Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 09:00 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts
Default Pictures from last weeks reveal in LA (thx George)

The Touring is a total sleeper. To Joe Public this is just a 911. I plan on throwing a PTS color at it and making mine distinctive. It was upstaged by the 911T and the GT2RS on display that night. But those in the know, know this is the real deal
  • A note on the full leather on this car. Because the stitching is black it'll take a moment to notice it - again very discreet. I was going to order the steering column in leather but without the deviated stitch you'll hardly notice.
  • Another note the brushed trim on the dash and console matches the door sill plates, so a warning to those that spec another metallic finish, other than paint, leather or carbon, it'll clash.

No redundant controls, like god intended. GT3 pictogram has no wing - nice detail.

Silver nips on the Touring with silver trim

I like the shifter, I think it matches the "alu" trim around the vents. Yes a carbon version, ala the R would be nice

GT Silver with silver trim, these are the std wheels - not satin finished

From this end it looks pretty sleeper. Note: no "GT3" script on wheel centers just Porsche shield - sleeper!

The only Touring script you'll see

Last edited by Bruce R; 12-05-2017 at 09:05 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-05-2017, 10:27 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris88
I'll get one Wednesday afternoon. Hopefully will be able to load from my iPhone.

Looking forward to seeing the Touring!
Chris please get me the VIN if you remember! So far, 10 Touring Spec cars produced for North America (all US cars so far).
Old 12-05-2017, 10:29 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Can the carbon steering wheel be ordered for the Touring?

anyone know he cost to have yellow deviated stitching?

cost to have 911r dual stripe decals and Porsche on the door from Exclusive?
Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Chris88
Burning Brakes

Received 222 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Chris please get me the VIN if you remember! So far, 10 Touring Spec cars produced for North America (all US cars so far).
Will do.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:45 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
Another GT silver Touring here as well, but living on the edge and have ticked PCCB and the red ring black wheels. Im 50/50 if it will work or not. Some pictures to date of wheels with the red are a bit blah.
have you thought of getting the pinstripe in GT Silver?
Old 12-06-2017, 01:03 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Bruce R thanks for posting those pictures. Much better pictures. Car looks awesome, even the wart and the gurney flap don't look as bad from that better angle. Add black exterior trim package, carbon fiber interior trim, carbon ceramics and platinum satin wheels and that car would look fantastic.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:22 AM
Oldmxnut
Burning Brakes

Received 154 Likes on 79 Posts

So need some help / thoughts. I had thought my build was locked in, but long story short, found out today its not locked as yet. In fact will now be a 2018 build. So this was my original build, GT Silver, Black package, buckets, PCCB and red stitch... http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCT3S56 BUT for some reason,.. Im really appreciating a less busy (red stitch, red ring etc) approach with Chalk, Black package, black stitch, buckets PCCB etc. http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUUG4T0

On either colour car, I have already set up with aftermarket to replace the leather on the bucket seats and top of center console with a light natural aniline brown leather. Will contrast the brown with black stitch.

GT silver is familiar, looks good but is on every car in range so added the red to differentiate. Chalk at least a bit more unique to this model version and have simplified.

Appreciate its a personal choice, but comments/thoughts would be welcome if worth changing to the chalk or not.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:24 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Bruce R thanks for posting those pictures. Much better pictures. Car looks awesome, even the wart and the gurney flap don't look as bad from that better angle. Add black exterior trim package, carbon fiber interior trim, carbon ceramics and platinum satin wheels and that car would look fantastic.
I know its not ideal that the gurney flap is not integrated into the body panel, but I dont understand the excitement about it, its very low profile so IMO doesn't really impact the look of the car.

For those saying it looks like an afterthought, I actually think this is exactly what it is. Some months before the Touring was officially announced there were reports of instability of the Touring at high speed. My guess is the fix to this was both adding an electronic speed limiter, and adding this gurney flap.
Old 12-06-2017, 02:55 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
Here is the VIN for the LA Auto Show car...
Old 12-06-2017, 03:00 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

...and another of the car. Looked great, but that GT2RS...I was not expecting to be wowed...but, wow. The Carrera T looked completely underwhelming in the middle.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:17 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Oldmxnut
So need some help / thoughts. I had thought my build was locked in, but long story short, found out today its not locked as yet. In fact will now be a 2018 build. So this was my original build, GT Silver, Black package, buckets, PCCB and red stitch... http://www.porsche-code.com/PJCT3S56 BUT for some reason,.. Im really appreciating a less busy (red stitch, red ring etc) approach with Chalk, Black package, black stitch, buckets PCCB etc. http://www.porsche-code.com/PJUUG4T0

On either colour car, I have already set up with aftermarket to replace the leather on the bucket seats and top of center console with a light natural aniline brown leather. Will contrast the brown with black stitch.

GT silver is familiar, looks good but is on every car in range so added the red to differentiate. Chalk at least a bit more unique to this model version and have simplified.

Appreciate its a personal choice, but comments/thoughts would be welcome if worth changing to the chalk or not.
Colours are subjective, so hard to give good advice, but I just can’t get excited by chalk. There is definitely a feel that this is an ‘in fashion’ colour for VAG brands currently but I don’t think it will age particularly well. If you are planning to keep the car for a while I can imagine getting sick of looking at it.

I also feel feel there is an element of a gamble involved in picking this - what will the car look like in the flesh? Your build looks like it’s over $400k, you would hate to second guess your choice after that sort of spend.

The counter argument to all this is as you pointed out gt silver is not an uncommon colour and just about every car you see on the road is either silver or white or grey or black.

i still think they should have released a unique colour for the touring, the standard gt3 palette is definitely lacking.

so of you two choices I would go gt silver. You might consider matte black ‘R’ stripes to spice it up a little. I’ll post up a photo of the 911R down here in. Tassie to show you the look. It’s a beautiful car.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:31 AM
Bardman
Three Wheelin'

Here it is:

Attachment 1352216
Old 12-06-2017, 08:55 AM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Porsche Exclusive won’t do the R-style top stripes on any GT car, according to them. I asked. They’ll only do the side stripes like the R had ($1485 as a CXX option in choice of single or two tone color(s) or your choice from any of the 3M vinyls). There is also a single centered narrower tapered top stripe available as a factory CXX option, but I don’t like it from the rendering they showed me.

Of course you can do anything you like aftermarket for stripes for less, though it won’t be on the Monroney as an official factory installed option if that matters to you. If you’re planning PPF after delivery, talk to your detailer who will install the PPF before deciding on this stuff to decide whether you want the stripes installed before or after PPF.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:25 AM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee

Here is the VIN for the LA Auto Show car...
Thanks Alan!
Old 12-06-2017, 09:31 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis
Porsche Exclusive won’t do the R-style top stripes on any GT car, according to them. I asked. They’ll only do the side stripes like the R had ($1485 as a CXX option in choice of single or two tone color(s) or your choice from any of the 3M vinyls). There is also a single centered narrower tapered top stripe available as a factory CXX option, but I don’t like it from the rendering they showed me.

Of course you can do anything you like aftermarket for stripes for less, though it won’t be on the Monroney as an official factory installed option if that matters to you. If you’re planning PPF after delivery, talk to your detailer who will install the PPF before deciding on this stuff to decide whether you want the stripes installed before or after PPF.

I felt it matters enough, ordered 2 tone side striping through Porsche Exclusive (CXX option). In Canada the quote is $1540.
Submitted by Exclusive but still waiting on final blessing from Germany.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 will come with "Touring Package" option