991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2017, 03:51 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Surge74
Just get the non-Touring then.
How many options does one need... I think it's great that they are offering the Touring with no Alcantara period.
Oh I would definitely get the non-Touring anyway. I'm just surprised that it's not an option, particularly from a brand that's known for offering lots of options.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:54 PM
Surge74
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Agreed. Note also that deviated (gray) stitching is standard on the non-Touring but costs $4000 plus full leather and 18 way/carbon seats on the Touring! Although you can choose the color.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:03 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Agreed. Note also that deviated (gray) stitching is standard on the non-Touring but costs $4000 plus full leather and 18 way/carbon seats on the Touring! Although you can choose the color.
The touring stitching is either red or black no gray

Standard interior with black stitching is free

Full leather with black stitching is associated with the fee you are referring to
Old 09-17-2017, 04:14 PM
Surge74
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 KSA
The touring stitching is either red or black no gray

Standard interior with black stitching is free

Full leather with black stitching is associated with the fee you are referring to
At least in Canada, that's not correct. The non-Touring GT3 comes with deviated stitching in all cases as standard: Platinum Grey or red.

Touring is black stiching. $1700 for red or $4000 plus full leather and either carbon or 18 way for another color.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Received 626 Likes on 383 Posts

At least in Canada, that's not correct. The non-Touring GT3 comes with deviated stitching in all cases as standard: Platinum Grey or red.

Touring is black stiching. $1700 for red or $4000 plus full leather and either carbon or 18 way for another color.
Regular GT3 and Touring have the same "standard" vs. "red" configurations and pricing, with the difference being GT3 default is gray while Touring default is black. "Standard" has basic stitching on the door arm rests and seats, but no stitching on upper doors, dash, etc. where everything is plastic. Leather upgrade adds additional deviated stitching everywhere (in black on Touring, or gray on GT3). Pay extra and you can get Red, and pay extra again and you can get other colors.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:53 PM
BCMgunner
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 10 Posts

Anybody pick up that the Touring comes with "Black aluminum" while the standard GT3 has "anthracite aluminum" as an option?

I like the darker black aluminum on the Touring.

Still going winged 😬
Old 09-17-2017, 05:02 PM
GT3 KSA
Three Wheelin'

Received 175 Likes on 100 Posts

Your first post confused me when you said non-touring i thought you meant touring we basically said the same thing

Last edited by GT3 KSA; 09-17-2017 at 07:23 PM.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:53 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Yes, I wish the black anodized was available on the regular GT3. You can request it via CXX, but it is $$$.

Originally Posted by BCMgunner
Anybody pick up that the Touring comes with "Black aluminum" while the standard GT3 has "anthracite aluminum" as an option?

Still going winged 😬
Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by BCMgunner

Still going winged ��
Are there real-world pictures of these to establish that anthracite and black are actually unique finishes? The GT4's "black aluminum" wasn't black at all; it was basically pewter. I vaguely remember somebody saying that the 991 GTS's black aluminum was truly black, and looking at the configurator, the regular GT3's anthracite aluminum option looks awfully black to me (but so did the GT4's....). Checking the Touring Package option does darken it a bit further still, and apparently it's possible to spec anthracite aluminum with the Touring Package, but I still wonder if this is a configurator glitch or in fact two separate options. Is Porsche really offering aluminum trim in 3 different finishes? If so, I wonder if the GT4's (not-)black aluminum finish was just renamed anthracite.

It's also interesting to me that the Touring GT3 that's intended to be more toned down comes standard with a more "aggressive" aluminum finish, without even the option to get the regular finish that's standard on the winged GT3.

Anyhow, in my GT4 I find that the standard aluminum and grey stitching work very nicely together, and I'd have only gone with black aluminum if I were also going with yellow/red stitching, otherwise there would be no contrast in the interior anymore -- and even there I'm not really a fan of the black aluminum look. It makes the dash look very one-note IMHO.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:28 PM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Mech33
Yes, I wish the black anodized was available on the regular GT3. You can request it via CXX, but it is $$$.
Do you know if the door sill with the GT3 logo is in the same black when this option is ticked ? or the standard silver ?
Old 09-17-2017, 08:32 PM
jphughan
Drifting

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Do you know if the door sill with the GT3 logo is in the same black when this option is ticked ? or the standard silver ?
Door sills at least in the past have been completely separate entities, and since this car has separate door sill options and the trim descriptions make no mention of affecting the door sills, it's a safe bet that things haven't changed. The trim on the door panels would match though, of course, assuming you ordered the Leather Interior option that caused trim to be placed on the doors to begin with.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

It is standard silver. They will do an anodized black aluminum sill to match via CXX, again $$$.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:33 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by jphughan
Are there real-world pictures of these to establish that anthracite and black are actually unique finishes? The GT4's "black aluminum" wasn't black at all; it was basically pewter. I vaguely remember somebody saying that the 991 GTS's black aluminum was truly black, and looking at the configurator, the regular GT3's anthracite aluminum option looks awfully black to me (but so did the GT4's....). Checking the Touring Package option does darken it a bit further still, and apparently it's possible to spec anthracite aluminum with the Touring Package, but I still wonder if this is a configurator glitch or in fact two separate options. Is Porsche really offering aluminum trim in 3 different finishes? If so, I wonder if the GT4's (not-)black aluminum finish was just renamed anthracite.

It's also interesting to me that the Touring GT3 that's intended to be more toned down comes standard with a more "aggressive" aluminum finish, without even the option to get the regular finish that's standard on the winged GT3.

Anyhow, in my GT4 I find that the standard aluminum and grey stitching work very nicely together, and I'd have only gone with black aluminum if I were also going with yellow/red stitching, otherwise there would be no contrast in the interior anymore -- and even there I'm not really a fan of the black aluminum look. It makes the dash look very one-note IMHO.
yes, the 991 911 GTS has available actual black brushed aluminum. I've seen it side by side with my GT3 (and GT4) that has the anthracite. The anthracite and GT4 black Aluminum are essentially the same as one another, really a dark grey. The GTS black Aluminum is a deep dark brushed black aluminum. Apparently the GT3T has the same black Aluminum as the GTS, which I consider a nice touch that differentiates the Touring a bit from the non-Touring GT3.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 PM
Mech33
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jphughan

Anodized black, anthracite, and brushed aluminum are 3 different aluminum colors. I have a picture of all 3 side by side I have to dig up.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

from all the pics and the amateur videos on YouTube of the GT3T show car at Frankfurt, the door sills on the GT3T appear to be a darker Aluminum than standard, essentially an anthracite Aluminum to go with the all black theme of the car's interior.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option