GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2017, 10:20 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I'm on the list for a 992 GT3
Same here for a 993 GT3. Word is it will be epic!
Old 12-07-2017, 11:37 PM
porscheflat6
Drifting

Received 225 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
It's not sour grapes at all. It's that I am a left brainer and I can't come to grips with not being able to buy what I want because there is a game to be played first. You have to be on a list, a special customer or owned a 918 or 4 GT3RSs in the past.

I agree that the best manufacturer is largely an opinion. I love Porsche cars which is why I own two of their new sports cars. They know engineering, racing etc but they don't know business apparently. The best car manufacturer is the one that is making the most overall profit (opinion of course). That is the purpose of a business. The same culture that almost bankrupted Porsche in the mid-1980s are still leading PAG. The are replete with fantastic engineers but are not as focused on profit - their survival. Outside the box thinking brought the Boxster and SUVs which came to the rescue. Raise the price of the GT3 until demand equals supply.

P.S. I think mission E is going to sink Porsche. They spent a ton of money to make, effectively a Tesla which will cost even more per unit. Tesla is way ahead of the game too. Enthusiast are not going to play. If I wanted an EV car, I'd buy a Tesla before a heavy Porsche EV car.
haha you must not watch the stock market and company performance. There are 9 EV car companies coming in 12 months. Hell BMW, Audi and Porsche alone will end Tesla in 24 months. Tesla's are plagued with some the worst quality ratings from consumer reports. My buddy Tesla is hilarious in the fact he has door issues and sometime can't get in his car, it is priceless to hear of the issue he deals with. He is looking at a Panamera hybrid after all the quality issues. Look at Tesla operating performance; 4th QTR16 = -$.60 EPS, 1st QTR17 = -$1.40 EPS 2nd = -$1.40 EPS, 3rd QTR17 = -$3.00 EPS & 4th QTR17 projection = -$3.25 EPS. Looks like he is burning though cash and investors money faster than politician at a strip club.
Abandon ship bell is ringing and once BMW, Audi and Porsche bring more EV to the stage, Wall Street will dump Tesla overnight.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/tech...nch/index.html Continuous manufacturing issues keep model 3 from delivering.
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/22/...te-needs-cash/ $8000 per minute = $4.2B in of cash losses in 12 months

Elon is the only CEO in past decade allow to run a multi-billion $$$ company so poorly for so long it amazes me when people tell me they invest in them. His time is coming and end is near, wait till production starts for the new EV trucks and he has to burn through even more cash. Comical to say the least to watch this train wreck continue.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/8575/vo...rofit-for-2016 Audi = $3.2B profit after E-tron development and Porsche = $4.2B after they sank all the money into the E-Mission and it will actually be a quality manufactured car with 9 decades on manufacturing experience.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:23 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,973 Likes on 917 Posts

Speaking of Elon, I have access to a LPV to buy a tranche of about $40M of SpaceX stock. I'm not sure I would touch it myself but If you qualify, and are interested, PM me and I'll put you in touch with the right people.

responded to all interested parties via DM. minimum investment is $2M so not for the "72 month gt3 financing" crowd.

Last edited by CAlexio; 12-15-2017 at 04:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:30 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6
haha you must not watch the stock market and company performance. There are 9 EV car companies coming in 12 months. Hell BMW, Audi and Porsche alone will end Tesla in 24 months. Tesla's are plagued with some the worst quality ratings from consumer reports. My buddy Tesla is hilarious in the fact he has door issues and sometime can't get in his car, it is priceless to hear of the issue he deals with. He is looking at a Panamera hybrid after all the quality issues. Look at Tesla operating performance; 4th QTR16 = -$.60 EPS, 1st QTR17 = -$1.40 EPS 2nd = -$1.40 EPS, 3rd QTR17 = -$3.00 EPS & 4th QTR17 projection = -$3.25 EPS. Looks like he is burning though cash and investors money faster than politician at a strip club.
Abandon ship bell is ringing and once BMW, Audi and Porsche bring more EV to the stage, Wall Street will dump Tesla overnight.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/02/tech...nch/index.html Continuous manufacturing issues keep model 3 from delivering.
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/22/...te-needs-cash/ $8000 per minute = $4.2B in of cash losses in 12 months

Elon is the only CEO in past decade allow to run a multi-billion $$$ company so poorly for so long it amazes me when people tell me they invest in them. His time is coming and end is near, wait till production starts for the new EV trucks and he has to burn through even more cash. Comical to say the least to watch this train wreck continue.

http://www.thedrive.com/news/8575/vo...rofit-for-2016 Audi = $3.2B profit after E-tron development and Porsche = $4.2B after they sank all the money into the E-Mission and it will actually be a quality manufactured car with 9 decades on manufacturing experience.
Growing up in a city like Rome I don't understand how EV will become popular in major cities, it's almost impossible to find parking spots alone and the grid wasn't even ready for home air conditioners.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:29 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default Beware: "It’s not a human right to pollute the air for others"

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Growing up in a city like Rome I don't understand how EV
will become popular in major cities, it's almost impossible
to find parking spots alone and the grid wasn't even ready
for home air conditioners.
Simple Giuseppe..Europeans cities are outlawing gasoline
& diesels vehicles from inside their urban centers. Soon, if
you don't have an 'EV', they will not let your vehicle access
major European cities, period!

Today, in the city in France where I lived part of my early
adult life, they have the following rules in effect:

"Paris already has car-free days, car-free zones and
fines for drivers using cars more than 20 years old
."

And in about 22 years or sooner, Europe will ban all
internal combustion engines! And we in the USA?
We might also follow suit! It's a brave new world!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8000596.html
Old 12-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Growing up in a city like Rome I don't understand how EV will become popular in major cities, it's almost impossible to find parking spots alone and the grid wasn't even ready for home air conditioners.
Hah, I said the same thing after my daughter studied for a summer in Italy and the utilities and infrastructure were an unreliable joke. EV's? Geez, first get the grid to power the air conditioner and microwave at the same time.
Old 12-08-2017, 02:32 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356

."

Looks like are going to have some expensive (or inexpensive I guess depending on your perspective) pieces of art in the future lol
Old 12-08-2017, 02:35 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

."

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale
Hi Eduardo, yes Rome had both the "car free day (weekends)" and the "alternate tags day (week days, depending on your tag's last number, odd or even)" but how and where are they going to be able to set up chargers for EVs that's the question!
Old 12-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

I too was called and offered a car after I was declined an R. I declined at the time as I was in the midst of building a house, carrying old house, wife was off with a new baby, and had purchased a commercial building that we were going to fitup and lease but ended up severing, retaining the land, and selling the building.

House is sold. New house is great. Family is sleeping. The unknowns are now known.

Put down a deposit on a car with a signed sales contract, (to send to Porsche Canada so I was told) and now we wait and see.
Old 12-08-2017, 07:31 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 314 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by porscheflat6

FINALLY...someone speaks the truth about today's PT Barnum...
Old 12-08-2017, 08:46 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

"Growing up in a city like Rome I don't understand how EV will become popular in major cities, it's almost impossible to find parking spots alone and the grid wasn't even ready for home air conditioners"

Dove in Roma Signore?

I lived for 2 years in Olgiata as an expat exec with J&J..
Old 12-08-2017, 08:58 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Salj
"Growing up in a city like Rome I don't understand how EV will become popular in major cities, it's almost impossible to find parking spots alone and the grid wasn't even ready for home air conditioners"

Dove in Roma Signore?

I lived for 2 years in Olgiata as an expat exec with J&J..
I have a lot of friends in Olgiata! I'm from via Cassia between the movie theater and the beltway exit, do you remember the area?
Old 12-08-2017, 09:54 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 58 Posts

I have a lot of friends in Olgiata! I'm from via Cassia between the movie theater and the beltway exit, do you remember the area?

Veremente! Our children went to Marymount School--so we were back and forth over the Raccordo frequently. My office was in Pomezia, so it was a hellacious commute half-way round the perimeter!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:28 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 3,988 Likes on 2,273 Posts

."

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8000596.html
I hope to be dead and buried when that happens in the US. Give me NA engines or give me death!
Old 12-09-2017, 07:33 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default I knew Patrick Henry & don't think you are him!

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I hope to be dead and buried when that happens
in the US. Give me NA engines or give me death!
Martin:

NA engines, from Porsche at least, are going away pretty soon.
All types gasolines & diesels engines will follow shortly. I have a
friend that runs all the network of Palm Mortuaries, Crematoriums
& Cemeteries in Vegas. Can I have him pm you to plan ahead?

You be glad to know he is one of the 'Good Guys' in the mortuary
business & does not usually charge an ADM on desirable cemetery
plots!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Scottsdale

https://www.forbes.com/sites/energyi.../#2deef65a523d

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread