo guy who I happened to meet up with yesterday said his front spoiler was having an ungodly expensive amount of work done on the dealer for a similar 'error' message and the dealer was claiming impact damage, non-warranty, even though the signs of impact were pretty trivial imho... Like $6K+. I don't know if the symptoms are the same, but it is definitely worth figuring out how to repair these out of warranty if there are some common issues like perhaps a simple micro-switch.

Last edited by pfbz; 04-19-2021 at 04:29 PM.
Big Swole (04-19-2021)

Quick Reply: I Stepped Up AGAIN (991.2 Turbo S)